Discord   |   Play games and chat with our PC gaming community in Discord.
Launch Discord  
Photo

FTB Server Shutting Down

ftb minecraft shut down

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Gurthyy

Gurthyy
  • Forum Member
  • 1,014 posts

Hey everyone –

After much discussion, @Kherune and I have decided we will be taking the Minecraft server offline. It’s been an absolute blast the last few months playing with you guys, but the server population has slowed down quite a bit. Over the past 2 weeks, there hasn’t been any activity on the server, so for now, Minecraft will be going offline effective immediately. I am currently in process of downloading the world file, so if you would like to continue playing on the world solo, let me know and I’ll give you a link to download the world file.

As always, when people start having an itch for Minecraft again in a few months, I’ll have no issues throwing a server back up (FTB, Vanilla, Custom?).  In the mean-time, Rocket League, Factorio, Siege, and Ark your life away, minions.

~ G 

Paronity

Paronity

• Forum Member
  • var Paronity = new Guru();

• 16,885 posts

Thanks for running it while it had population guys! Minecraft comes and goes. It's just the way that game goes....

Naaackers

Naaackers

• OTS FPR TJE LODS

• 6,903 posts

Thanks for the hard word and funding to keep the server rolling. 

DigitalFlex

DigitalFlex
  • 70 posts

Thank you for keeping it up as long as you did. It was quite the good server.

Wikken

Wikken
  • Constructor Extraordinaire

• 18 posts

Thanks for running it gurthyy i know its been hard funding and trouble shooting all the lag problems, sad to see the village vanish but it can always be remade!

robville

robville
  • Inactive
  • Miserere Nobis

• 466 posts

I had a thought today that may or may not be worth its salt but would it be worthwhile to invest in one of minecraft's realm servers. Realms doesn't support mods at all... like none which is weird right? Am I the only one who finds it odd that a game like minecraft which is best known for having lots and lots of mods, created a service for hosting multiplayer without any support for mods. I know it is only vanilla but I arrived at GSN because of minecraft many many years ago and I would love to see this game come back... especially now that there is a ton that has been added to vanilla. Just a thought. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users