Discord   |   Play games and chat with our PC gaming community in Discord.
Launch Discord  
Photo

New Years Resolutions

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

TrackPadGaming

TrackPadGaming

• The King of Stupid

• 202 posts

Study's show that by announcing your resolutions to friends and family you are significantly more likely to follow through with it. So I figured that I would start a topic for people to share their resolutions if they want to. Personally I have always wanted to run a marathon, so my resolution is to be able to run a marathon by the end of the year.

Paronity

Paronity

• Forum Member
  • var Paronity = new Guru();

• 16,885 posts

Interesting idea for a post. :)

I have many smaller resolutions, rather than setting unrealistic ones (like most do). I also have them "staggered" a bit so as to be able to do them in steps, instead of changing lifestyles completely at once.

Reduce Sugar Intake Again

1. Stop drinking Mt Dew Black Label
  2. Stop drinking sweet tea
  3. Start introducing water into my daily beverages (I currently HATE water)
  4. Stop drinking pop altogether

Get Back to Gaming and being a part of the community

1. Use my new found financial stability to build/complete my new office.
  2. Set a schedule for my work that is consistent to allow for more "free time"
  3. Begin gaming and hanging with my virtual friends more. 

Get out of the house and hang with real friends (I am currently unable to travel far from home - agoraphobia)

1. Start meeting with friends for lunch at local restaurants
  2. Stretch my comfort zone with each meeting. 
  3. Start going to longer endeavors (movies, hanging out at their house, playing cards). 
  4. Make it to a GSN gaming event. (This is a tricky one - but one that I REALLY hope I make).

I think that about does it. It seems like a lot when looking at it, but with the "step program" that I have built, I feel that all of these are 100% obtainable and completable as well as being able to be permanent. 

Here is to 2017! Good luck everyone!

Naaackers

Naaackers

• OTS FPR TJE LODS

• 6,903 posts

Eat better. Exercise. Cut out toxicity in every day life. Treat people better and be nicer, stop judging people before getting to know them. Hold my tongue more. Focus on my hobbies and skills and work to improve them. Help friends and family better themselves. Get partnered on Twitch. Raise money for charity. Pay off 2 credit cards and never use them again. 

Tricky511

Tricky511
  • Forum Member
  • 6 posts

Work on my fitness again, I slacked at the end of last year. Eat better less junk food. Make better quality content on YouTube and work to getting 1000 subs. Look at getting into Twitch again. Make new friends, keep new friends. And have a glorious year.

Devils_knight

Devils_knight

• 1,094 posts

Dont usually do them but i guess this year it will be get ready for a new addition to the family, and find a new place to live

Mdude™

Mdude™
  • Kherune was here

• 1,412 posts

Start working off the pounds I put on in college... :D

ApexSpartan

ApexSpartan
  • Forum Member
  • One and Only

• 12 posts

Hmmm, I'm very skeptical of new years resolution...

I put up some goals, but my goals/plans always end up changing - influenced just generally by my life.

So far I don't have any huge new year resolutions, but I wanna get off a few pounds I've earned last couple of months. Hell, I can even see my belly a little bit, if I stick it out hard lol

Thankfully it's not huge, but if I keep on doing nothing about it, it will grow so...

I guess for now  that's a priority. 

CapN

CapN

• Retired
  • Shipshape and Shipfaced!

• 2,444 posts
Mine is to not buy early access games or preorder anything haha :P

AVIDTIGERIAN

AVIDTIGERIAN
  • Dr. Cox lover

• 871 posts

To be a lot more healthy and lose some weight

Muuvie

Muuvie

• Forum Member
  • I Like Turtles

• 1,323 posts
  • A&P License
  • C License in skydiving
  • Instrument/Commercial addons for flying
  • Get back to my Marine Corps weight  :D

Figure if I stack em, better chance I'll get at least one done.  :D

Dustles

Dustles
  • Thee Wild Card

• 350 posts

Same.gif

goodbowler200

goodbowler200
  • 31 posts

I am gonna quit smoking once and for all this year so i can save some money up to get a few new things for my computer.

Snipetrocity

Snipetrocity
  • Banned
  • Banned

• 14 posts

my new year resolutions are 2560x1440 (native) benQ jk lol

1. Going to start working out and start exercising again. I was 290pounds and got down to 175pounds. I was supply happy and was proud but I stop and now I'm 245pounds :(. This summer after the winter time, I'm going to set up some exercise stuff and start working out hardcore.

2. Going to go out and find that special someone, Gamer ( A Girl / Woman ). I'm 32 and hoping I can find that special someone. Trying about 3 dating sights and I get nothing. POF.com, Videogamedatingsight.com & tender. I did start out with eharmony free account but you can do so much with it. 

Horridus

Horridus
  • Forum Member
  • 21 posts

My new years resolution is to try and finally go to an event outside of Canada. Sarah and I have been talking about it for almost 5 years now so we just need to DO IT! Not sure what though maybe Blizzcon.

Berez-21

Berez-21
  • Recruit
  • 70 posts

go to the gym and get a job plain and simple 

Paronity

Paronity

• Forum Member
  • var Paronity = new Guru();

• 16,885 posts

my new year resolutions are 2560x1440 (native) benQ jk lol

Off topic, but I got this shirt for Christmas:

KiGBnMIv.png

PacidGames

PacidGames
  • Forum Member
  • The voices in my head said they like you.

• 16 posts

Hmm good topic. I don't think I have any NY resolutions. If I had to give a list of things I want to do this year it would have to be as follows

** The 6 month plan

* Drop a couple of tons ( which is what I've been doing so that's already a start)

* Continue to grow as a content creator and designer in SL. 

* Continue to grow as a good quality streamer in Twitch and help my channel to grow. 

* Help my friends that are trying to grow their channels. 

** The 12 month plan. 

* Get back to the states before December 2017 (Not sure if I want to go back to the East Coast, or head West.. all the good events seem to happen out that way.)

* Start up my own business once I get back to the states

* Take over the world, yaddaa yaddaa yaddaa  you know the drill.  

Ok that last one was a throw in, but ok I will take it too. 

Blackwrath5150

Blackwrath5150

• 25 posts
My main goal is to start taking daily vitamins; B, C, D, Magnesium. Something that isn't too difficult but something I know I slack at. I run a lot as it is but never really took the time to take in the basics. To get the ball rolling I made an appointment to get blood work done to see what I may be deficient in.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users