Discord   |   Play games and chat with our PC gaming community in Discord.
Launch Discord  
Photo

Looking for CPU Cooler

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Dustles

Dustles
  • Thee Wild Card

• 350 posts

I have a AMD FX-8350 Black Edition Vishera 8-Core 4.0 GHz (4.2 GHz Turbo) Socket AM3+ 125W FD8350FRHKBOX Desktop Processor  and I currently have the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO - CPU Cooler with 120 mm PWN Fan. But it's not cutting it anymore, so I thought i would ask you guys what LIQUID cooling fan (or what ever you call it) to fit that CPU. If you could leave me a link down below that would be awesome! (No price range but I would recommend Newegg buts its okay if it's not!) Thank you for your time and help!  :) 

Edit: Here is my Case for whoever needs it! @Iceman

Iceman

Iceman

• Retired
  • Ice Cream Anyone?

• 2,522 posts

@Dustles, you might throw in what kind of computer case you have. Depending on your case size eg. mid, full tower will determine the size of a cooler you can put in. I just recently upgraded my computer and went from a H70 Corsair liquid cooler to a H100i v2 duel radiator cooler. I am running in a Cooler Master HFX full tower and have tons of room to fit just about any type of liquid cooling. The Corsair series have worked great for me, but then again, I set my mother board for auto overclock, so I don't do anything extreme. Good luck. :thumbsup:

Rando

Rando

• Retired
  • 1,855 posts

I've used this on an AMD and intel. Couldn't be happier. Cool and quiet :)

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16835856022

Naaackers

Naaackers

• OTS FPR TJE LODS

• 6,903 posts

The go to for closed loop water cooling solutions are the Corsair H Series coolers (H for Hyrdo). 

Like Iceman said, it depends on what you case can fit. Some are single fan radiator, some are dual and a select few are triple. NZXT Also makes an amazing closed loop water cooling kit too, but it's a little bit more pricey. But has some added features like LED's and Software integration. 

If you don't care about the bells and whistles, I'd recommend a Corsair H80i. It's a single fan radiator. If you have room for a dual, go up to the H-100 series coolers. 

xXHeloMechXx

xXHeloMechXx
  • 40 posts

@Dustles, you might throw in what kind of computer case you have. Depending on your case size eg. mid, full tower will determine the size of a cooler you can put in. I just recently upgraded my computer and went from a H70 Corsair liquid cooler to a H100i v2 duel radiator cooler. I am running in a Cooler Master HFX full tower and have tons of room to fit just about any type of liquid cooling. The Corsair series have worked great for me, but then again, I set my mother board for auto overclock, so I don't do anything extreme. Good luck. :thumbsup:

The go to for closed loop water cooling solutions are the Corsair H Series coolers (H for Hyrdo). 

Like Iceman said, it depends on what you case can fit. Some are single fan radiator, some are dual and a select few are triple. NZXT Also makes an amazing closed loop water cooling kit too, but it's a little bit more pricey. But has some added features like LED's and Software integration. 

If you don't care about the bells and whistles, I'd recommend a Corsair H80i. It's a single fan radiator. If you have room for a dual, go up to the H-100 series coolers. 

Been using closed loop water coolers on my CPU's for my last 4 builds, and couldn't be happier. AMD CPU's on all 4, and have yet to encounter any overheating issues @ all. I've used both Corsair, and NZXT ones, and they're both great imo. I would say however that if you're wanting "full customization" going corsair with everything connected into corsair link is kind of nice.

Dustles

Dustles
  • Thee Wild Card

• 350 posts

I had a long talk with @ViperTech0911 and decided to change case and got the Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX 280mm Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler! Thank you guys for your help and recommendations! 

xXHeloMechXx

xXHeloMechXx
  • 40 posts

I had a long talk with @ViperTech0911 and decided to change case and got the Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX 280mm Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler Thank you guys for your help and recommendations! 

Great choice!! You'll definitely be happy with your upgrade. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users