Discord   |   Play games and chat with our PC gaming community in Discord.
Launch Discord  
Photo

Battlefield 1 Beta Discussion

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Naaackers

Naaackers

• OTS FPR TJE LODS

• 6,903 posts

So I figured after the beta was out for a day, we could start talking about it. I want to sleep on my thoughts, and I'm salty from having my shit pushed in. So i'll leave this thread open for you guys to talk about your first impressions. 

Jhordan

Jhordan
  • TheOneAndOnly

• 222 posts

I find it to be an okay game so far, wished they gave us more than one map to play on but ohwell.. i guess thats all i gotta say lol

GforGreg

GforGreg
  • Getaway Driver

• 239 posts

I'm liking it so far, I love the simplicity of it. The salt is real but that's usually when I'm playing solo.

Naaackers

Naaackers

• OTS FPR TJE LODS

• 6,903 posts

Allllllllllllrighty then. I am rested and ready to give my input. 

So I guess i'll start with the bad first, since it sticks in my mind the most. Shit is buggy. Like really buggy.

• The in game friends menu is glitchy as all hell, and it's difficult to keep open.
  • Vehicles disappear when you're in them. BadBadRobot, SpeedDemon and myself were all in a tank/jeep driving away from a point we just captured. We heard an explosion, were engulfed in a giant cloud of smoke and then POOF. Vehicle was just straight up gone. This happened multiple times.
  • Spawning. They let you click on a name in your squad to see where they are on the map. But then you have to move your mouse to where they are on the map, and double click to spawn (or click spawn). Sometimes it just wont spawn you.
  • Doors and windows. You're supposed to be able to open and close windows. Except you have to be standing 3 ft away from any said door to open or close it. Barging into doors and stabbing someone in the face was fun tho lol.  

General gameplay is pretty fun. However, there needs to be some serious work on the hit registration. Bullets going through people over and over and over. I didn't seem to have an issue with dying around corners after getting behind cover though. So that is good. 

The game is okay. Like Robot said in our VOIP channel last night, there are some good 'Battlefield Moments' that make you yell and scream and squirm. So experiencing those in a brand new game is great. I think I would have had more fun if we were on a different map. You can't spot people that are more than a couple hundred meters out. So you'll just just picked off by snipers in the distance who never engage in battle. Pretty annoying. Also, tanks and horses are fucking OP. Good god. If a horse comes within 5 ft. of you and swings his sword, you are dying. 1 hit KO baby. 

I will wait to give final criticism until the beta is over. I like the simplified UI, and gun customization seems pretty good. There is a wide range of weapons, which I was happy to see. They just have a LOT of work to do as far as bugs. If they get those worked out and the hit registration fixed, should be a good game. I would buy it. 

DonDiablo

DonDiablo

• Retired
  • 1,164 posts
Allright, i love the game,not gonna mention broken stuff cause its a beta and all of then has had Bugs,but this is the best beta so far of then all,

I love sniping and causing a lot of salt :D

dudio

dudio
  • Forum Member
  • 81 posts

Only played a game and a half so far. Not my style of map, but that's personal taste. One thing I did notice right away is I can't bind Mouse3 (scroll button) that I like to use for 'Enter Vehicle', and I can't bind Mouse4 (thumb button) that I like to use for 'Melee'.

Cullen

Cullen
  • Retired
  • 821 posts

Only played a game and a half so far. Not my style of map, but that's personal taste. One thing I did notice right away is I can't bind Mouse3 (scroll button) that I like to use for 'Enter Vehicle', and I can't bind Mouse4 (thumb button) that I like to use for 'Melee'.

I was able to bind my mouse buttons no problem are you using the mouse column in the control settings? 

Nimbus

Nimbus
  • Staff
  • ITS YA BOI

• 2,709 posts

Planes are OVERPOWERED no complaints here.

However hit reg does need to be looked at there were several times my shots would be on target but I would not be hitting anything.

Sniping is really fun. Battle pick ups are cool.

DYNAMIC WEATHER IS AMAZING.

yea things are a bit buggy but meh it will be ironed out after a month or 2 (hopefully) 

am I sold? I cant say for sure yet it is really fun but I will grind it out some more to see how it is.

HORSES ARE OP 

dudio

dudio
  • Forum Member
  • 81 posts

Cullen: ya, I'm an idiot. Had to bind mouse button in mouse column..go figure eh?!

All: Having a heck of a time getting into a game all afternoon after my initial trial.
Couldn't log into EA, and according to EA forums, I wasn't alone, and now can log
in but servers are whacked with not allowing players in and creating ridiculous queues.

