Ark: Scorched Earth Expansion Thoughts and Ideas

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

SaltySam

SaltySam

• Staff
  • Chief Executive Salt Bringer

• 2,799 posts

Just wanted to make up a post for the launch of the new Scorched Earth Expansion for Ark and see what everyone's thoughts were on the new content pack!

This isn't going to be a flame war of people complaining about the price tag yada yada yada, I am honestly just wanted to know how it runs and plays.

On another note, from talking with a lot of you in the discord the last few days, there has been a bit of talk of wanting to put our GSN mark on a scorched earth server of our own. Given that it is a paid DLC and not everyone will/can buy it right away, I don't think it would be a good idea to demo our current server in order to run the expansion(plus i still play the base game 20hrs a week or so).

Some of the folks I have spoken with showed interest in the possibility of maybe pitching in a few dollars a piece to throw up a server for a month or more to judge interest. I looked into this last night and if paid for monthly, a 20 slot server identical to the one we currently have would be $30 + tax. If paid for by quarter(3 months) the monthly cost is discounted to $22. So basically I am asking for anyone that would possibly be willing to throw a couple bucks into starting a server to test the new expansion on and if so which option you would rather look into(1 month/3 months). 

If the new server was to happen, it can be modded just like the base game, so would also like to hear which mods you would like to see to the config and the 3rd party mods. (Keep in mind that the resource sets are different so some mods might come to be useless if the resources to make the mats aren't around as much as the current map)

Alright, that's enough bs-ing. Post away!!!  Thanks for the input!

Coyote

Coyote

• Staff
  • 979 posts

Count me in  :thumbsup: Sam, I just downloaded it yesterday and have playing single player.

Searelia

Searelia

• 103 posts

Im gona buy it as soon as i get money if nothing else i want to try it out for sure!
And i have no problem helping out to pay for a server as well. But i would say 1 month at the time is a bit short and would say go with 3 month. 
Mods id like to se

Grinder - I feel is an obvious choise no matter what.

Food bin - for the animals

Vitaberry - to atleast use on the animals
Glasmetal - Dont know what building stuff there is in the game so if this sucks for elements then no.

Might add more futher down. Dont have the expansion so dontk now whats in the game and what can be useful yet :)

Jhordan

Jhordan
  • TheOneAndOnly

• 223 posts

I havnt tryed it yet watched some videos, it looks amazing and I would love to have a server I can count on to play on. But like you said it could be to early but I would love to see one

SaltySam

SaltySam

• Staff

• 2,799 posts

Im gona buy it as soon as i get money if nothing else i want to try it out for sure!
And i have no problem helping out to pay for a server as well. But i would say 1 month at the time is a bit short and would say go with 3 month. 
Mods id like to se

Grinder - I feel is an obvious choise no matter what.

Food bin - for the animals

Vitaberry - to atleast use on the animals
Glasmetal - Dont know what building stuff there is in the game so if this sucks for elements then no.

Might add more futher down. Dont have the expansion so dontk now whats in the game and what can be useful yet :)

Think glassmetal would be difficult with this map, as the crystal is more scarce then on The Island map

Bones

Bones

• Forum Member
  • Bones....

• 261 posts

Gonna say love it and would be so down for a server also Stack me more is awesome and Bulk Crafter!

Xeerar

Xeerar
  • 129 posts

Defenitly down for a server.

As far as the glassmetal is concerned: I guess if we also have the resource crops it could be done? :P 

Coyote

Coyote

• Staff
  • 979 posts

Let's run it with no mods, to make sure it performs well.

Everyone is spoiled with magic plots and short cuts.

Try to enjoy the game as it was designed to be run.

DonDiablo

DonDiablo

• Retired
  • 1,166 posts

i just want the server up asap :P dont want to waste my time on other servers :P

Coyote

Coyote

• Staff
  • 979 posts

i just want the server up asap :P dont want to waste my time on other servers :P

Me too!

Animbus

Animbus
  • 33 posts
Same, I actually just want to get started.
Also the crystal is really far, and it's only in the mountains, which is filled with a lot of dangerous animals and it has one or two elemental golems, so the glass and metal I think wouldn't work out.

1FingerSalute

1FingerSalute

• 32 posts

Just got it today and..... wow. Count me in.

Xeerar

Xeerar
  • 129 posts

Well, im ok with anything mod wise. No mods, mods. Doesnt matter. If everybody wants to go vanilla, then thats what we will do :D I just want to get to playing on a server with all of us! :P 

Searelia

Searelia

• 103 posts

Then we skip the glas metal mod for sure.

I can go vanilla sure.. But i stil would like the grinder most of all tbh. Oww yeah that scope as well would be nice but can do without if thats what we are going for.

SaltySam

SaltySam

• Staff

• 2,799 posts
Well if its something we all want(which seems to be the case) I will be willing to front the cash to start working on bringing it up tomorrow morning. And if anyone would like to chip in to get more then a month, then we can figure that out whether its something GSN picks up from donations or we do some kind of PayPal thing on the side

Searelia

Searelia

• 103 posts

Just tell me where to put the money and ill help out.

1FingerSalute

1FingerSalute

• 32 posts

Ya I'll be more than happy to chip in.

Animbus

Animbus
  • 33 posts
Same, I'm willing to pitch in,

Xeerar

Xeerar
  • 129 posts

Yea I can spare some cash for it as well :) be more than happy to

SaltySam

SaltySam

• Staff

• 2,799 posts

Alright everyone! Went ahead and put in the order for server for the first 3 months($56). Talked to the big wigs about the possibility of keeping it on GSN donations after that, so if you guys would like to donate towards the server, just send anything you would be willing to put towards it to the GSN donation link. That will show support more than just paying me back(which I don't need or want :) ) So just send those good wishes to the community as a whole and we will see what happens after the first 3 months.

Will post server info in the ark server info page when we get it up and running

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users