Discord   |   Play games and chat with our PC gaming community in Discord.
Launch Discord  
Photo

Monitor Flashing

Best Answer JollyGG, May 14, 2016

Tried different slots and no go...perhaps I'll try throwing my old setup back together...to tide me over until I can get a TV for my monitor...which should be in two weeks I hope. Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

JollyGG

JollyGG

• 1,570 posts
Operating System: Windows 7
:
:
:
:
:
:
I turned my whole computer off for the weekend and am finally getting back to it now..I turn it back on and the monitor keeps flashing...any ideas?

https://youtu.be/fEgH-qIjQio

Naaackers

Naaackers

• Staff
  • OTS FPR TJE LODS

• 6,903 posts

Kind of seems like your rig is failing to get enough power to boot. Or your monitors is fugged. 

Unplug everything in your PC except for the motherobard (both 20x4 rail and 4/6/8 pin), ram and GPU and see if it boots up. 

MrMackeyMKayyy

MrMackeyMKayyy

• Forum Member
  • Drugs are Bad MKayyy...

• 3,416 posts

Some other things to try:

• Try a new cable connection (new/different HDMI/DVI or whatever you're using) between your monitor and GPU. 
  • If you have another monitor or screen that you can borrow from somewhere else, try that out to see if you're current monitor might just be borked or not.

JollyGG

JollyGG

• 1,570 posts
Think it might either be GPU or cable...different monitor and jeeps saying Check Video Cable...course its a VGA cable on a dvi connector since my card is only HDMI/dvi and I don't have a dvi cable nor a monitor with HDMI. One last test..gonna go snag my ex wife's TV and plug the HDMI into it lol

JollyGG

JollyGG

• 1,570 posts
And now I can't find my HDMI cable....hdhdyrvfnsncbfjghdbsb... And no onboard graphics

JollyGG

JollyGG

• 1,570 posts
Yeah I'm utterly confused.... Two different video cards, two different cables, two different monitors....not a single damn thing works....

MrMackeyMKayyy

MrMackeyMKayyy

• Forum Member
  • Drugs are Bad MKayyy...

• 3,416 posts

Yeah I'm utterly confused.... Two different video cards, two different cables, two different monitors....not a single damn thing works....

Weird... Did you already try what Nackers suggested?

Paronity

Paronity

• Forum Member
  • var Paronity = new Guru();

• 16,885 posts

Weird... Did you already try what Nackers suggested?

Different PCI-Express slot as well? 

JollyGG

JollyGG

• 1,570 posts
✓  Best Answer
Tried different slots and no go...perhaps I'll try throwing my old setup back together...to tide me over until I can get a TV for my monitor...which should be in two weeks I hope.

dudio

dudio
  • Forum Member
  • 81 posts

I'm guessing the AOC thing and lit buttons below the screen are all the monitor?
You should be able to start up the monitor with absolutely nothing hooked up to it (I would think)
and get the logo and/or 'no signal'. If it keeps resetting with nothing hooked up, and you tried
another monitor at the same location, then try another power outlet with it somewhere to rule out 
a bad outlet/powerbar/ups, etc.

JollyGG

JollyGG

• 1,570 posts
HDMI on the card works fine..just need to get a 32" or less TV to use it with. Here's my grandpa's 70" TV...bit too big and no internet out there lol

20160521_152648.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users