Photo

Name Origination

• Please log in to reply
140 replies to this topic

FaceEmbrace

FaceEmbrace
  • Inactive
  • 205 posts
Back in my high school days when we would make fun of people we would say "your face!" And there was a band I knew of at the time called Soul Embraced.

So I put the two together and came up with FaceEmbrace. Minus the d.

ghostn0te

ghostn0te
  • Forum Member
  • 7 posts
"ghost note" is a term used in music. It's the softer, almost non-existent notes you might here in a snare drum solo.. I used to play drums a lot growing up, and even gave drum lessons for a little bit. .....And I figured "eric" would be taken anywhere I tried to use it. ;)

PiGBeniS

PiGBeniS
  • Forum Member
  • Little Slatka

• 1,271 posts

Is this suggesting that I have two lesbian moms? :huh:

LOLOLLOLLOOOLOL you know when i finished typing that comment i realized it sounded like i was talking to You only but it was actually to everyone

PiGBeniS

PiGBeniS
  • Forum Member
  • Little Slatka

• 1,271 posts

About 15 years ago My brother thought "Nimbus" sounded cool

so he made it his username and once he went off to college and stopped gaming I inherited it

It is not a reference to Futurama harry potter or Dragonball Z :)

Nimbus is actually a type of cloud and when you first started gaming with us i assumed it was referring to the cloud because you usually were in a jet "making it rain" cuz thats exactly what a nimbus cloud does.

McP1sr

McP1sr
  • Inactive
  • 321 posts

Omnipotus:  For some reason, I thought it referred to the president (POTUS = president of the US), and that you were a huge Obama fan or something.  lol

First off, Robot, yes... BAD BAD ROBOT that ends alot of great shows I watch always has me thinking of you... Rorschachs even starting to say it since the mrs. never misses the chance to yell "BAD BAD WOOOOBOT" whenever it pops on.. haha

anywho.. mines kinda pathetic but whatever.. mine is a play on words... omnipotent = godlike while I'm furthest from godlike, infact i'm just a regular piece of shit person like the rest of the human race sooo I came up with Omnipotus..meaning... un-godlike... later down the road I found out their is a comic book character (The Tick) named Nigh-Omnipotus which sorta means the same thing, he was a giant god like being but was utterly pathetic and powerless haha... much like me....so ya.. I think quite highly of myself.. yep ... :D

McP1sr

McP1sr
  • Inactive
  • 321 posts

I've had my nickname since 1994, when I was ticketed for pissing on the drive-thru squakbox of a McDonalds.  McP1SR is leet for McPisser.  More of my real life friends call me McPisser than they do my real name (running club friends, google hash house harriers if you really want to understand why).  I even have MCP1SR personalized license plates.

mcp

MrMackeyMKayyy

MrMackeyMKayyy

• Forum Member
  • Drugs are Bad MKayyy...

• 3,416 posts

Well when I first started getting really into online competitive games I decided since I suck with anything related to computers I would role with f4t4l3rr0r (because I would manage and still do manage to fuck something as easy as un-hiding all my desktop icons which someoneeee not putting names out there.. TheGurth....

Well, after some time I realized that the name was incredibly ugly, so I decided to pick something from my favorite TV show! I decided to pick Mr. Mackey because you don't really see much of him but when you do get to it is always funny. Also, Mr. Mackey is a counselor which helps kids out but does it in a funny manner, I am much the same way. I love helping people out but a lot of the time I will do dumb shit just to be funny or because I have no idea what the hell I may be doing xD. Mr. Mackey is known for saying MKayyy after every single sentence that he says so I decided to slap that on the end because I think that it is funny when people have to type out my 14 character name. xD

Omnipotus

Omnipotus
  • Forum Member
  • SweetFX Guru

• 1,688 posts
Omnipotus:  For some reason, I thought it referred to the president (POTUS = president of the US), and that you were a huge Obama fan or something.  lol

That's the weirdest guess at my name I've ever heard haha..... also...  Romni - Omni... :D  just joking 

DonDiablo

DonDiablo

• Retired
  • 1,165 posts

oh well :P 

Stevie

Stevie
  • Banned
  • Banned

• 19 posts

At a friend's house when I was just a wee boy someone there couldn't remember my name so he said, "What's your name? Stevie?"

