Discord   |   Play games and chat with our PC gaming community in Discord.
Launch Discord  
Photo

Das Keyboard 5Q - The First Cloud Keyboard

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Naaackers

Naaackers

• OTS FPR TJE LODS

• 6,903 posts

HOLY FUCK. Das is making an RGB keyboard. I MIGHT DIE. 

I'm still trying to figure out if this is a April Fools joke or not. It seems legit, but at the same time it doesn't. 

For those of you that don't know Das, they are a company that makes premium, professional keyboards for the working man. They have always been sleek, black boards with no LED's and minimal extra keys. Their build quality is amazing and it is by far my #1 favorite keyboard to type on. 

Well, they have started a kickstarted for a brand new keyboard, called the Das 5Q. What makes this different from the other keyboard is

• First DAS with LED Backlighting
  • First DAS with RGB lighting
  • Individual LED hanging abilities
  • Data Tracking
  • Software

Now, this keyboard does some really in depth and geeky shit. Like being able to track reminders and events using keypresses and LED's. They even will have an open API and a link to the cloud so you can sync your data and brainstorm with other programmers. I don't know if I'm going to get into all of that, but having a DAS with RGB lighting and software control is enough to make me want to shit my pants. 

I'm weary of kickstarter, so i'll be waiting for this thing to be on the shelves before I buy. But I wanted to share this with you and see what you think. 

Only fear - getting hacked and having all of my keypresses downloaded and used to steal information. 

https://www.kickstar...?token=725a1c5c

D3structiveDude

D3structiveDude
  • Pugs Not Drugs

• 272 posts

That is actually one of the coolest pieces of tech I have seen

Paronity

Paronity

• Forum Member
  • var Paronity = new Guru();

• 16,885 posts

That is absolutely amazing. The feel of my DAS Keyboard is still one of the best that I have used to date. It's awesome to see them move into a bit more of the bells and whistles side of the market though. 

I might super early bird back that shit. 

Dustles

Dustles
  • Thee Wild Card

• 351 posts

Now, "Das" a keyboard.... 

I'm sorry for that joke, I just had too.

Bourbon

Bourbon
  • 607 posts

Yeeaaah, built in cloud synced keylogger? No thanks.   Everything Else, Yes Please! :D

Nimbus

Nimbus
  • Staff
  • ITS YA BOI

• 2,709 posts

Nackers I wish I had your keyboard fetish 

Paronity

Paronity

• Forum Member
  • var Paronity = new Guru();

• 16,885 posts

Yeeaaah, built in cloud synced keylogger? No thanks.   Everything Else, Yes Please! :D

Keyloggers are fairly easy to detect. Network traffic to send those key strokes - SUPER EASY to detect. Bring it on.....   :)

Bourbon

Bourbon
  • 607 posts

Keyloggers are fairly easy to detect. Network traffic to send those key strokes - SUPER EASY to detect. Bring it on.....   :)

That is true, but in this case that's not the issue, which is that the keyboard is supposed to be sending data over the network to the cloud, and as periodic news articles reflect cloud security or the lack thereof will probably be the biggest point of failure/avenue of attack with potentially catastrophic consequences. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users