Discord   |   Play games and chat with our PC gaming community in Discord.
Launch Discord  
Photo

New Guy on the block

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Arcticyclone

Arcticyclone

• Die-Hard PC Enthusiast

• 55 posts

Hello GSN Gaming Community members! My Real name is Simon, and I am a 20 year old IT Support Technician and die hard PC enthusiast. I am search of a good group of friends to join since my girlfriend is off to college and none of my friends are really into PC gaming. Some things about me: I'm generally pretty quiet unless you get to know me well, I have been known to rage when I am getting my ass kicked and I am probably the worst speller you'll ever meet (spellcheck is my best friend). Some games I play: pretty much everything. But recently, Overwatch, Black Ops III and GTA V. I am always willing to try new games as long as I'm with friends.

Another thing that I just wanted to get out in the open, I have a VAC Steam ban. But before I get messages saying "Hacker!" "Cheater!" Let me explain myself. I used to have a triple monitor setup quite some time ago and since I am a COD fan (don't hate) I used to play a lot of Black Ops II. Unfortunately the game does not nativity support a resolution of 5760x1080. So, I used a program to stretch the game to scale the monitors correctly. Little did I know Steams banning service detected it as third party software that altered the games experience, well they weren't wrong I guess. Anyway message me if you want to play some games or talk computers, I could do either all day! I'll be in Discord as much as I can. May your frame-rate be mighty and your draw-distance far my fellow gamers!

Edited by Arcticyclone, August 21, 2016.

Blade

Blade
  • 526 posts

Welcome to the Forums!

SpeedDemon

SpeedDemon
  • Staff
  • I AM THE MILKMAN!! MY MILK IS DELICIOUS!!

• 442 posts

Welcome, How did you find us Arctic and what games do you like to play currently?. Nice to see you around and i hope you enjoy it here as much as we do.

MrFortyTwo

MrFortyTwo

• Staff
  • Newdoodabooder

• 678 posts

Welcome arctic!

Sucks to hear about your VACation, can't you appeal stuff like that? Hope you enjoy the forums/discord

Dustles

Dustles
  • Thee Wild Card

• 350 posts

Welcome to the forums @Arcticylone Hope to see you on the Discord!

Kherune

Kherune

• Just Rune'd the whole thing

• 1,662 posts

Welcome to the forums man. Hopefully you can try to get that ban removed!

CapN

CapN

• Retired
  • Shipshape and Shipfaced!

• 2,444 posts
Welcome to the forums arcticyclone :)

SaltySam

SaltySam

• Staff
  • Resident Ark Dood

• 2,743 posts

Welcome to the GSN Forums, Articyclone! I hope you can appeal that VAC ban. Couldn't imagine not being able to play on my account. Once you get that taken care of, be sure to jump in and play with us in the discord server!

xXHeloMechXx

xXHeloMechXx
  • 40 posts

Welcome!! Great group here, I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay. 

Arcticyclone

Arcticyclone

• Die-Hard PC Enthusiast

• 55 posts

Welcome arctic!

Sucks to hear about your VACation, can't you appeal stuff like that? Hope you enjoy the forums/discord

Welcome to the forums man. Hopefully you can try to get that ban removed!

Welcome to the GSN Forums, Articyclone! I hope you can appeal that VAC ban. Couldn't imagine not being able to play on my account. Once you get that taken care of, be sure to jump in and play with us in the discord server!

Unfortunately I don't think Valve would dismiss a 3 year old VAC ban. I did some research after I received the ban and did find a few people that claimed they were banned for the same reason, but had no luck getting it removed. Fortunately I am still able to play all of my Steam games aside from Black Ops II, Although I did repurchase the game on another account along with all DLC because I love Call of Duty.

Old setup:

P9bhome.jpg

Edited by Arcticyclone, August 22, 2016.

Arcticyclone

Arcticyclone

• Die-Hard PC Enthusiast

• 55 posts

Welcome, How did you find us Arctic and what games do you like to play currently?. Nice to see you around and i hope you enjoy it here as much as we do.

Honestly I just googled "PC Gaming Community" and I play pretty much everything. But recently, Overwatch, Black Ops III and GTA V. But I'm always looking for more games to play.

Naaackers

Naaackers

• OTS FPR TJE LODS

• 6,903 posts

Welcome! That sucks about that ban. You're not the only one here with one so don't worry :) 

BadBadRobot

BadBadRobot

• Staff
  • I can do this ALL DAY

• 10,770 posts

Hey Artic! Nice to meet you! I saw you in our channel yesterday but never heard you say anything (wasn't sure if you were there.) Be sure to pipe up and say hi next time your in channel! While the vac ban sucks, we will be watching  :ph34r:

TrackPadGaming

TrackPadGaming

• The King of Stupid

• 202 posts

welcome

AVIDTIGERIAN

AVIDTIGERIAN
  • Dr. Cox lover

• 871 posts

welcome to the forums man nice to see a blops 2 fan around

Arcticyclone

Arcticyclone

• Die-Hard PC Enthusiast

• 55 posts

Hey Artic! Nice to meet you! I saw you in our channel yesterday but never heard you say anything (wasn't sure if you were there.) Be sure to pipe up and say hi next time your in channel! While the vac ban sucks, we will be watching  :ph34r:

Yeah I'm not really a big talker, especially with new people. I was just enjoying the piano playing  :D

Thunder

Thunder
  • Staff
  • still watching you ...

• 7,663 posts

Welcome to the forums

Coyote

Coyote

• Staff
  • 945 posts

Welcome to the forums.

0 user(s) are reading this topic