Discord   |   Play games and chat with our PC gaming community in Discord.
Launch Discord  
Photo

If you know Java I need your help

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Machine Gun Preacher

Machine Gun Preacher
  • Forum Member
  • Yes, I know I post too much.

• 4,647 posts

Yours truly decided to take an online Java class. 

I hate online courses. I hated the course I was in previously because it was practically online with the teacher being of no help.

Ya see I'm one of those people who learns by example. And with online classes the example just isn't there. Normally I can just bullshit my way through an online course, but here, i can't.

So if anyone here could pass an introductory Java class where you write at most one hundred lines of code id appreciate your spare time and help for me to pass this class. I'm already behind by 3 assignments that will probably take at most 45 minutes to complete them all by someone with some experience. Not looking for someone to do the work for me, but watch me as I go and answer any questions I have and make sure I stay on the right path. 

If you do a wonderful job you will be compensated for your help. 

joey

joey
  • Forum Member
  • 785 posts

i got some slides that explain with examples and simplify everything for you , its based on deitel book on how to program, but what are you learning there programming with GUI or just programming?

Machine Gun Preacher

Machine Gun Preacher
  • Forum Member

• 4,647 posts

i got some slides that explain with examples and simplify everything for you , its based on deitel book on how to program, but what are you learning there programming with GUI or just programming?

just programming. Our class uses BlueJ as our JDE

M2THE49

M2THE49

• Retired
  • 5,410 posts

Used to write Java looooong ago using Netbeans. Completely forgot how to do it :(

joey

joey
  • Forum Member
  • 785 posts

just programming. Our class uses BlueJ as our JDE

netbeans is actually quite good or eclipse for that matter , i never used blueJ though anyhow thats not what you wanna hear but ill upload these slides am talking about , they come with deitel book "teacher version" with some modification,  has a lot of concepts and explains how to handle classes import them etc at the first chapter but after that you start to learn everything there is to learn for a beginner programmer.

if you have a problem understanding something checkout the new boston youtube channel "bucky" he teaches by examples  most of programming languages.. he explains java to a higher extent than any other though.

just google it like " java for loop statement (thenewboston)" etc

he has a site that he answers programming questions too

programming mostly you push yourself to learn , you cant expect everyone to teach you everything so you gotta be that guy..

these are the slides

https://www.dropbox....rogram.zip?dl=0

joey

joey
  • Forum Member
  • 785 posts

after you finish you should have a course about data structure and mysql/sqlite and then java gui , good luck! :D

D3structiveDude

D3structiveDude
  • Pugs Not Drugs

• 272 posts

Last semester I took my first Java class. I passed with a B. If you want I could do what I can to help you out Preacher, but Java is not my forte. Contact me if you need me my man.

Machine Gun Preacher

Machine Gun Preacher
  • Forum Member

• 4,647 posts
I sucked it up and went head on and did the assignments. With a little bit of YouTube help and some googling I was able to come out okay haha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users