POLL: Changing the server over to The Center Map

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

SaltySam

SaltySam

• Staff
  • Chief Executive Salt Bringer

• 2,799 posts

Hey everyone! So there has been a LOT of talk from the current players on the server as well as in the ark Discord channel of the possibility of changing the current server over to the Center DLC map and starting anew.

The Center is an Official DLC of Ark and it is free to download. Info can be found here: http://store.steampo...com/app/473850/

As with every decision I want it to be the community that currently plays the server being the one making the decision and having the conversation prior to anything happening.

IF(<-- IF) we were going to change over to the new map, it would be a full wipe and restart just like we did when changing over to the Valhalla map. Along with a full wipe and switch, would come the Double XP, Double Gathering, and Double Taming rates to help everyone get a solid start for the first week of playing and let everyone get settled in.

So if you would be willing to switch to freshen up, post below saying so. If you want nothing to do with switching maps than also post below and let me know why or what could be done to sway that.

NOTHING IS GOING TO HAPPEN UNTIL I HEAR FROM THE PLAYERS!

My opinion:

I love the current map but most of us are already end game playing so I would mind a fresh start with something new.

M2THE49

M2THE49

• Retired
  • 5,411 posts

I'm quite alright with a new start. Dropping Valhalla would also mean less space used for that mod :P

Koda

Koda

• Forum Member
  • Ready for some science?

• 2,136 posts

Im alright with switching as long as I get to keep my cute hair mod :3

Copenhagen

Copenhagen
  • 54 posts

I'm fine with another switch over but if it happens from the 18th through the 25th I will not be around to enjoy the Double XP, Double Gathering, and Double Taming rates. But as I said I am good with whatever y'all choose   :thumbsup: 

Jhordan

Jhordan
  • TheOneAndOnly

• 223 posts

Start us anew, i would love starting over and being able to survive as a little naked man again

Searelia

Searelia

• 103 posts

Im game for moving!
I like the valhalla map to. Nothing wrong with it at all when it comes to looks and stuff. But since its not official it dose have alot of buggs and issues. We have been threw tons of animals that is just gone, drowning quetz becouse they come with an update and lots of stuff like that. So moving to an offical map would make alot of stuff easyer for sure. 

Coyote

Coyote

• Staff
  • 979 posts

Yes for me.  :thumbsup:

Dilpickle1

Dilpickle1
  • Did I Stutter?

• 413 posts

I'm down. Valhalla is a little too different to play without being in a tribe... and I dont really like the idea of all of GSN being in the same tribe. Idk. 

Ill probably start back up for a bit if we change. 

Sadistikitty

Sadistikitty
  • Burritos!

• 70 posts

Totes, dude! Perhaps it'll be slightly less buggy too! Y'know, not randomly eating dinos and having weird wormholes. xD

Dustles

Dustles
  • Thee Wild Card

• 351 posts

I'll give it a shot again if we switch

TrackPadGaming

TrackPadGaming

• Forum Member
  • The King of Stupid

• 203 posts

I like the idea of a new map, also I think it would be fun to have friendly fire on (not pvp) but thats just me.

Rando

Rando

• Retired
  • 1,855 posts

damn.... I finally got a Quetz today !!  

It's only been on Valhalla for 2 months. Any chance to run them both and keep this one as is ? I hit level 90 today. Starting over is going to suck but I understand I'm more than likely the minority on this.

Animbus

Animbus
  • 33 posts

wouldnt mind changing.

New challenges would be nice.

SaltySam

SaltySam

• Staff

• 2,799 posts

It's only been on Valhalla for 2 months. Any chance to run them both and keep this one as is ? I hit level 90 today. Starting over is going to suck but I understand I'm more than likely the minority on this.

If we were still running the server on the dedicated box I'd be happy to suggest it, but we have been hosting it by itself since we switched to Valhalla. Would be more than willing to help us get set back up if we end up switching

TrackPadGaming

TrackPadGaming

• Forum Member
  • The King of Stupid

• 203 posts

If the map does get changed when do you think it will be changed?

SaltySam

SaltySam

• Staff

• 2,799 posts

I want to hear from everyone and get any concerns and questions knocked out prior to doing anything. These types of server wipes aren't something I take lightly so don't want to do anything to swiftly

Xeerar

Xeerar
  • 129 posts

So i would totally LOVE to switch maps but i have one concern, and its a very selfish one i am aware: preferably, it would need to happen somewhere by the end of the week or so since im going to be away for a while, as most of you know, so if it happens after that i will miss boost week and the opportunity to look for a base spot before all the cool ones are built on. This is however very specific to my situation, and if that cannot be accomodated, that is totally fine too, cant win em all. I would love to switch over regardless ;) 

Coyote

Coyote

• Staff
  • 979 posts

After the bare base, then the Quetz hunt and breeding will begin.

Will be glad to help you get another one.

Searelia

Searelia

• 103 posts

Ivox vote = Yes to move.

Not sure his vote counts since he is not on the forum. But he is playing with uss and he enjoys our company :)

Ivox

Ivox
  • Forum Member
  • 1 posts

I vote yes for a change of maps. I like the Valhalla also but always nice with something new :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users