Discord   |   Play games and chat with our PC gaming community in Discord.
Launch Discord  
Photo

Gaming Podcast

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

timoflegends

timoflegends
  • Forum Member
  • 13 posts

I know this is a real shot in the dark, but would anyone be interesting in partaking in a gaming podcast? Its literally on the ground yet, so nothing is formalized and i don't even have a clear idea of exactly what it would be. But i'm very passionate about gaming and discussing games/gaming news so i am curious if anyone would be interesting in being part of this.

Naaackers

Naaackers

• OTS FPR TJE LODS

• 6,903 posts

As someone who has been podcasting for over two years in the gaming/streaming field, let me offer one piece of advice. 

Don't start a brand new podcast with someone you don't know very well. I know having a really good friend who is passionate about the same things you are is difficult, but I would advise to try and build a good relationship with someone before jumping through these hoops. Running a podcast is work, and you want to be able to rely on the other person as they should be able to rely on you. If you start something new with someone, and it doesn't work out, the podcast will be off to a rocky start. You want to be able to start strong!

At the same time though, don't spend FOREVER looking for someone to do a podcast with. If you wanna do it, JUST DO IT.

Hope you find what works!

timoflegends

timoflegends
  • Forum Member
  • 13 posts

As someone who has been podcasting for over two years in the gaming/streaming field, let me offer one piece of advice. 

Don't start a brand new podcast with someone you don't know very well. I know having a really good friend who is passionate about the same things you are is difficult, but I would advise to try and build a good relationship with someone before jumping through these hoops. Running a podcast is work, and you want to be able to rely on the other person as they should be able to rely on you. If you start something new with someone, and it doesn't work out, the podcast will be off to a rocky start. You want to be able to start strong!

At the same time though, don't spend FOREVER looking for someone to do a podcast with. If you wanna do it, JUST DO IT.

Hope you find what works!

That's really great advice, i think that's kinda the spot i'm in at the moment, personal friends haven't been interested and well i just kinda feel stuck as i feel a one person podcast wouldn't be too entertaining. 

Gurthyy

Gurthyy
  • Forum Member
  • 1,014 posts

That's really great advice, i think that's kinda the spot i'm in at the moment, personal friends haven't been interested and well i just kinda feel stuck as i feel a one person podcast wouldn't be too entertaining. 

I dont listen to as many podcasts as I used to, but I listened to quite a few football ones during the season that was just one person. The biggest advice I can give you as a novice listener is to just remember to have fun. Be the biggest version of yourself that you can be, and really let the listener feel your passion. The listener can tell if you really care about something, or if you're just saying it hoping it brings about more fans. Be true to how you feel and love, and you'll be solid.

PS this comes from a guy who has never attempted to do anything like this, so I could be 120% wrong. lolol. Just my 2 cents.

timoflegends

timoflegends
  • Forum Member
  • 13 posts

hey man i appreciate any advice i can get, also where should it be posted? to youtube? or elsewhere sorry for the 100 questions haha.

Naaackers

Naaackers

• OTS FPR TJE LODS

• 6,903 posts

hey man i appreciate any advice i can get, also where should it be posted? to youtube? or elsewhere sorry for the 100 questions haha.

If you're gonna do a podcast, i think it's a must to get it up on iTunes. Anything above that is just additional. I'd say YouTube is a great place (if you're doing a video portion of the show). 

Because my podcast is a live, video talk show - we air it on Twitch. So there is a video stored on Twitch. But, because playback on Twitch can be cumbersome, I also push that highlight to YouTube, since it's light weight and easy to watch on lower bandwidth connections, including mobile. For the people who want a hard copy of the audio, I upload the audio to iTunes so people can use whatever mobile/web app they want to download a copy and listen when they want. 

But at a bare minimum, get your podcast audio to iTunes. 

SpeedDemon

SpeedDemon
  • Staff
  • I AM THE MILKMAN!! MY MILK IS DELICIOUS!!

• 442 posts

Listen to any advice nackers has to give you. He has been doing this for a few years now.

Try not to put to much focus on if you're being entertaining or not.Your Audience will notice if you are trying to hard. Just like gurthy said , Find something you are knowledgeable and passionate about. That will be super easy to do and maybe you will come along someone with the same knowledge and passion as you do. Then there is your second guy that can help you with the podcast.

When you do start your podcast remember to let everything happen naturally. Don't be to stressed with how many listeners you have . it takes time to build an audience especially an audience that keeps coming back.  Believe me, if you do all that you will have fun and you will make some great friends along the way.

Doug_Noir77

Doug_Noir77
  • Forum Member
  • 8 posts

I agree with the above posts. Also, I'd add, listen to a wiiiide range of exisiting gaming podcasts. What do you like best? What do you think they are doing wrong? Why would people want to listen to your show rather than theirs? All these questions are a good way of starting out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users