Photo

AC: Black flag ac4bfsp.exe has stopped working

Best Answer dave_304, December 12, 2017

i'm going to put a hold on this topic, it just magically started working when i was opening it to create a log.... so yeah hoping it continues to work

Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

dave_304

dave_304

• 3 posts
Operating System: Windows 10
App/Game Name: AC: Black Flag
Error Code/Message: ac4bfsp.exe has stopped working

So, downloaded Black Flag since it is free to download this week, immediately upon startup it crashes every time. I see the background loading screen for 1-2 seconds and it crashes and says ac4bfsp.exe has stopped working. 

Currently have tried the following:

-Restarted PC

-verified files

-deleted dlc_# folders

-deleted save game folders (not that there were any saved games present)

-redownloaded and reinstalled

-tried to open through admin and with each different windows compatibility modes

-searched google and found no fixes that worked and many others complaining of not finding fixes

My setup:

- i7 - 7700k

- MSI Geforce GTX 1080 6gb

- 16gb kingston hyper fury x ddr-4

- windows 10 home 64 bit

- this build is less than a month old and has only a few games installed, hardly anything else, and have had zero other issues with it

SaltySam

SaltySam

• Staff
  • Chief Executive Salt Bringer

• 2,799 posts

When the game crashes, is it showing anything in Windows Event viewer ? Also, in the geforce experience are there optimized settings you can enable for the game prior to launching?

Also, check out this thread Paronity made about forcing the problem program to create a .dmp file when it crashes: http://gsngaming.com...-dump-on-crash/

The contents of a .dmp file could give us some more information on how to diagnose this issue.

dave_304

dave_304

• 3 posts
✓  Best Answer

i'm going to put a hold on this topic, it just magically started working when i was opening it to create a log.... so yeah hoping it continues to work

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users