Discord   |   Play games and chat with our PC gaming community in Discord.
Launch Discord  
Photo

ARMA 3 TANOA UPDATE MEGATHREAD

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Nimbus

Nimbus
  • Staff
  • ITS YA BOI

• 2,709 posts

7065e41899.jpg

Hey guys so the APEX expansion is almost here and it brings lots of new content to ARMA 3

You can already play on the TANOA map by having the expansion installed and joining the beta branch 

Here is some info to show you what is coming in.

PICS

2a77e3c029.jpg

8db0044f48.jpg

3b091077b2.jpg

offroad_variations_01.jpg

arma3_apex_screenshot_03.jpg

00f081b0c9.jpg

Cant wait to see what wasteland / King of the hill will be like!

Eagles

Eagles
  • Forum Member
  • The Freedom Eagle

• 1,330 posts

So much sexy. AKs and HKs ftw.

CapN

CapN

• Retired
  • Shipshape and Shipfaced!

• 2,444 posts
That new map looks like it is going to kill my video card haha looks awesome I'm intrigued by the co-op campaign

Nimbly

Nimbly

• 642 posts

this map looks like itd be great for just about anything. definately looking forward to it

Naaackers

Naaackers

• OTS FPR TJE LODS

• 6,903 posts

Tha map looks like I should break out my pokedex and start collecting badges. 

TrackPadGaming

TrackPadGaming

• The King of Stupid

• 202 posts

This looks awsome

Modoc

Modoc
  • Get off my lawn!!!

• 1,113 posts

Hopefully it's in the steam summer sale. I wanna play it, but I haven't played Arma 3 for months really, even with 1100hrs in game.

Bourbon

Bourbon
  • 607 posts

DEFINITELY digging that Osprey/Specter gunship hybrid.... so many guns, plenty of dakka to go around! :D

Laus

Laus

• 59 posts

If there is a group that plays regularly I'll probably pick it up myself. I miss arma sometimes.

BadBadRobot

BadBadRobot

• Staff
  • I can do this ALL DAY

• 10,770 posts

New map looks beautiful, I already seen Wasteland and Life mods being ported over. But...how is performance? They said with this expansion there was going to be DX12 support that would hopefully double fps and performance as well allow it to have multi core processes, etc. 

Bourbon

Bourbon
  • 607 posts

New map looks beautiful, I already seen Wasteland and Life mods being ported over. But...how is performance? They said with this expansion there was going to be DX12 support that would hopefully double fps and performance as well allow it to have multi core processes, etc. 

My friends who have been playing the sneak peak access thing have all said the performance gains are huge, even in areas of heavy forest or places with high object population density.

Murph

Murph
  • 215 posts
As far as performance goes I am not really impressed. The game hardly utilizes the gpu still. I was playing Tanoa wasteland last night and was getting around 40 fps everywhere, but I noticed my gpu was running so so cold.. Only at 45 c? Then I loooked and the core clock was not even boosting up, the only other game that I have played that this happens in is csgo, but when it happens I am still getting 300 fps in csgo... And actually csgo will boost up 50-75 mhz depending on the server I am in.

So my conclusion to this is performance might be better, but they still aren't using as much gpu as they could be. In dayz my fps never drops below 50, and that was in the middle of cherno. Now the fps may be so low because of the wasteland mod I was playing, I don't know how optimized it was, even still I'd like to see arma push the gpu more than it was.

Also the new map and vehicles are awesome! Might be one of my favorite arma expansions so far.

Bourbon

Bourbon
  • 607 posts

As far as performance goes I am not really impressed. The game hardly utilizes the gpu still. I was playing Tanoa wasteland last night and was getting around 40 fps everywhere, but I noticed my gpu was running so so cold.. Only at 45 c? Then I loooked and the core clock was not even boosting up, the only other game that I have played that this happens in is csgo, but when it happens I am still getting 300 fps in csgo... And actually csgo will boost up 50-75 mhz depending on the server I am in.

So my conclusion to this is performance might be better, but they still aren't using as much gpu as they could be. In dayz my fps never drops below 50, and that was in the middle of cherno. Now the fps may be so low because of the wasteland mod I was playing, I don't know how optimized it was, even still I'd like to see arma push the gpu more than it was.

Also the new map and vehicles are awesome! Might be one of my favorite arma expansions so far.

Low GPU optimization/usage vs CPU has always been a hallmark of BIS games and their engine. It's not good, but from all reports it's improved from before.

Murph

Murph
  • 215 posts
I've looked into it more and it looks like they have pulled out on dx12 support for this update. Disappointing to say the least. https://dev.arma3.co...st/sitrep-00151
Alittle past half way down that page it talks about it.

BadBadRobot

BadBadRobot

• Staff
  • I can do this ALL DAY

• 10,770 posts

I've looked into it more and it looks like they have pulled out on dx12 support for this update. Disappointing to say the least. https://dev.arma3.co...st/sitrep-00151
Alittle past half way down that page it talks about it.

SUPER disappointing. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users