Discord   |   Play games and chat with our PC gaming community in Discord.
Launch Discord  
Photo

Planning To Upgrade, Advice Welcome!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

MrMackeyMKayyy

MrMackeyMKayyy

• Forum Member
  • Drugs are Bad MKayyy...

• 3,416 posts

What's up peeps, hope that all has been well with you all!

I'm finally back in the market for some PC upgrades and I'd love to get your advice if you have suggestions/recommendations. I'm looking to get EVERYTHING up to date in my system and do it right this time (by that I mean make this look sexy, I'm looking at you cable management  :wallbash:).

So currently, I pretty much have taken the "Professional Build" from KBMod's April Build Guide and applied it to my system, though I'd like advice on any changes that you'd recommend. I'll comment my concerns below for specific parts that I had in mind.

My Current Build:

Spoiler

My Upgraded Build (Planning Phase):

Spoiler

PC Part Picker Link For Upgrade: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/MhCwwP

*Update 1: I've updated my list with some updates:

• Changed: Corsair H110i was swapped to the Corsair H115i
  • Changed: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 16gb DDR4-2400 was changed to G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 16gb DDR4-3000
  • Added: Western Digital Black Series 3tb 7200RPM HDD
  • Added: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500gb

Naaackers

Naaackers

• Staff
  • OTS FPR TJE LODS

• 6,894 posts

When are you going to stop milking us for our knowledge and play some games with us, eh? 

Build looks good to me. G.Skill is great budget ram, but you don't need 32gb. 16gb is fine. 

3tb Black

Personally, I like 1 SSD for OS and Installed Programs, 1 SSD for games, and then HHD's for general storage. 

Nimbus

Nimbus
  • Staff
  • ITS YA BOI

• 2,708 posts

Oh look another mackey thread asking for advice from nackers / paronity / Robot  :D

MrMackeyMKayyy

MrMackeyMKayyy

• Forum Member

• 3,416 posts

When are you going to stop milking us for our knowledge and play some games with us, eh? 

Build looks good to me. G.Skill is great budget ram, but you don't need 32gb. 16gb is fine. 

3tb Black

Personally, I like 1 SSD for OS and Installed Programs, 1 SSD for games, and then HHD's for general storage. 

Good call on the storage, I'll do that for sure then. I'll check in more often and see what you are all up to :P\

Oh look another mackey thread asking for advice from nackers / paronity / Robot   :D

I thought the forums were a little bare and could use some Mackey. <3

MrMackeyMKayyy

MrMackeyMKayyy

• Forum Member

• 3,416 posts

Just updated the build and added a change log.

Stormborn

Stormborn
  • Staff
  • 394 posts

Check out the Samsung 950Pro SSD.  It's a really hot SSD.  Makes mincemeat out of the SATA SSDs and isn't crazily priced.  a 500gbb is only around $330 or so

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users