Discord   |   Play games and chat with our PC gaming community in Discord.
Launch Discord  
Photo

Space's Telescope Pictures

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

SpaceCoder

SpaceCoder

• Do as I say, not as I do.

• 1,191 posts

So if you could not tell already I am a huge Astronomy nerd and recently my astronomy teacher lent me one of the school's Newtonian Telescopes so over the last few nights I have been playing around with it and looking at the night sky. Anyways here are some pictures that I took over the last few nights on my phone. Also, I have posted a link to the Google Drive Folder below for anyone who is interested in seeing all the pictures or for anyone who just wants some new wallpaper for their desktop or phone.

Ndc3Zzz.jpg

WLLUCH4.jpg

AZxqy1X.jpg

iFtvf7Z.jpg

K5gI2iJ.jpg

All the pictures are upside down because how light reflects in the telescope, I am currently working on correcting them and those corrections will be in the Google Drive. I am hoping to get pictures of stars and planets soon but I need to figure out how to do long exposure shots on my phone and I need to set up the tracking mode on the telescope before I can do that.

Google Drive Link

Hopefully, I can get even better pictures soon and I hope I didn't bore you too much :)

See you around,

SpaceCoder

CapN

CapN

• Retired
  • Shipshape and Shipfaced!

• 2,444 posts

wow those pics came out pretty badass! thanks for sharing!

MRVANSMAN

MRVANSMAN
  • Aye lmao

• 388 posts

So you took these, good lord dude that's incredible! 

Blackatman

Blackatman
  • Forum Member
  • 6 posts

Wow, great! Man. You did a good job, these are awesome. I guess, it would feels excited to have a telescope in house.

Have a great time with it, and share more!

Paronity

Paronity

• Forum Member
  • var Paronity = new Guru();

• 16,885 posts

Great shots. I can honestly say that's an area that I've never "toyed" with.

If you don't mind me asking, can you give us a low down on the camera and telescope you are using for these? What kind of cost goes into a scope like what is in your picture that you are using, is it like an all-in-one kinda thing?  

M2THE49

M2THE49

• Retired
  • 5,410 posts

This is amazing! I've always been fascinated with space myself! I'm so jealous!

SpaceCoder

SpaceCoder

• 1,191 posts

Great shots. I can honestly say that's an area that I've never "toyed" with.

If you don't mind me asking, can you give us a low down on the camera and telescope you are using for these? What kind of cost goes into a scope like what is in your picture that you are using, is it like an all-in-one kinda thing?

Because the telescope isnt mine (its the schools) i do not know what the exact price of it woule be, but i want to say it has to be at least 300 with the tracking unit and the lens my teacher let me borrow. The camera is just my Samsung galaxy s7's camera put up the the eye piece and it works very well as you can tell. It did take some fine tuning with the lens focus and the phones settings to get these pictures and i know i can make it even better, but that is my current setup. I wish i could give more details but since i didnt buy the scope i dont know what came with it or what was added on by my teacher. Hope this helps and let me know if u have any more questions.

BadBadRobot

BadBadRobot

• Staff
  • I can do this ALL DAY

• 10,770 posts

Fantastic photos Space! That is a badass telescope and you can really see the detail of the surface. Plz keep posting more :D

Space to me is absolutely terrifying but fascinating. 

SpaceCoder

SpaceCoder

• 1,191 posts

I created a Snapchat account and Instagram today for my astronomy pictures, if you guys are interested, add me to see my observation pictures. I will keep posting here but not as much as those accounts.

Snapchat: https://www.snapchat...deans_astronomy

Instagram: https://www.instagra...deans_astronomy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users