Photo

Ark: Scorched Earth Expansion Thoughts and Ideas

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

1FingerSalute

1FingerSalute

• 32 posts

Awesome Sam, will donate when I get off work. Thanks for setting it up!

Edited by Oops, September 07, 2016.

Copenhagen

Copenhagen
  • 54 posts

I don't have the extra money right now for it or I would pick it up, But my Birthday is coming up on the 21st so maybe if I have the extra cash I will :thumbsup: 

Edited by Copenhagen, September 07, 2016.

SaltySam

SaltySam

• Staff
  • Chief Executive Salt Bringer

• 2,799 posts

I will keep this thread going to report any major issues or any more thoughts for config changes, etc in the future. Glad everyone has been enjoying the server. I love it so far myself because it is DEFINITELY challenging compared to a super modded easy version on the other server. I have lost so many damn animals already I almost rage-quit last night haha

SaltySam

SaltySam

• Staff

• 2,799 posts

Hey everyone! So the other server has been all but dead since the new server has been up so I was wondering if we would be interested in attempting to make the old server into a new fresh wiped server and getting it set up as a cluster server to allow for transfers back and forth. I could attempt to save the current server and link it but i think with the massive amount of mods on the server it could create issues with the uploads/downloads. But before I attempted it, I wanted to throw out this post to try and get some feedback first.

OK GO!

Rando

Rando

• Retired
  • 1,855 posts

I'm fine with a wipe on Center. I like the idea if being able to bounce back and forth between them if that's what you're talking about. 

SaltySam

SaltySam

• Staff

• 2,799 posts

I'm fine with a wipe on Center. I like the idea if being able to bounce back and forth between them if that's what you're talking about.

That would be the plan, we would hammer out details of what would be transferable between the two but there are capabilities for your characters,dinos, and even items

Searelia

Searelia

• 103 posts

Ok so im really tired here. Can you break that down and explain what it means a bit more? Pritty Please :)

1FingerSalute

1FingerSalute

• 32 posts

I'd be cool with a wipe also. I haven't even played on there for a while. I would like to see the mods toned down to the same level as SE.

SaltySam

SaltySam

• Staff

• 2,799 posts

Ok so im really tired here. Can you break that down and explain what it means a bit more? Pritty Please :)

basically, we would shutdown the Center server and start a new server that is joined to the Scorched Earth server via a clusterID. This ID would allow players to upload/download characters, dinos, and possibly items to the "cluster" as opposed to saving it locally, the files are saved on the server itself. This would allow players to retrieve their character, dinos, or items on the other server. So basically it pairs the server and allows for cross-play between both servers without allowing players to download/upload from local files. This means we wouldn't have to worry about people downloading their lvl1000 giga from their single player and going on a rampage.

More info can be found here:

https://www.survival...-cluster-addon/

*I have yet to contact our host support to get the exact details on whether or not we can link a new server with the current Scorched Earth server or if it would have to be migrated so this wouldn't be something that would happen overnight, but rather wanted to get the opinions of everyone involved.  The reasoning behind that is because Scorched Earth is the new hotness and we are currently paid up for a while on it, but once that is done with, there really wouldn't be a point in keeping a second server that is going to sit empty for the most part 24/7.

Coyote

Coyote

• Staff
  • 979 posts

It really sounds like a cool idea being able switch between the Center map and Scorched Earth map.

After reading through the FAQ's it doesn't look like a easy task, but I know @SaltySam with his OCD can really get into it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users