Discord   |   Play games and chat with our PC gaming community in Discord.
Launch Discord  
Photo

Video editing for youtube

Best Answer robville, April 29, 2016

looks like a render problem I assume you have dedicated graphics, yes? if so you may need to make sure of a couple things. First and foremost that your video drivers are up to date, second that they are set to be the default render (I am guessing it will read use GPU CUDA), last check your settings in general, are you missing any codecs, are you exporting at a high frame rate, personally my preferred render settings are H264 1080 x 1920 29.97 fps this gives a really nice high res image with a decent file size. 

Finally I will do a program plug here. I use Adobe CC 2015 it isn't really that expensive for a personal license and it is subscription based so you pay by the month. To get premiere and premiere alone is 20 bucks a month but if you go up a tier you get everything mind you it is 50 bucks a month which isn't really that bad considering what you are getting and the fact that you get the newest version at no additional cost as soon as it comes out. I mean yeah it is 600 bucks a year but in reality you would have spent several times that in the past for the whole suite and you wouldn't get the full version and if you hit dire straits just cancel and move on. I would say from experience that the programs produce wonderful results and I have edited literally hundreds of videos for my company using this suite. 

hope that helps,

God bless,

robville

Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Laus

Laus

• 59 posts
Operating System: Windows 10
:
:
:
:
:
:

So I've tried using several different video editors and I've run into problems with all 3. I've tried Sony Vegas, Windows Movie Maker, and Avidemux. Vegas and movie maker's final product video quality always looks like crap. I've tried making several videos and rendering them in 1080p but they all come out looking like garbage.

Here is an example...

https://youtu.be/R2_K_H2Z3_M

I tried making videos with avidemux as well but the sound lags way behind whats happening in the video and delaying the audio doesn't seem to work for me either.

I've been searching google myself for the answers but everything I've tried with vegas is a failure and I'm still researching the other two. If anyone has run into this before I would appreciate some input on what I may be doing wrong.

Thanks!

Naaackers

Naaackers

• OTS FPR TJE LODS

• 6,903 posts

Can you upload the following: 

1. The clip you are trying to edit, before editing

2. the clip after the edit. 

That way we can compare the two files and see what is different. (framerate, resolution, format, etc.) I'm going to guess that whatever you are using to record, is recording in a crappy quality. But if your clips are good before you export and shitty after, something is up with your export settings. Cause you are correct, that looks awful. 

robville

robville
  • Inactive
  • Miserere Nobis

• 464 posts
✓  Best Answer

looks like a render problem I assume you have dedicated graphics, yes? if so you may need to make sure of a couple things. First and foremost that your video drivers are up to date, second that they are set to be the default render (I am guessing it will read use GPU CUDA), last check your settings in general, are you missing any codecs, are you exporting at a high frame rate, personally my preferred render settings are H264 1080 x 1920 29.97 fps this gives a really nice high res image with a decent file size. 

Finally I will do a program plug here. I use Adobe CC 2015 it isn't really that expensive for a personal license and it is subscription based so you pay by the month. To get premiere and premiere alone is 20 bucks a month but if you go up a tier you get everything mind you it is 50 bucks a month which isn't really that bad considering what you are getting and the fact that you get the newest version at no additional cost as soon as it comes out. I mean yeah it is 600 bucks a year but in reality you would have spent several times that in the past for the whole suite and you wouldn't get the full version and if you hit dire straits just cancel and move on. I would say from experience that the programs produce wonderful results and I have edited literally hundreds of videos for my company using this suite. 

hope that helps,

God bless,

robville

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users