• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

SaltySam

SaltySam

• Staff
  • Chief Executive Salt Bringer

• 2,799 posts

THE POLL IS FINALLY HERE!

At the bottom of this post is a link to a Google Form that will allow for multiple choices to be made for some of the suggested mods from this thread: https://gsngaming.com/topic/32482-ark-server-pulse-checkideasopinions/

Pre-Poll Instructions

Spoiler

Potential Mods Links/Info

Friendly Reminder:

While we are on the subject of changes, there are some friendly reminders I would like to make sure to say here while everyone is reading and voting. We have always looked out for the server performance and tried to keep the server as clean as possible as far as tearing down temporary structures(taming pens, well timed out structures, etc). This doesn’t only benefit the server performance, but also keeps areas clear for others to build/move/tame. For the most part this hasn’t been a strict rule and we have always at least attempted to contact the owners of the structures to allow them to collect the resources. We have a ton of room on the server for people to build monstrous bases and still be miles from others, so let’s try to not crowd others as we build, try to move away from spawn points as it creates an issue for new players, not overload areas with 15/20 rafts in a river when there’s a gigantic ocean around the entire map, and make sure to tear down unused structures in a timely manner. Regardless of the map’s size, we all want to be able to play and build without the added lag or spawns blocked or resources being blocked by excessive unused structures. So PLEASE clean up after yourselves :)

Poll link[CLOSED]

Spoiler

Poll Results!

PollResults.PNG

Here are the results from the poll, had to delete two troll responses that were submitted one after the other. The first was all 1s and the second was all 5s and they were a little over a minute apart so I deleted those and threw up an average response.

SO my plan for tomorrow is to add only the mods that received a 3.5 average response or better. BUT if you guys think that maybe one of the building mods would be something we should check out we can discuss and add it on later.

As of right now, I will be loading in Fog Remover, Refrigerated Troughs, Homing Pigeon, and Improved Spyglass tomorrow morning as soon as I get my son dropped off at daycare and get home! So expect a short outage and testing session tomorrow morning from around 10 until it's done. I will load the new stuff in, throw the server up to do public live testing and restart it again after that.

Dilpickle1

Dilpickle1
  • Did I Stutter?

• 413 posts

Done. Thanks Salty! 

SaltySam

SaltySam

• Staff

• 2,799 posts
Woot! New stuff hype!

1FingerSalute

1FingerSalute

• 32 posts

completed.  :rolleyes:

Coyote

Coyote

• Staff
  • 979 posts

Done deal  :thumbsup:

Copenhagen

Copenhagen
  • 54 posts

voted and done thanks Salty Sam!!!  :D

SaltySam

SaltySam

• Staff

• 2,799 posts

13 responses so far and counting! Interesting results so far

SaltySam

SaltySam

• Staff

• 2,799 posts

So this wasn't included in the original discussion but as it stands, we have boosted engram bonus from player level 85-100 and if some of these building mods come up we may also edit that so we start the boost at lvl 80, that way each player has more points to spend. If that doesn't happen, then mind wipe tonics will be happening constantly lol

Rando

Rando

• Retired
  • 1,855 posts

done ! good work

SaltySam

SaltySam

• Staff

• 2,799 posts

More responses are still coming so I will keep this poll up through today and tomorrow i will lock up the form, post the results and we can talk about the results.

By the way, the reason I made it a linear scale instead of a simple yes or no form, is I wanted to really gauge interest in these mods and only pick ones that were voted the highest. That way we aren't adding mods that the majority REALLY wants and not just have a casual interest in lol

Dilpickle1

Dilpickle1
  • Did I Stutter?

• 413 posts

I was really hoping to see Ark Advance get added :( 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users