Quick "Poll" for a couple small additions

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

SaltySam

SaltySam

• Staff
  • Chief Executive Salt Bringer

• 2,799 posts

Real quick Yes/No Poll on these additions everyone!

With the homing pigeon and gps trackers available I think the pet finder would be super spamming with so many of us being in the same tribe but if you would like to see those as well just comment. I could only imagine the lag when using that near a base of ours lol I think for the most part we have been able to find and recover everyone's things when they die but wanted to include this in the poll as well. Apparently it's client side so shouldn't mess with anyone else's game.

SO Here's the "Poll"

Death Helper http://steamcommunit...htext=566885854

Cute Hair Mod http://steamcommunit...htext=618916953

VitaBerry http://steamcommunit...htext=672027251

If you would like to see any of these mods added to the server, just comment saying what you want to see and if not, maybe some reasoning as to why not.

We have also been talking a lot lately about possibly removing the Giga from the server and replacing it's spawn with Alphas(either rex or carno). This would mean anyone with a giga currently would lose said giga and all wild gigas would be eliminated as well. This would be a huge lose as far as challenging tames go, but it's up to you.

My Response:

I am all for the vitaberry and would be totally fine running around as Kylo Ren so the Vitaberry and Hair mod are a  yes from me. And The death helper mod would be a no, as I think between all the players we always end up recovering our bodies and finding dc'd players with relative ease.

As far as the gigas, I could care less about having them or not. They are fairly useless as anything but meat gatherers and the massive tame nerfs just irritate me to no end, so I will side with the majority here.

Also I would like to know while we are at it, if anyone would like to change the settings in any way. Is the current gather rate alright? Timers for taming and breeding okay? I don't want to go too nuts but if everyone wants it, consider it changed. Thanks for the responses and ROCK THE VOTE!

Searelia

Searelia

• 103 posts

When it comes to mods i dont mind eather of them. Death helper sure it can be good. But sometimes ark eats your stuff up and there is nothing you can do about it more or less. My main consern when it comes to mods is when they are to big or can screw stuff up. Other then that im good on new mods. 

Gigas. 
I dont mind getting rid of them all together. But we would lose one chalange. Replacing them with alphas would be a good replace since that would mean more loot, better loot for gears and stuff. But other then that we dont really need them since we play on pve server.
Getting the bigger version of megladons in would be interesting but only like if not all would be that big. We have a load of megladons and if all would be big size we would not se anything but megladons in the sea. Not sure if that is possible though to have like half be big size and half be smaller size.
If we could have atleast be able to kill gigas with tamed gigas that would be more fun. 
But if you guys want to keep the gigas im not gona argue with it :)

Time for taming and gathering is good i think. Cant be to easy eather. 

M2THE49

M2THE49

• Retired
  • 5,411 posts

Death Healper: NO

Cute Hair: YES

Vitaberry: YES

Gigas: FUCK THEM

Koda

Koda

• Forum Member
  • Ready for some science?

• 2,136 posts

Death Helper: Yes if we ever put the cache time down, if it stays at 45 minutes then we're all good and it's a no.

Cute Hair: HELL YES

Vitaberry: Yes

Gigas: KILL THEM ALL?

As far as gathering and taming...I have no tamed anything "big" enough to notice a tame timer and gathering is alright IF you have the dinos, gathering on its own is monkey butt though XD just makes those dinos all the more worth it though ^_^

Coyote

Coyote

• Staff
  • 979 posts

Death Helper NO

Cute Hair: NO

Vitaberry: YES

Gigas: Replace with Alpha Rex.

Xeerar

Xeerar
  • 129 posts

Death Helper: No 

Cute hair: No

Vitaberry: Yes

Giga: I definitely agree that SOMETHING needs to be done with/to the gigas. So heres what i told you yesterday and you suggested I mention in here: There are actually two mods for the Giga, one nerfs the wild ones so they are beatable and the other unnerfs the tamed ones so they can beat the wild ones. Replacing them with alpha rexes would also be an option that i am not opposed to by any means, but then we'd lose all our gigas... 

