FIXED

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

cara

cara
  • Community Member
  • 4 posts
Hi there

Unsure whether this is the right thread to post in, but this morning when I tried starting up paronicon it crashed. It opens up, but every time I start monitoring, it crashes and closes up. Any idea what the problem might be?

DAUFahnder

DAUFahnder
  • Community Member
  • 297 posts
I second that one... it seems as if P2 checks for updates and gets an answer which causes it to crash

Mr. Orange

Mr. Orange
  • Community Member
  • 48 posts
We're experiencing P2 crashes as well. Here's the event:

Application: Paronicon.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException
Stack:
   at System.Collections.ArrayList.get_Item(Int32)
   at Paronicon.logParser.runNow()
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

PunisheR

PunisheR
  • Community Member
  • 193 posts
Same here... Crashes on startup.

Paronity

Paronity

public Paronity = new Guru();

• Head Admin
  • 7,898 posts
P2 has had nothing change. I'm not sure what could be causing this. I can run it on my CoD server (the only server I have live) and it works just fine. Are we sure that GS logs aren't the issue? I'll fire up a black ops server and I'll do some research, but for this many people to be having the issue, I'm thinking it's not P2.

Granted, P2 <should> be able to handle this situation and not crash. It should alert you there is an issue with the logs and not crash.

DAUFahnder

DAUFahnder
  • Community Member
  • 297 posts
just looked at gs.com. The logurls are completely empty... wtf?

Paronity

Paronity

• Head Admin
  • 7,898 posts

just looked at gs.com. The logurls are completely empty... wtf?

That makes sense. P2 goes and gets everything the logURL throws at it and then splits it into an array. It's crashing when trying to grab the first element in that array (because it's empty). There should be some logic here to check for that. Can someone PM there info for testing so I can check for this situation while their servers are down? I would like to be able to get some exception code in to prevent the crash and intelligently tell you the log is misbehaving.

DAUFahnder

DAUFahnder
  • Community Member
  • 297 posts
you've got mail :)

Paronity

Paronity

• Head Admin
  • 7,898 posts
Ok. All done. Error handling for this is in place. It will be a bit before I Can push a release though.

There is nothing I can do about GS not having working lorURLs though. Has anyone put in a case with them to see what the hell is going on?

DAUFahnder

DAUFahnder
  • Community Member
  • 297 posts
I have an hour ago... and waiting for a response ;(

cara

cara
  • Community Member
  • 4 posts
I will do the same now, although I never have high hopes in them actually caring or doing something in all honesty.

bashman

bashman
  • Community Member
  • 23 posts
I requested another Log URL, that fixed the problem about 2 weeks b4 the hurricane hit. But, P2 worked for only about 15 secs. At least it looked like it was trying to work.

I looked at the logs... Nothing was in any of the normal text logs, but it did appear that the mp_text logs had loads of into. So I am guessing it's strictly an internal problem and GS will have to resolve

PunisheR

PunisheR
  • Community Member
  • 193 posts
Just recieved a email response from Gameservers.. Logs are back online. Tested and seems to be working fine now.

DAUFahnder

DAUFahnder
  • Community Member
  • 297 posts
yeah, working again... hate it when they have problems and wont tell anybody about it ;(

cara

cara
  • Community Member
  • 4 posts
Yeah back up and running :D

Paronity

Paronity

• Head Admin
  • 7,898 posts
Glad everyone is back up and running. Sorry Paronicon was crashing instead of handling the situation, but the next release will have some code in there to help determine the issue. Keeping this open and renaming to track the code.

genas1de

genas1de
  • Community Member
  • 16 posts
hi all, I'm getting the same crashing but my log url seems valid (well it shows a log if i put it in a browser). I'm running on win2k3 server if that has any impact. Just had a look in the application event log and I've got a few .Net 4 errors. Here are this mornings....

EventType clr20r3, P1 paronicon.exe, P2 0.2.1.0, P3 508fec9a, P4 mscorlib, P5 4.0.0.0, P6 4ee9af8e, P7 44e7, P8 3b, P9 system.argumentexception, P10 NIL.
For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Exception Info: System.ArgumentException
Stack:
   at System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission.HasIllegalCharacters(System.String[])
   at System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission.AddPathList(System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermissionAccess, System.Security.AccessControl.AccessControlActions, System.String[], Boolean, Boolean, Boolean)
   at System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission..ctor(System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermissionAccess, System.Security.AccessControl.AccessControlActions, System.String[], Boolean, Boolean)
   at System.IO.FileStream.Init(System.String, System.IO.FileMode, System.IO.FileAccess, Int32, Boolean, System.IO.FileShare, Int32, System.IO.FileOptions, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES, System.String, Boolean, Boolean)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(System.String, System.IO.FileMode, System.IO.FileAccess, System.IO.FileShare, Int32, System.IO.FileOptions)
   at System.IO.StreamWriter.CreateFile(System.String, Boolean)
   at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(System.String, Boolean, System.Text.Encoding, Int32)
   at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(System.String, Boolean)
   at Paronicon.commandManager.Run()
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(System.Object)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)

For more information, see Help and Support Center at

EventType clr20r3, P1 paronicon.exe, P2 0.2.1.0, P3 508fec9a, P4 mscorlib, P5 4.0.0.0, P6 4ee9af8e, P7 44e7, P8 3b, P9 system.argumentexception, P10 NIL.
For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Paronity

Paronity

• Head Admin
  • 7,898 posts

hi all, I'm getting the same crashing but my log url seems valid (well it shows a log if i put it in a browser). I'm running on win2k3 server if that has any impact. Just had a look in the application event log and I've got a few .Net 4 errors. Here are this mornings....

Exception Info: System.ArgumentException
Stack:
   at System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission.HasIllegalCharacters(System.String[])
   at System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission.AddPathList(System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermissionAccess, System.Security.AccessControl.AccessControlActions, System.String[], Boolean, Boolean, Boolean)
   at System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission..ctor(System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermissionAccess, System.Security.AccessControl.AccessControlActions, System.String[], Boolean, Boolean)
   at System.IO.FileStream.Init(System.String, System.IO.FileMode, System.IO.FileAccess, Int32, Boolean, System.IO.FileShare, Int32, System.IO.FileOptions, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES, System.String, Boolean, Boolean)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(System.String, System.IO.FileMode, System.IO.FileAccess, System.IO.FileShare, Int32, System.IO.FileOptions)
   at System.IO.StreamWriter.CreateFile(System.String, Boolean)
   at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(System.String, Boolean, System.Text.Encoding, Int32)
   at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(System.String, Boolean)
   at Paronicon.commandManager.Run()
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(System.Object)

For more information, see Help and Support Center at

If you don't believe your logURL is bad, please don't post a new issue in an old topic. Post it in a new topic.

It would appear that it is having issues starting the log files for the server. When you post a new topic. please include the full name of your server.

Paronity

Paronity

• Head Admin
  • 7,898 posts

Released in 0.2.2.0.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users