• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

SaltySam

SaltySam

• Staff
  • Chief Executive Salt Bringer

• 2,799 posts

Hey guys and gals,

It's time for another pulse check for the Ark server! I know a lot of talk recently has been had regarding the future of the Ark server and with the recent changes that will result in us migrating the server over and the fall off of some of our population, I think this is the perfect time to talk and get everyone's opinions on the possibilities of us switching the server over to the Valhalla Map and maybe adding more mods to the list.

Right now we have the Glass Metal and Stairs/Rounded Walls mods and a fairly vanilla config file.

So my question to all of you is: are there any mods, settings changes, opinions that you would like to add to the mix.

IF (NOTICE I TYPED 'IF') we were to switch to the new map it would obviously wipe the entire server and we would all be reset back to the beaches of Valhalla but just as the last time that we had a reset, we would do some boosted XP and gather rates for the first week so that everyone has a little easier time getting back on their feet.

Let us know what you guys and gals think so we can get this plan in motion soon!

Ark is <3 , Ark is Life

Copenhagen

Copenhagen
  • 54 posts

I know nothing about the mods but I think a server wipe with a new map might bring in more people and I would still play here.  :ph34r:

Dilpickle1

Dilpickle1
  • Did I Stutter?

• 413 posts

Our current ark server is boring me. Lets do this shit... tomorrow. @M2THE49

As for mods, lets do these. 

http://steamcommunit...s/?id=609258601

and 

http://steamcommunit...s/?id=572277026

Edited by Dilpickle1, April 08, 2016.

GforGreg

GforGreg
  • Resident Lurker

• 239 posts

If the server was to be updated to the new map, it would for sure draw me back in. 

As for mods, I noticed this one a couple of days ago

http://steamcommunit...s/?id=655080841

Now it is a total conversion mod and some people may not like that sort of thing but I think it looks interesting and should be a consideration, maybe for when the server matures more. Or possibly (if the resources are there) starting a whole new server, with the mod on it.

War

War
  • Forum Member
  • 1 posts

id love for a new map

Edited by War91, April 09, 2016.

Coyote

Coyote

• Staff
  • 979 posts

That's a great idea, and I'm all for it.  :thumbsup:

I also think it will draw in new players.

For those not familiar with the new map check it out below.

https://steamcommuni...s/?id=504122600

Xeerar

Xeerar
  • 129 posts

Im in for a new map any time :D 

M2THE49

M2THE49

• Retired
  • 5,411 posts

SO yeah with the current state of the server, it seems like now would be a good time to switch and try things new. No one's really attached to their crap anymore (at least I'm not) and we can start a new spark with this game.

I will be happy to provide server backups to anyone who requests it so they can continue the adventure on our current server when it's changed over

Dilpickle1

Dilpickle1
  • Did I Stutter?

• 413 posts

Lets do this! 

SaltySam

SaltySam

• Staff

• 2,799 posts

So looking through some possibilities for additions to the server, I wanted to throw this mod into the mix. It the Industrial Grinder Mod and it is basically the supped up version of the mortar and pestle. So just like we have the industrial grill, cooker, and forges already included, this would be the next step for boosted crafting speeds with the smaller component items

Link here

Industrial Grinder:

http://steamcommunit...s/?id=534838287

Xeerar

Xeerar
  • 129 posts
Yes! Grind all the stuff!

New shit, im excited!

Cola

Cola
  • 115 posts

I think it sounds like a no brainer! I'm in for a new map and new stuff ALL DAY!

SaltySam

SaltySam

• Staff

• 2,799 posts

Alrighty I have already talked with @M2THE49 a bit and once we get a date on the new hosting, I will post here to let everyone know. We will be doing double XP and double gathering for a week from the start up and possibly some increased taming rates to help everyone hit the ground running.

Xeerar

Xeerar
  • 129 posts
Yay!

Dilpickle1

Dilpickle1
  • Did I Stutter?

• 413 posts

double rates from stock or double from what we already have? 

Xeerar

Xeerar
  • 129 posts
From what we have i believe

SaltySam

SaltySam

• Staff

• 2,799 posts

Double our current rates, to let everyone hit the ground running for the first week.

Okay! I will be configuring and testing the new server over the next day or so to make sure the mods are stable and will be opening it up in a couple days to start our adventure into ValHalla

Dilpickle1

Dilpickle1
  • Did I Stutter?

• 413 posts

How long do we have on our current server to upload any animals we might wanna keep for single player? 

SaltySam

SaltySam

• Staff

• 2,799 posts
We will be closing down the old server on the 15th, but we will keep backups of everything just in case. Hopefully I'll set everything up and the new server will be stable and running Thursday I'll make a new server info post once the server is up

Dilpickle1

Dilpickle1
  • Did I Stutter?

• 413 posts

Sweet. Thanks Salty! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users