Discord   |   Play games and chat with our PC gaming community in Discord.
Launch Discord  
Photo

TwitchCon 2017 Long Beach

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

Blackwrath5150

Blackwrath5150

• 25 posts
Attached File  db_file_img_2518_600xauto.png   213.8KB   0 downloads

Hey guys!

With TwitchCon only being a couple months away I wanted to create this event to better coordinate with everyone who is planning to go.  I'm excited to say this will be my first time attending and can't wait to meet all you awesome peeps!  Seeing how this year will be in my hometown I also wanted to help recommend places to check out such as restaurants and bars that would be worthwhile to go to during everyone's visit.

As for the convention itself the schedule is available in full Here

Here's a general breakdown of the hours for the weekend:

Badge Pickup
  • Thursday 10/19: 2 PM - 8 PM
  • Friday 10/20: 9 AM - 7 PM
  • Saturday 10/21: 10 AM - 8 PM
  • Sunday 10/22: 10 AM - 4 PM
TwitchCon Hours
  • Friday 10/20: 12 PM - 11 PM
  • Saturday 10/21: 12 PM - 9 PM
  • Sunday 10/22: 11 AM - 6 PM
Expo Floor Hours
  • Friday 10/20: 1 PM - 8 PM
  • Saturday 10/21: 12 PM - 8 PM
  • Sunday 10/22: 11 AM - 6 PM

Attached File  DEjixmSVwAAw6hS.jpg   70.05KB   0 downloads

For those of you who have the three day and Saturday pass to TwitchCon this year will have FREE admission to the party Saturday night being held at the Queen Mary: Dark Harbor!  More info can be read Here

I would assume we would want to attend this so this can take up Saturday evening although with SO much time and such little to see we could always resort to the local night life in the city!  Which brings me to...

Night Life in the City

Below is a list of my top recommended places in the area that would be great for the group to hang out and knock back a few brews with!

Friday

This night would be a perfect time to get away from the crowds that would undoubtedly be flooding the local bars of Long Beach since this would be the end of the first night of the convention.  Los Angeles is a mecca of different districts and scenes combining all walks of life that this world has to offer and would be a great opportunity to take advantage and visit more towards downtown after the festivities of the day.

Attached File  maxresdefault.jpg   173.55KB   0 downloads

The Arts District will be a great first night outing for a wide variety of places to eat, drink and play games.  Because let's face it: this is TwitchCon it would'nt be complete without games!  This area is located just East of Downtown Los Angeles in Little Tokyo which is about a 20 minute drive north of the convention center.  Once you're here, everything is in walking distance of each other!

Angel City Brewery

Attached File  Angel-City-Brewery-620x400.jpg   76.96KB   0 downloads

This brewery has a great selection of beers that vary from light Belgians to your choice of IPAs.  It has a huge open area with various board games open for taking and multiple places for corn-hole games!  The area is very laid back with a space great for any larger group.

Wurstkuche

Attached File  566034635.jpg   347.33KB   0 downloads

This hot dog joint is no place for you who say it's a sandwich!!!  You'll find an array of different type of meats here ranging from classic Bratwursts to exotic flavors like Rattlesnake, rabbit and duck.  Did I mention they have great beer here too?

Villain's Tavern

Attached File  maxresdefault (1).jpg   68.12KB   0 downloads

Always a good time at this location with their full bar and live bands that play each night.  There's never a cover here and if you like Old Fashioneds like I do then this will be the place to go for great COCKtails. 

Eighty-Two

Attached File  348s.jpg   21.04KB   0 downloads

Sure to be the crowd pleaser, Eighty-Two brings you back to the 1980's arcade and pinball scene with their collection of over 50 machines in this venue!  If you're wanting that high cocktain gameplay but too far from your PC or console be sure to bring your roll of quarters here.  While waiting for your drink you can watch overhead of the bar live projections of people duking it out on Street Fighter 2 and some battling aliens in Galaga.  This is not your neighborhood D&B...the ambiance  is like none other!

Saturday

For the second night Twitch has already planned for those who have passes to be able to go to the Queen Mary's Dark Harbor.  This is essentially a a maze attraction based around the Queen Mary boat off the harbor of Long Beach and would be a great place for those who may not be able to go out the previous night to hang out here as I'm sure most people will attend this night event.

If you guys decide that you've seen everything and you want go out again this would probably be the best time to visit the local bars of Long Beach as the foot traffic may not be packed as Friday since majority of the crowd would be at the Queen Mary.

Here are a couple other suggestions that are nearby the LBC area:

Ballast Point

Attached File  ballast-point-long-beach-web.jpg   90.45KB   0 downloads

This one's for you Jimmy(themid1Beer)! This brewery is located right on the water and has a huge area to hangout at and have some easy eats to share over.  Perfect for large groups.

The Blind Donkey

Attached File  image.jpg   51.27KB   0 downloads

One of my favorite local spots: this basement bar has some really good craft cocktails with usually some obscure movies playing in the background.  Darts, pool table, and a couple arcade games in the corner to have a drink over!

I hope this was a useful insight to the city and maybe get the conversation started about what we might want to do as I'm sure there's going to many events during the actual convention we each may want to attend, look forward to the event!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users