I corrected him, "No, it's Peter."

"Well I know you as Stevie now so I'm just going to call you that, alright?"
"Works for me."

Many years later I was over at an entirely different friends house that same person came in the door. The first thing he said, before I even recognized him, was "STEVIEEEE!"

So now I'm Stevie.

mopp

mopp
  • Forum Member
  • 271 posts

Get ready for what might be the most interesting story you have heard this decade!

Roughly 14 years ago(i was  around 9 or 10 years old) i was playing Age of Empires 1 on game spy.  At the time i had an arch nemesis named Lamp. I had it out for him because he owned me at archer wars every time I played him. To add salt to the wounds I loved his name. I loved how simple and random it was. I decided it was time too steal his style and retire the handle "wacko_jacko" and begin my quest for an equally random name. I walked around my house for a few minutes and came up with mopp.. It stuck... for the longest time i never had a problem with my user name being taken.

PS: There is 2 P's because at the time I didn't know how to spell Mop

CoMmOdUs

CoMmOdUs

• Forum Member
  • Raging master

• 537 posts

Ive had mine for almost 13 years! got it as an irc nick...haha! And my nick is commodus, NOT opeldude...i should get that changed on here! But most people call me commy online! And it is from the movie gladiator ;)

Edit: changed^^

esinen

esinen
  • Inactive
  • S.N.N

• 522 posts

started pc gaming about the time eminem came on the scene..

was playing counterstrike 1.3 and needed a gamername..

so eminem made a word using his initials M.M .. =   M'n'M.

so i did the same..my initials are S.N..

so S.N became S'n'N = esinen

now u know where it came from ,and how its meant to be said.

hopefully u lot will get it right now..lol :)

Stormborn

Stormborn
  • Retired
  • 394 posts
Mine started when I played one of my first FPS games at a LAN. I was playing SWAT and my character was named Storm. I thought that was a sweet name and then because its too common, when I started heavily playing CS (the original) when it came out I took the name stormborn. It was not common online at the time. I even got one of the original hotmail accounts in that name at the time as well. Still have it haha

Paronity

Paronity

• Forum Member
  • var Paronity = new Guru();

• 16,889 posts

Bumping this topic to get some of the noobs to weigh in here.  ;)

AVIDTIGERIAN

AVIDTIGERIAN
  • Dr. Cox lover

• 871 posts
When I first got into gaming I joined X box and they messed up my name to AVIDtigran. (Don't ask me how they did that) it was exposé to be tigerfan but whatever. I decided to change my name and my friend suggested AVIDTIGERIAN. It's original and I stuck with it that and some people have a hard time to pronounce it the first time.

powerfulnightowl

powerfulnightowl
  • Forum Member
  • 160 posts

My name is very powerful and i'm also an night owl in general. :)

Devils_knight

Devils_knight

• 1,096 posts
when i was young my mom told me i was too quite so i started using ghost. Online people would call me ghost dawg that stuck but never felt right! Decided i need to change to to something more me, my moms use to tell me i was the son of the devil and batman was and is my favorite hero.Huge fan of knights in armor. After thinking, I settled with devils_knight88 and used it to create my psn account and have used it for everything since.

Paronity

Paronity

• Forum Member
  • var Paronity = new Guru();

• 16,889 posts

Bumping for all da noobs. Pinned it as well. 

Machine Gun Preacher

Machine Gun Preacher
  • Forum Member
  • Yes, I know I post too much.

• 4,647 posts
Medal of Honor 2010 and Warfighter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users