Photo

Closed: Poll for new Mods!

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Poll: Ark Mods (12 member(s) have cast votes)

Resource Farming!

1. Yes? (9 votes [75.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 75.00%

2. No? (3 votes [25.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

Dragons!

1. Yes? (11 votes [91.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 91.67%

2. No? (1 votes [8.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.33%

Annunaki Genesis!!

1. Yes? (6 votes [50.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

2. No? (6 votes [50.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Bones

Bones

• Forum Member
  • Bones....

• 261 posts

Elite Dragons Mod- http://steamcommunit...xt=Elite Dragon

Resource Crops- http://steamcommunit...s/?id=700624475

Annunaki Genesis- http://steamcommunit...rchtext=Genesis

Note: Elite Dragons would not need to be added if Annunaki is added. Annunaki Genesis offers a lot more things to do thank regular old Ark and will be a very long time before you get bored!

Edited by Bones357, August 17, 2016.

Animbus

Animbus
  • 33 posts
For a reason I can't vote again but count me in for all three

SaltySam

SaltySam

• Staff
  • Chief Executive Salt Bringer

• 2,799 posts
Have to delete your vote to vote again.

And btw I doubt we would add anunaki because we would lose players because of how terribly it would run for this server. But if its voted in I don't mind loading it in, but forewarned I think we would see a lot of people moving on from our server.

Animbus

Animbus
  • 33 posts

Yeah, but to be totally honest, the server is pretty much empty, there's not a lot of people playing. the past week I've only seen like 4-5 people on the server. That why we thought if we added the Annunaki Genesis, maybe people will stay longer, because I think that at this point people are basically done with everything in ark, there's not a lot of things to do anymore. But we will just have to wait and see.

SaltySam

SaltySam

• Staff

• 2,799 posts
I think that No Man's sky has the attention of a lot of the hardcore ark people right now, and I'm not entirely sure that anunaki will change that by itself. But like I said, if the community wants it, it's in.

On the flipside, I haven't added that to a server yet so I don't know if there will be any issues with the mod as far as loading it into an existing save file. I'll have to do some research first on that front.

Searelia

Searelia

• 103 posts

I voted yes on all. But if any of the mods would cause to much problems like i heard the genesis could then i say no. We still want people to be able to play the game and be on our server ofc.

Animbus

Animbus
  • 33 posts

True, but the thing is. If we add the genesis we of course like your saying could have the chance of loose people, the thing with that is that im pretty sure we already lost most of the people. If we added we have the chance of getting people in and they can do so much more. Because i mean yeah we dont want peoples things to lag, but like i said im pretty sure people are basically done aat this point. But if it votes no on genesis then i guess thats what people wanted.

Also like you said if no mans sky has peoples attention then that means that ark will have no people playing it soon.

Xeerar

Xeerar
  • 129 posts

Genesis runned TERRIBLY on my single player and i tried to go into a server with genesis and i just couldnt join it. And I think im not the only one who has had issues with loading this mod. 

Now im all for getting new stuff and all that, but if someone cant load the server and  they are just looking for "a server" to play on, they are not going to keep trying to get it to work, they will just move on to another one. So, if genesis posses trouble loading, at best we will get the people back that are now playing no mans sky. And in fairness, no mans sky has only just come out so i suppose its logical that its getting a bit more attention than ark now so I would say give it a little bit of time and everybody will be back playing on a regular basis again :) 

That being said, if the votes are for it we can always try, if we have a back up of our server we can always restore it to what it was if it doesnt work or causes too many issues. 

Searelia

Searelia

• 103 posts

We could but wont all the animals we tamed and so forth that is part of the genesis be gone then?

Xeerar

Xeerar
  • 129 posts

We could but wont all the animals we tamed and so forth that is part of the genesis be gone then?

i was more talking about if it doesnt work at all on start up or in the next few days.

And yes they would but we could set the server back to right now and we would have all the stuff we have now back instead if we keep a backup

Searelia

Searelia

• 103 posts

How about (If we get a yes on all 3 that is) we get the farming mod and drake mod up first so we could get those going. And then we get the genesis mod. Then if we start doing farming and building all those stuff wont be gone just becouse genesis wont work? Or maby this is not a possibility?

Xeerar

Xeerar
  • 129 posts

How about (If we get a yes on all 3 that is) we get the farming mod and drake mod up first so we could get those going. And then we get the genesis mod. Then if we start doing farming and building all those stuff wont be gone just becouse genesis wont work? Or maby this is not a possibility?

I think the genesis mod might require a server wipe but im not entirely sure

Searelia

Searelia

• 103 posts

I think the genesis mod might require a server wipe but im not entirely sure

Well those has not gone right for uss ever before so i would guess that if we get it we just have to kill dinos normaly and let the genesis dinos just roll in like all others.

Xeerar

Xeerar
  • 129 posts

Well those has not gone right for uss ever before so i would guess that if we get it we just have to kill dinos normaly and let the genesis dinos just roll in like all others.

YEa but im not sure about the center map but onn the island map there is an area that is specifically for the boss dinnos and all that so if your base is there you are so fucked xD 

SaltySam

SaltySam

• Staff

• 2,799 posts

Alrighty everyone! Bumping this topic to get the last few comments/opinions in. Would really like to hear from those who voted no on anything, just to kind of let us know why and also to get a feel for what everyone's thoughts are on maybe rolling in the 2 mods first and then possibly working in annunaki after that.

It would require more than just a wild dino wipe more than likely, it has a tendency to murder other mods if it's not placed right in the server files but that would be up to me to figure that all out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(*MY OPINION*)

The server would more than likely run like garbage with Annunaki on it, it's just not powerful enough. If we had our old Dedicated box it would be a no brainer but on a hosted server I foresee performance issues both client and server side. That doesn't mean that I won't give it a shot, but just throwing that out there just in case it falls flat after launching it lol 

I would say let's add in the dragons and resource farming as they seem like fairly clear votes at this point and then maybe revisit Annunaki at a later time. ALSO I would say lets remove the Giga mod so we can have our favorite mega-badasses back lol 

BTW I could add this stuff in as early as tomorrow, so let's get this poll wrapped up so we can get on with the new stuff!

Searelia

Searelia

• 103 posts

Im all good with that both mods and gigas.

Animbus

Animbus
  • 33 posts
Yeah that's fine.

(My opinion)
The reason why I put no to the resource farming is because I feel like it kind of goes against the whole point of the game. I meando t get me wrong it would be interesting to see how it works and the different things you can get from it, it's just for me I feel like that would just cause people to not want to go and explore since the farming will all then to just get it from a crop plot.

And yeah I mean if we don't get the annunaki Genesis mod the hopefully we can get it some other time.

Revrat

Revrat
  • Forum Member
  • AFGM

• 7 posts

I cast my vote for these three but would really love it if we could vote on adding Reusable plus mod. It simply adds reusable versions of useful items like grappling hooks and parachutes. It looks pretty simple.

SaltySam

SaltySam

• Staff

• 2,799 posts

I cast my vote for these three but would really love it if we could vote on adding Reusable plus mod. It simply adds reusable versions of useful items like grappling hooks and parachutes. It looks pretty simple.

This poll has actually been closed for a bit. We have migrated servers since this. Current server info/mods/settings can be found here: https://gsngaming.co...ings-changelog/

p.s. thanks for reminding me to close this thread up  :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users