Discord   |   Play games and chat with our PC gaming community in Discord.
Launch Discord  
Photo

Conan Server Check-In

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

SaltySam

SaltySam

• Staff
  • Resident Ark Dood

• 2,743 posts

Hey Exiles!

Just wanted to make up a post to check in with everyone to see what everyone thought of the current server settings/rules/etc and to also address some of the concerns that I have heard from players on the server.

So first off, thank the almighty Yog that the server's performance has stabilized and allowed all of us to actually get online and play together finally! Seems that the configs and the restarts(mostly from the frequency of patches) has led us to a spot where (correct me if I'm wrong here) we aren't seeing any dips in performance besides the obvious plethora of bugs/glitches known to the game devs and that's pretty awesome!

Secondly, I have been hearing a good amount of people saying that there are tons of structures both in the starter area and around the map that are unused and I will be getting with some of the other admins and starting to wrangle those structures in and delete them as we find them being left dormant for long periods of time. This game doesn't log player joins currently and it would be almost impossible for us to implement something to do this that is accurate to the players since this is a hosted game server and not a dedicated server with a VM running the server. SO if you see these structures, take  a screenshot of the map where they are and either post it here or just shoot me a PM in discord and I will check em out and get rid of those that are just taking up space and not being used.

Third, I would like to amend the rules just a bit to clarify some things related to blocking resources/overbuilding. There will be a rule added that no one can build where there are important resources being blocked by buildings. That applies to anything important/scarce(i.e. iron, Story NPCs, NPC camps, etc)

This map is large, but there are a good amount of people building and trying to find new areas to move as they progress through the game. We all started in the SE and have moved North and West as we progress. Now for the GSN survival/crafting veterans, it is fairly understood that if you are concentrating your efforts in one area, you don't leave unused buildings/bases dormant as that may be a spot that a newer/less active player would like to build. This doesn't necessarily pertain to small outposts in the middle of nowhere like we have out by the village in the west, but if there are clans with 4 or 5 large bases dotted around the map, eventually no new players will be able to build and explore those areas and will leave the server to find servers where those areas are accessible. I don't want to put a hard number on the amount of bases that players have, but I would like to add a rule that we be mindful of other players(both new to the server and old) and tear down anything you aren't using to leave as much of the map open as possible so we can all move around and build in areas new to us without being tormented by dead bases claiming land that could otherwise be used by other players. So I ask that each clan on the server do a check-in with their current real estate portfolio and maybe try to cull the list to a couple instead of a dozen. This rule would help ALL of the players on the server and give the people new to the server more options as they progress from the desert into the mountains.

As always, I would like to hear any and all opinions from our players pertaining to possible additions to the ruleset, possible changes in the server settings, performance issues, etc. Just post below with what you think of my suggestions and also anything you would like to see changed!

Thanks for all the input and carry on!

Bourbon

Bourbon
  • 607 posts
I know this is early, but one tiny mod that wouldn't be overpowered, but offer a sizeable QOL improvement would be a stack size mod, not to raise max stack size past 100, but raise certain items to stack to 100 (I'm looking at you sulfur, meat, and health pots).

Searelia

Searelia

• 103 posts

Great post!
I would like to se that when you make and outpost for getting Thralls, that base/outpost should not be like a big base. Just make a smaller thing for your wheel, bed, few boxes to store stuff in more or less.
We are alot of people that would like to get Thralls from diffrent sides of the map and traveling with Thralls can be a harsh and deadly road. So all should be able to make smaller outposts at the good place for those Thrall spawns ofc. And if all is making a big base as an outpost with shrines, Archers and what not then in the end there will be only a few people that will be able to build there and even less depending on spawns. 

I would like to point out that just becouse your in the same tribe dose not mean you have to shere base. You are alowed to have your own base to build in. We are alot of people that love to build and some of uss (me included) tend to do a big building or have tons of animals/Thralls and so on and so forth. Witch is totaly allowed ofc. But if you love to build then dont just make a new base, upgrade your current one, rebuild it, or maby move if you find a better location. If you move demolish what you left behind. 

I would also like to se timers on Thralls extended so we can keep em knocked out for longer then the current 5 min. That would also make its alot easyer on the Thrall taking since that would mean less people would have to build outposts just for thralls. 

S.T.T.F

S.T.T.F
  • Recruit
  • 10 posts

It sounds all good mate and i agree with the added rules.

And yes, the server performance is alot better and connection is stable. I bet your happy that you actually get to enjoy the game now aswell now that you dont have to be a technical support 24/7 ;)

The only thing i would like to have changed, or well rather added to the server is the mod: Increased damage reduction for Shields / weapons / tools

http://steamcommunit...s/?id=865336788

Sure, you can bring some leather and bars to repair the items, but they still break down way to fast imo.

Wikken

Wikken
  • Constructor Extraordinaire

• 18 posts

i agree, also a few patches ago they introduced the npc  range where you can't build near them, but that did not take into effect if you had already built there. if you see npc camps that are not re spawning you have built too close or someone else has. Just an headsu

Bourbon

Bourbon
  • 607 posts
@S.T.T.F. gotta get those thralls with exceptional and flawless recipes lol.... I think durability is fine in most cases as you can really fill your inventory several times over before breaking steel tools.... One potential hazard is if the shield durability applies to npcs it could make shielded npc warriors almost impossible to kill.

Groupal

Groupal
  • Forum Member
  • 10 posts

Yeah, I believe when I moved my little crafting building farther away from the NW city the NPCs started spawning again in that area.  The respawn radius for NPCs seems to be much different (larger) then the no build radius or the respawn radius for trees and rocks/iron.  Trees and rocks were respawning near my base, but NPCs that should have spawned in the distant horizon were being blocked.

I don't know what that was about because I have a small outpost near the pirate ship that is a lot closer to a small NPC camp and they respawn just fine.

Maybe it just had to do with some location information for my base during and update that messed things up and once I destroyed it things opened up.

Right now I have a couple bases at the following locations:

1 Large Base in the middle of the map in the G4 area

1 Medium Crafting/Trall base in the NW in the C6 area 

1 hut up on a hill in the south with a bed and a box in the G2 area, this JIC I'm helping people in the south I have a place to bind my respawn point for when I eventually walk off a cliff.  I can destroy this now that I've added people to my clan, they have larger bases in the south that I can use.

1 small house and wheel North of the Pirate Ship for capturing Thrall up there.

I made sure that when I built my places there was no other bases in eye site of these, but if someone find they want to build here, I have no issues moving stuff around, though I'd rather not kill off the first 2 bases, I've put a lot of time into those. I also don't have any Fencing or walls up to block people out, so feel free to come on in. I've taken down ALL my non crafting NPCs at all my bases. Fighter/Archer NPC's are a pain to everyone else if you are in an area that people have to walk through to get to stuff (Story NPCs etc).  

-G

Edited by Groupal, February 21, 2017.

Siadina

Siadina
  • Forum Member
  • 3 posts

It looks like I have built too close to a thrall camp at the top of the central plateau, I am currently experimenting with pulling down parts of my base to get a respawn on that location.

Update:

The Thrall camp is spawning again. 

Edited by Siadina, March 04, 2017.

Siadina

Siadina
  • Forum Member
  • 3 posts

Why did someone change the craft and harvest XP multiplier to 10.0... ? 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users