Discord   |   Play games and chat with our PC gaming community in Discord.
Launch Discord  
Photo

My first PC Build!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

SpMino

SpMino
  • Forum Member
  • 5 posts

Just before anything else, want to apologise for the shocking cable management, it was my first time building a PC and I was just too excited to get everything up and running so cable management became kind of a mess. Anyhow the breakdown of my system is as follows.

Case: Thermaltake Black Core V51 Mid Tower

Power Supply: Thermaltake Toughpower 750W 80+ Gold

Motherboard: Asus STRIX Z270E Gaming

CPU: Intel i7 7700K 4.2 GHz (OC to 5.0 GHz)

CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper D92

Storage: Kingston 240GB SSD | WD 2TB HDD

GPU: ASUS STRIX GTX 1070 OC Edition

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 2400MHz (8GBx2)

It's my first build so I'm quite proud of it, and I feel as though I spent a decent amount of cash on it so that I'll be able to play games on decent graphics settings for the foreseeable future. Let me know what you guys think or if there's anything you feel like I skimped on that I should've paid more attention to, no such thing as bad feedback!

Attached Images

• 20170310_231425.jpg
  • 20170310_231455.jpg
  • 20170311_052832.jpg
  • 20170311_052913.jpg

SaltySam

SaltySam

• Staff
  • Resident Ark Dood

• 2,740 posts

Solid build sheet! Definitely a great base to build off of for the next few years. I was in the same boat a little over 3 years ago so no worries on rushing to get it up and running before hiding all those cables away. There's always time for that.

The only thing I noticed is that you mounted the CPU radiator facing up, it's not a huge deal because you have the open mesh above, but if you were to face it to blow towards the back of the case, the exhaust fan for the case would help to pull that hot air out of the case. The only reason I mention that is because you said you did overclock. So if you start seeing some higher ambient case temperatures at load, you may want to try either adding some exhaust fans to the top of the case or just turnings the cooler to face to the back.

Other then that great build and thanks for posting!

SpMino

SpMino
  • Forum Member
  • 5 posts

Awesome thanks! Yeah, I was actually thinking that was odd when I was looking at everyone else's builds here on the forums, it makes sense now why they all face towards the fan. I'll definitely be installing some fans along the top of the case to help with airflow but I kinda wish I mounted it to the side now haha. Thanks for pointing that out, might've saved me some future dilemmas. :)

Bones

Bones

• Forum Member
  • Bones....

• 261 posts

Nice build :)

Berez-21

Berez-21
  • Recruit
  • 70 posts

Nice build man 

CapN