Discord   |   Play games and chat with our PC gaming community in Discord.
Launch Discord  
Photo

Is this possible? 1440p perfect downscale to 1080p

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

MrMackeyMKayyy

MrMackeyMKayyy

• Forum Member
  • Drugs are Bad MKayyy...

• 3,416 posts

So recently I've been getting the itch to stream a little bit though it has become tougher since I upgraded to a 1440p monitor and games now use more resources. I'm curious if anyone happens to know of a way to achieve a perfect downscale resolution from 1440p to 1080p. What I mean by this is possible some software that would be able to add black bars on the border of my monitor and reproducing a 1080p resolution.

The reason I am curious about this is because I don't want my game to be blurry by regularly down scaling from 1440p to 1080p as it just shrinks everything and it is not a 1:1 ratio (unlike 720p to 1440p).

I'm looking for ways to reduce my CPU load by any amount as I can hit up to 70% just with BF4 on my i7 3770k

Any ideas? :D

BadBadRobot

BadBadRobot

• Staff
  • I can do this ALL DAY

• 10,769 posts

I thought 1440p already downscales nicely to 1080p without black bars? OBS does this, I believe it's 1.5x or 2x downscaling. Either way, if you plan to play AND stream BF4 on that processer, you are going to have a bad time, even at 1080p. That game is super CPU hungry.

MrMackeyMKayyy

MrMackeyMKayyy

• Forum Member
  • Drugs are Bad MKayyy...

• 3,416 posts

I thought 1440p already downscales nicely to 1080p without black bars? OBS does this, I believe it's 1.5x or 2x downscaling. Either way, if you plan to play AND stream BF4 on that processer, you are going to have a bad time, even at 1080p. That game is super CPU hungry.

Sorry I should've been more clear on that. I mean downscale on my end, not the stream. Downscaling through OBS for streaming works flawlessly, I just mean playing games at 1080p on my machine. I was just curious if there was some software that was able to do such a thing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users