Discord   |   Play games and chat with our PC gaming community in Discord.
Launch Discord  
Photo

Constant Buzzing Noise in Headphones/Speakers

Best Answer MrMackeyMKayyy, April 26, 2016

Erhm........ I fixed it? I played around in the BIOS settings (didn't change a thing) and I restarted from there and behold, my audio is back to normal. 

135s85.jpg

Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

MrMackeyMKayyy

MrMackeyMKayyy

• Forum Member
  • Drugs are Bad MKayyy...

• 3,416 posts
Operating System: Windows 10
Motherboard: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming
Graphics/Video Card (GPU): EVGA GTX 980 Ti Hybrid
Processor (CPU): Intel i7 3770k
Hard Drive (HDD): WD Black 1TB 7200RPM
Memory (RAM): 4x4gb 1333Mhz Corsair Vengeance
Other Notes: Sound Card: ASUS Xonar DX

So... Here I am again, big surprise right? :)

Last night I decided to play a couple games of CS:GO and I ran into a issue while doing so. I finished one game up and the game went on to loading the next level where my game ended up crashing without leaving a crash error message or anything like that. Though, what it did end up leaving me was an annoying ass buzzing sound which now plays through my headphones/external speakers.

I have a feeling it might have something to do with my sound card (ASUS Xonar DX), though it is hard for me to test that out because I believe that I somehow disabled my motherboards on-board audio which I am working on figuring out how I did that. So if I figure that out and it doesn't have the buzzing noise playing through that then I can most likely say something happened to my audio card after that game crash. But right now, I have no idea what the heck is going on or what to do.

Curious if anyone here might have had a similar issue or somewhat of an idea to do in order to try and track down the cause of this. I'll include a sound file of the buzzing noise that I recorded from my iPhone, not sure if it'll help or not, but can't hurt.

I appreciate any help with this and if I left something out that might be helpful please let me know and I'll get it added right away.

Attached Files

MrMackeyMKayyy

MrMackeyMKayyy

• Forum Member

• 3,416 posts

*double post, delete pls senpai*

MrMackeyMKayyy

MrMackeyMKayyy

• Forum Member

• 3,416 posts
✓  Best Answer

Erhm........ I fixed it? I played around in the BIOS settings (didn't change a thing) and I restarted from there and behold, my audio is back to normal. 

135s85.jpg

Nimbus

Nimbus
  • Staff
  • ITS YA BOI

• 2,709 posts

Great job team 

M2THE49

M2THE49

• Retired
  • 5,408 posts

Wonder if it was a voltage issue? TOO MUCH POWER? TOO MUCH INTERFERENCE?

MrMackeyMKayyy

MrMackeyMKayyy

• Forum Member

• 3,416 posts

Wonder if it was a voltage issue? TOO MUCH POWER? TOO MUCH INTERFERENCE?

Not sure, this is the first time anything like that has happened with this build. Will keep an eye out though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users