M2THE49

M2THE49

• Retired
  • 5,408 posts

I haven't played yet but I WANT TO DO PLANES AND GUNNERS AND BUTT STUFF

Laus

Laus

• 59 posts

I am currently not a fan of the game. I think if I bought it I would enjoy it for a very short time before hanging it up and never playing it again just like I did with Hardline and Battlefront. I put a ton of hours in on BF3 & BF4. I'll be glad to see the next BF to return to something along those lines. Nothing about the game has given me the urge to buy it for $60 on release.

IdealShooting

IdealShooting
  • 213 posts

So I have put in 9 hours for Battlefield 1 I am level 22 so I put enough time in now I will tell everyone some thing I dislike about the game. 

Cons:

1. I do not like how long it takes to kill someone feels like I am playing another call of duty game when it comes down to this. 

2. Snipers are very OP it could just be this map but with how the weapons work on this map you can be using a semi auto weapon and your bullets go flying so your chances on hitting a sniper from yards out are impossible. Like I did say though it could be the map they gave us. 

3. Planes so this has happened to me twice today I was in a plane another plane crashed into me I blew up but he didn't? BULLSHIT! 

4. There is a lot of bugs to many to name off it would be a lot better if they delayed battlefield. 

5. Flame thrower and also the mini gun dude are like "Heros" for battlefield. More health and more everything. 

Pros:

1. The weather changes are amazing.

2. The game runs smooth for the most part.

3. I love the aspect of back in the day type shooter. 

Will I be buying this right away? Most likely not. 

Edited by IdealShooting, August 31, 2016.

xXHeloMechXx

xXHeloMechXx
  • 40 posts

I am currently not a fan of the game. I think if I bought it I would enjoy it for a very short time before hanging it up and never playing it again just like I did with Hardline and Battlefront. I put a ton of hours in on BF3 & BF4. I'll be glad to see the next BF to return to something along those lines. Nothing about the game has given me the urge to buy it for $60 on release.

I kinda feel the same. I really REALLY wanted to get behind this and be all in, but it just feels like somethings lacking. Maybe my style of games has changed, or maybe the BF franchise is slowly moving closer to CoD for me, but it just doesn't have the zing for me to fully commit yet. Gonna play it more and see if my feelings change, but for now I'm still undecided. 

CapN

CapN

• Retired
  • Shipshape and Shipfaced!

• 2,444 posts
I can't stop comparing everything I see to battlefront and it bugs the hell out of me! I haven't played it yet it's just from the videos I have watched did anyone notice this while playing?

Iceman

Iceman

• Retired
  • Ice Cream Anyone?

• 2,522 posts

Tried playing it yesterday night and couldn't get in.  Also I couldn't turn off that  GD music in the server loading screen.

TrackPadGaming

TrackPadGaming

• The King of Stupid

• 202 posts

So far I think it is good, the bugs are a problem but it's better the bugs are found now instead of when the game launches. The tanks and horses are OP I think this is a problem because the weapons are WW1 and things like tanks weren't even in WW1 till the end so there wasn't many weapons to destroy them. The planes don't seem to OP I just wish the AA on the ground would comeback after it got destroyed. My only real complaint is they made a WW1 game with WW2 gameplay.

sneakyeskimos

sneakyeskimos
  • Inactive
  • 155 posts
So started the DL before i went to work this morning on mine and the gfs computers, she said they are both finished and we will be playing when i get home! Will post back with my thoughts on the game so far.

P.s. whats up everyone. Been awhile but im back for some BF! Its what i started with and what i love so see you guys on the field soon!

Naaackers

Naaackers

• OTS FPR TJE LODS

• 6,903 posts

So started the DL before i went to work this morning on mine and the gfs computers, she said they are both finished and we will be playing when i get home! Will post back with my thoughts on the game so far.

P.s. whats up everyone. Been awhile but im back for some BF! Its what i started with and what i love so see you guys on the field soon!

Miss you bud! Good to see you!

sneakyeskimos

sneakyeskimos
  • Inactive
  • 155 posts

Miss you bud! Good to see you!

I miss you more nackers... gonna have to get you and robot out to dragonsmead soon for some brewskis! Should be on around 630ish tho come say hi!

xXHeloMechXx

xXHeloMechXx
  • 40 posts

Ok, so after logging 3+ more hours with a squad of guys in discord, I can say that I'm really enjoying the game now. Trying to solo in multiplayer with a squad of randoms is horrible. Let's be fair though, because the game is still buggy, there's some VERY OP things, but all in all I'm excited about the release again.

As always this community has made the game fun for me. Thx for squaring up guys. Look forward to more good times in game. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users