Discord   |   Play games and chat with our PC gaming community in Discord.
Launch Discord  
Photo

Why are there so many red gaming motherboards?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

epicwolf

epicwolf
  • Forum Member
  • 4 posts

I am planning on upgrading my rig in a month or so and are shopping for a new motherboard.  I know that esthetic doesn't define how powerful the rig is and how great the game runs but I believe majority of the people who have a custom rig do care about the look of it. That is why so many gaming pc case have windows.  Anyway, I always love the color blue and my current rig have a lot of blue in them with the lights and rams and fans and motherboard etc.  So as a general rule, i wanted to find a new motherboard that have a lot of blue on them.  Unfortnately there are not many options out there for blue.  MSI used to have a lot of blue options but with their new motherboards it is mostly silver, white and red.  What I've noticed in my 3 years of getting into this custom gaming pc stuff, majority of the gaming motherboards are red.  Why is that? The only blue options i found for gaming motherboards are ASrock extreme4.   For the people who love blue, are we out of luck?

xXHeloMechXx

xXHeloMechXx
  • 41 posts

I feel ya, red is definitely a predominant color for motherboard, fan led, memory, etc colors. There are some out there, just gotta hunt. Could always go with a black MB, and dress it with blue accessories and LED's. 

dudio

dudio
  • Forum Member
  • 81 posts

Blue is sooo 2015 !    ;)

Devils_knight

Devils_knight

• 1,094 posts

Republic of Games ...that is all

Iceman

Iceman

• Retired
  • Ice Cream Anyone?

• 2,522 posts

My new mother board ASUS Maximus VIII Hero motherboard light cycles through the spectrum and I am pretty sure you can set the color to one flavor. As Devils_Knight pointed out its a ROG.

Devils_knight

Devils_knight

• 1,094 posts

My new mother board ASUS Maximus VIII Hero motherboard light cycles through the spectrum and I am pretty sure you can set the color to one flavor. As Devils_Knight pointed out its a ROG.

but up till just recently they were all red/baclk with odd special of a different color normally white

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users