Xeerar

Xeerar
  • 129 posts

Oh and as far as the rates on our server are concerned, im pretty happy with it all. 

Searelia

Searelia

• 103 posts

One thing Animbus said witch is a good question. Will they at any point make a kibble that is for giga eggs. If that is the case then it would be bad to replace them. Then i think it would be better to get one of the mods so we can beat them. 

Xeerar

Xeerar
  • 129 posts

Thats a good point. I mean, we could always re-introduce the gigas if there ever becomes a giga egg kibble or if they finally release that dino thats supposed to be able to kill gigas BUT we would lose all the effort we put into taming the ones we already have, so on that note i think maybe one of the mods would be a good temporary solution until Ark balances the gigas out with something xD 

SaltySam

SaltySam

• Staff

• 2,799 posts
Can you link the mods for un-nerfing the tamed gigas? That would be a great solution too. If the wild ones were killable with a giga, they would be nearly as big of a pain in the ass to have spawn. I mean our tribe alone has like 10 gigas lol

Xeerar

Xeerar
  • 129 posts

@SaltySam http://steamcommunit...searchtext=giga

the only downside is that already tamed gigas arent affected by the mod, only the ones you tame after

Rando

Rando

• Retired
  • 1,855 posts

Death Helper 

Cute Hair: 

Vitaberry: 

Gigas: 

Whatever the majority is. I've got no feelings either way.

Personally and for my own interest I'd love to get the taming rate increased as well as the gather rate :)  It took almost 2 hours to tame a mid level doedec, 

SaltySam

SaltySam

• Staff

• 2,799 posts

So I would say that in the interest of future-proofing the giga, let's look into nerfing the wild gigas instead of completely wiping them. If we can murder the wild ones with tamed ones or a group of rexs(probably would still be tough) I would rather keep them for the challenge and the eggs are amazing for food and oviraptor taming.

Since the majority of us could care less about the hair mod I say we add it, add the vitaberries and nerf the wild gigas. As far as the rates are concerned I really wouldn't mind a minor uptick on gathering. It seems like we are constantly grinding out faces off and although it would make things easier, I'm not talking about doubling them maybe just 1X more than now. I want to see what everyone can build with a little easier time doing it. As far as taming rates a good point was brought up that we have the ability to,make kibble and drastically change the time it takes to tame things too. Just have to own a small farm in order to do it. So I would say keeping it the same wouldn't hurt.

Thoughts everyone?

Rando

Rando

• Retired
  • 1,855 posts

All that sounds good Salty.

As far as rates, If it would be better maybe we have a boost week or weekend event instead of a permanent change, put out invites to see if some new players would like to try and get a jump on leveling up as a noobie. Or get some players that may have fading interest back into playing again. 

As I said, I'm fine with what y'all decide either way.

Xeerar

Xeerar
  • 129 posts

All sounds good to me, Sam! I do think nerfing the gigas is our best bet, make them beatable :D 

As far as the rates go, im curious to see if that would help me to finally finish that bridge of mine LOL XD 

Searelia

Searelia

• 103 posts

If they are letting in the dino now the 22nd that can kill a giga i would think that dino is tamed on giga kibble. So yeah. Keep gigas and nerf them.

Koda

Koda

• Forum Member
  • Ready for some science?

• 2,136 posts

sounds fantastic! :)

Copenhagen

Copenhagen
  • 54 posts

I would like to keep the Giga's and as far as the mods go I will go with the flow

Coyote

Coyote

• Staff
  • 979 posts

Since the majority of us could care less about the hair mod I say we add it.

Why?  :wallbash:

Coyote

Coyote

• Staff
  • 979 posts

Cute Hair.JPG

Just what I needed for ARK, some cute hair.

No thanks. :down:  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users