Battleborn vs. Overwatch

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Naaackers

Naaackers

• Forum Member
  • OTS FPR TJE LODS

• 6,903 posts

So I wanted to hear your thoughts on these games. Both of them are coming out very soon. What way are you leaning? 

I got about 3 hours into Overwatch on my own, and about 5 or 6 hours into Battleborn with a few friends here at GSN. Personally, I think I will be buying both. 

While they are similar games, I think that the gameplay is appealing to two different gaming audiences. And i feel like for the most part, people are either going to like one or the other. Or, they are thinking about it in a competitive nature and think they should really only pick one to get good at, and not spread their skill across two games. 

Overwatch was awesome. Everything from the title screen to the kill cams, it was all polished. Everything within the game runs and looks fantastic, and I did not notice a single bug. Other than the servers being taken down by DDOS's. The gameplay was fast paced and chaotic but pretty addicting. Even for a beginning it was pretty easy to get into. Although having to choose from 20+ characters at the start was overwhelming. 

Battleborn was even more awesome. But, i'm afraid that my opinion is somewhat skewed for one reason. I played Battleborn with friends, where as Overwatch I played by myself. Obviously, games are always more fun with friends. In Battleborn, players are much more sponge-y like your typical moba. It's difficult to run around and start killing teamates 1v1 over and over. Where as with over watch, you can storm an area and take down a team of 5 pretty easily. 

I feel that Battleborn was more of team-play oriented game and took some team building strategy in order to win. I feel that with Battleborn, your chances of winning are much higher if you are teamed up and communicating in real time with your team. Where as with Overwatch, you can just hop in on your own and still wreck face. 

So, what did you guys think of the game? Are you buying one or the other? Both? 

One argument I keep seeing is that Battleborn isn't a $60 game. And even though I like BB more so I might be bias, I don't think that's true. For a few reasons. 

1. A lot of people who are saying $60 is too much, are in some cases the same people who said Firewatch was worth $20. That campaign could be beat on a average of 4 hours. So I don't believe people when they say that an extra $20 for a different game is too much when you're okay with a 4 hour campaign for the same price. BB has a much more complex character building system, and that's where I think the extra $$ comes in. 
  2. I don't think you can compare apples to apples between this game and Overwatch. Battleborn gave us a sneak preview of the game, whereas Overwatch showed us everything. Once BB comes out with their full release, THEN I will listen to the criticisms. 

So, i'm open to hear why else the game isn't worth $60. We were barely able to scratch the surface with the beta. I don't see how Battleborn has any less content than Overwatch when the gameplays are based on the same style. 

LoneWolf

LoneWolf

• Forum Member
  • 1,237 posts

My thoughts on pricing are, $1 per hour is all it takes to satisfy me. If a $60 game gives me 60 hours, I personally feel my investment was worth it.

Dustles

Dustles
  • Thee Wild Card

• 351 posts

Well, In our Overwatch defense with the "DDOS Attacks" was just restarts
f5f5aadf26b09d6911f2013c008219c3.png
But I did play both. BB is a grind fest that Gearbox tried to throw together with Borderlands. Which is player progession, which also keeps the player coming back. But Overwatch doesnt have any other that yet BUT let's keep in mind they are both in Early Access. I know for a fact there are way more maps then what we play in both BB and OW but I know that Overwatch is $40 unless you want some skins and early access to the game for you and a friend though May 3-9 then you would pay the $60. Blizzard did annouce and say "There will be DLC, more heros and maps and gamemodes and such" but you don't have to play a cent for them. But just like good ol' Blizzard you can pay money for cosometic skins. Personally, I liked Overwatch better but they both on the same plain. I have researched ALOT MORE on Overwatch then Battleborn. (Minor detail, In OW you can change your team comp at anytime but in BB you cant and in OW my keyboard lighting changed for every Hero i played, I will be making a video on it May 3 to show you guys :D

Final thoughts, They both are going to be equally as a fun but im going to side with OW on this one personally. If you get a good team on both you will wreck face guaranteed.

TrackPadGaming

TrackPadGaming

• Forum Member
  • The King of Stupid

• 203 posts

I have only played Battleborn but Personally I intend to get both of them because they both have advantages and disadvantages. As far as the argument that Battleborn isn't worth $60 I don't quite understand it because Battleborn comes with a multiplayer and a campaign mode for just $20 more than overwatch which just has multiplayer. 

SpeedDemon

SpeedDemon
  • Staff
  • I AM THE MILKMAN!! MY MILK IS DELICIOUS!!

• 452 posts

I have only played Battleborn as well and i had a blast playing with the guys from GSN. I have not played overwatch but i have watched game play of it and i might buy both games only if there is a decent interest here from gsn. I don't want to buy a game and then it only be played once a month.

AVIDTIGERIAN

AVIDTIGERIAN
  • Dr. Cox lover

• 871 posts

battleborn wont be worth the $60 gearbox is a great company and all but this is there first attempt of a game like this.

Overwatch on the other hand yes its there first game they did like this. But there other games have seen fast patches and quick fixes when other stuff is broke. Plus the artwork from blizzard beats almost anyone out there.

I will be getting overwatch it seems like a fairer game. Lets be honest at least in overwatch all the heroes are unlocked and can be played i think while battleborn you have to level and level to play them.

A bookworm

A bookworm
  • Forum Member
  • The reader of books

• 59 posts

I've kept an open mind to both games (Overwatch and Battleborn) but I have to say that Overwatch is a better game for many reasons.

1. Overwatch is more competitive than Battleborn - The esports scene is something that Blizzard is very passionate about and something that fits Overwatch much better than Batteborn overall.

2. I care about the characters back story in Overwatch - Lets face it, the characters in Overwatch have backstories without a campaign or anything while Battleborn's characters are very stale with even the campaign adding almost nothing to the characters.

3. Balanced characters - Overwatch (for those of you who don't know) has gone through MANY nerfs and buffs of characters in their LONG beta to make sure one character isn't better than all the others. While Battleborn's beta (of a couple days) has a couple characters that come to mind who are completely broken compared to others.

I could go on and on but I believe those points are enough to prove Overwatch is a better game. (Of course unless you like Borderlands humor mixed with a MOBA then go with Battleborn)

Naaackers

Naaackers

• Forum Member
  • OTS FPR TJE LODS

• 6,903 posts

Relevant! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users