• Do as I say, not as I do.

• 1,176 posts

THANK YOU PARONITY! YOU ARE AMAZING!

SaltySam

SaltySam

• Core Member
  • Resident Ark Dood

• 2,710 posts
Do whhhaaaatttt? O.o thanks so much! I have no idea what to expect now! You're the breast, Paronity!

Paronity

Paronity

• Retired Staff
  • var Paronity = new Guru();

• 16,843 posts

Do whhhaaaatttt? O.o thanks so much! I have no idea what to expect now! You're the breast, Paronity!

Good to have ya on your toes. :P

To everyone, as always, no thanks necessary. Just pay it forward the next time you get a chance. ;)

MRVANSMAN

MRVANSMAN
  • Advanced Member
  • #BanManBuns

• 335 posts

Paronity you are that dude, seriously.

Thanks man! <3

Thunder

Thunder
  • Core Member
  • still watching you ...

• 7,549 posts

You are an awesome person Mr @Paronity !

Thx a lot !

Judge_Payne

Judge_Payne
  • Basic Member
  • 240 posts

Thank you for the giveaway!

What I love about this year is the support I get to continue gaming, even though I'm not the greatest gamer, I still have great friends here! I hope to see you all in 2017 (with some news to come very shortly, and NO, it's not the new Laptop)...

Cheers!

M2THE49

M2THE49

• Retired Staff
  • 5,408 posts

WOW thanks Paronity!! <3

Koda

Koda

• Forum Member
  • Ready for some science?

• 2,130 posts

@Paronity you are [click]! I was actually planning to stream the Resident Evil series so this is going to get it started! I will definitely be paying it forward, keep being awesome!!! :) <3

Blade

Blade
  • Basic Member
  • 526 posts

Thanks Paronity 

SaltySam

SaltySam

• Core Member
  • Resident Ark Dood

• 2,710 posts
So I'm putting my son down for a nap today after a fairly uneventful morning of playing and lunch. I hear a truck come barreling down the driveway, drop something at my door and then take off again. What do I find but a package from valve sitting on my doorstep.

Seriously. Paronity you are one of the nicest people I have ever met. Always willing to put up with my constant questions as I learned my way around here. I don't know what I did to have you as a friend but I'm truly blessed to have met you.

Attached Images

• 1231161253.jpg

Paronity

Paronity

• Retired Staff
  • var Paronity = new Guru();

• 16,843 posts

You see @SaltySam, there is this little thing that I talk about a lot about called paying it forward. Perhaps you have heard of it? :P

(You can stop here if you want, the rest is just my thoughts and rants about life and why I did what I did here.... :P

In all seriousness. I have had so many things at GSN that have helped me in a mental capacity. I have been here damn near its inception and have loved (just about) every moment of it. I have had to step away from admin duties while I get "me" in order, which is slowly starting to happen (It's about damn time - the new office is finally underway and I can be back on my PC again....). I just like to give back to the community. What better way to do that than to give back to the people that make it? 

You are not a bad person yourself, either. :P You wouldn't be carrying the rank you are if you were. You are an integral cog of this complex clock that is a place that we all can call home. A place that people can come to relieve stress, instead of creating it. You take on <some> stress because you have to run things, make decisions, and craft the systems and the way we operate as a community. I went from a large pillar to a person that almost no one knows :P. This may have been the best thing for me to have done in my life, though. Without it, I would not have been able to start fixing "me". While those last two sentences may seem contradictory, I wanted to use them in the way that I did to further elaborate on the stresses that you take on, just by being a staff member. For that, I thank you, not me. 

Let's take a step back further though (and several of you might read something like this twice because my blog post tonight is going to mention some of this), I just love helping people. I don't care if they know I did it or not. I don't care if I get recognized (in fact, as a child I HATED adulation and would avoid it at all cost - I didn't know how to handle it). This is going to sound cheezy, but the response, expression, story, reaction, or outcome of my actions are payment in of itself. When I can make someone smile - victory. When I can make someone's terrible day "just bad" - victory. When I can be a set of ears for someone to vent to - vicotry. When I can give someone advice based on my trials and tribulations - victory. As I have been walking this path with anxiety and depression I have found myself wanting to help others even more than I did before. I <think> (I'm not a therapist or a psychiatrist) this is because I just enjoy seeing people happy. Literally, if I do something that makes a kid or adult alike smile, it warms my heart and makes me well up. I just love it so much. This coming from a person that used to show no emotions (I would link to an image of my emotions, but the post is archived and I don't have access to it anymore :P ). I can't explain it. I wish I could. The joy I get from doing it is greater than anything that could be done for me. 

Long story short, you deserved what you got. Everyone did and there are more people that do. Hell, in my book - everyone does and if I were rich, I would be doing just that. I have no will to be rich to have everything I ever wanted. I would be giving most of it away to make others happy. That's just me. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users