Photo

CLOSED: Ark Cluster Server Migration and Poll

ark poll scorched earth server migration cluster

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

Poll: Which map do you want to travel to in Ark? (11 member(s) have cast votes)

Choose a map!

1. The Island (8 votes [72.73%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 72.73%

2. The Center (3 votes [27.27%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 27.27%

3. Valhalla (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote

SaltySam

SaltySam

• Staff
  • Chief Executive Salt Bringer

• 2,799 posts

Hey everyone,

First off this is an update as I have been chatting with the Ark server host that we use about how we could integrate our current server setup into forming the cluster servers that the Scorched Earth DLC update allows and what we would have to do, what files we could migrate, etc.

SO in order to make this happen the basic steps would be to terminate both servers(I will have backups on top of backups ahead of time). The hosts would then start two brand new servers and migrate our Scorched Earth files so nothing would be lost on that end. So the only thing that would change on that server would most likely be the IP address. The other server would be a fresh wipe from the heavily modded version we have now to match the mods from Scorched Earth(refrigerated troughs, spyglass) and matching config changes(taming rates, gathering rates, etc).

The only variable that is left is something that I want all of you to decide and that is which map would you most like to have as a cluster server? The options are The Island, The Center, or Valhalla.

Although I do believe we could set up any modded map as a cluster map, with the functionality being brand new to me I would rather use a map that is fully integrated and proven to work within our community and also quite importantly with our server hosting/admin tools/controls. We could always change the map later if something comes along that we are interested in.

If you have any questions feel free to post below and I will answer them or get them answered by the server hosting folks. As soon as we feel like we got it all figured out I will close this poll and get to work on the cluster integration stuff! 

Thanks to everyone for continuing to support our servers and our community.  It really makes all the behind-the-scenes work quite fulfilling and I continue to be amazed by our Ark faithful everyday ;)

Searelia

Searelia

• 103 posts

My vote atm is landed on center. But it is more a 50/50 vote center/iland for me atm. I have not played iland that much so ofc its new and exiting for me. But in the end im easy.

I think im sure where i would like to live as well on both maps. :)

Edited by Searelia, October 01, 2016.

Xeerar

Xeerar
  • 129 posts

I voted for the island simply because so much has changed on it since we last played on it i think it would be cool to get going on that one again :D

SaltySam

SaltySam

• Staff

• 2,799 posts
I really wouldn't mind the Island map either, its been months since I've tried it. I voted for the center because I know it but the island would be fun with wyverns! Switching my vote lol

Jhordan

Jhordan
  • TheOneAndOnly

• 223 posts

I voted for the island, cause I havnt played on it in forever, and it seems all anyone wants to play on anymore is the center..

SaltySam

SaltySam

• Staff

• 2,799 posts

Alrighty, let's remind everyone that's playing with us to put their votes in and get this poll wrapped up! Would love to get started on the move this week while I am off work!

Bones

Bones

• Forum Member
  • Bones....

• 261 posts

i know i havent been playing but if i were to vote (dont count my vote cause im trash and cant play :D) the island would be sweet to play on again

Animbus

Animbus
  • 33 posts

Yeah, the island has changed so much, so i thin it would be exciting to go back.

Searelia

Searelia

• 103 posts

Changed my vote to iland map. And if iland map is where we are going. Me and Animbus are gona move out to that small iland. That way we can have our massive building and dinos and wont lagg for anyone else unless you come and visit :P

1FingerSalute

1FingerSalute

• 32 posts

I'm fine with the Island map.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users