Discord   |   Play games and chat with our PC gaming community in Discord.
Launch Discord  
Photo

Skyrim Special Edition

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

SpaceCoder

SpaceCoder

• Do as I say, not as I do.

• 1,191 posts

Skyrim_Hero_1315x315.jpg

Bethesda is remastering Skyrim for the PS4, XB1, and PC with the new version of the creation engine! I was expecting a mod to try to do this because Fallout 4 is running the same engine as skyrim just a newer version and Tale of Two Wastelands was able to do this for Fallout 3 and New Vegas but now Bethesda announced it I can't wait to get my hand on it! It is suppose to come out October 28 and will be FREE to anyone who owns the Legendary Edition of Skyrim (or all the DLC's)! I can not wait to revisit Skyrim with the better graphics and effects (without my 100+ mods installed) and hopefully the performance will be better too (hopefully...).

Anyways what do you guys think?

-Space

Naaackers

Naaackers

• OTS FPR TJE LODS

• 6,903 posts

I can't believe this game came out in 2011. HOLY HELL.

Seeing as how I never beat this game, i'll be buying this for sure. 

MrFortyTwo

MrFortyTwo

• Staff
  • Newdoodabooder

• 678 posts

I'm in the same boat as Nackers, I played some of it, definitely did not fully complete it. I will be picking this up because I know its such an epic game.

Paronity

Paronity

• Forum Member
  • var Paronity = new Guru();

• 16,885 posts

I'm a little confused. Aren't there so many mods for Skyrim that you can make it look absolutely fucking amazing and get everything that the could remaster? I'm not trying belittle anyone that is buying it or anything, but it seems like they are just trying to milk the cow. Am I wrong here? 

SpaceCoder

SpaceCoder

• Do as I say, not as I do.

• 1,191 posts

I'm a little confused. Aren't there so many mods for Skyrim that you can make it look absolutely fucking amazing and get everything that the could remaster? I'm not trying belittle anyone that is buying it or anything, but it seems like they are just trying to milk the cow. Am I wrong here? 

there are a ton of mods that do the same things but once you install 100+ mods the game becomes very unstable, buggy, and some take hours to set up properly. I have lost countless saves because a mod broke my game and I have spent hours just getting mods working properly. I am excited for this because it will take less effort for me to get the game looking amazing and will also be more stable because it will be 64bit instead of 32bit. On top of that I am getting it for free so I dont have that many reasons to complain :)

Celestial

Celestial
  • Forum Member
  • 23 posts

I loved skyrim, specially that feeling when you're just walking around with that background music. Finished the main quest early but never got bored 'cuz of all the side quests and the stuff you can do, and the guilds.

Really hyped for the remaster, definitely gonna play through the whole game again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users