Discord   |   Play games and chat with our PC gaming community in Discord.
Launch Discord  
Photo

iphone 6 plus locked

Best Answer Naaackers, March 19, 2016

So the screen is locked with a passcode? If this is the case you are pretty much fucked. The only other way you could see those notes is if you take his iCloud ID and login to http://icloud.com - however he would have had to enable iCloud, and enable note syncing for them to be there. But, if you don't have his apple ID and password he used for iCloud, you are stuck there as well. You'd have to have access to his email in order to reset his iCloud password, and you'd also need to know the answers to his security questions. 

iPhones and Apple ID's are meant to be locked down super tight. It's fantastic is most cases, not so much in cases like these. 

Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

joey

joey
  • Forum Member
  • 783 posts
Operating System: Other

so.......a friend of mine his father passed away and his father has the habit of writing everything on the iPhone notes ,so here is where it starts he wants to have access for the notes but the iPhone is locked and its running on ios9 but am not sure which update .. i need idea's to what are his choices , i have the proof of purchase receipt and warranty information , unfortunately none of his family members share the same apple ID nor know what is his apple ID.. i searched a lot on ios9 and apparently you can by pass locked screen in any other ios but not ios9 , so i started looking to format and then use a program to retrieve the data but i saw too many people who tried it failed so that out of question ...

if you have an idea shout it at me , am contacting apple later this day but as i saw in the interweb i think i know what the response will be "if you don't have the computer that sync'ed with it at least once you wont be able to retrieve" he never synced a computer with his iPhone.

Edited by joey, March 19, 2016.

Machine Gun Preacher

Machine Gun Preacher
  • Forum Member
  • Yes, I know I post too much.

• 4,647 posts
If Apple won't unlock the phone for the FBI, they ain't gonna unlock the phone for you. Sorry bro. It'd take social engineering I guess to unlock the passcode. MAYBE Apple could get you his Apple ID and then y'all gotta guess the password.

Naaackers

Naaackers

• OTS FPR TJE LODS

• 6,903 posts
✓  Best Answer

So the screen is locked with a passcode? If this is the case you are pretty much fucked. The only other way you could see those notes is if you take his iCloud ID and login to http://icloud.com - however he would have had to enable iCloud, and enable note syncing for them to be there. But, if you don't have his apple ID and password he used for iCloud, you are stuck there as well. You'd have to have access to his email in order to reset his iCloud password, and you'd also need to know the answers to his security questions. 

iPhones and Apple ID's are meant to be locked down super tight. It's fantastic is most cases, not so much in cases like these. 

joey

joey
  • Forum Member
  • 783 posts

yep, first thing i asked him if anyone in the family shares the same apple ID , it would have made this so much easier but of course the answer was no :/

M2THE49

M2THE49

• Retired
  • 5,408 posts

wonder if he has backups on his computer from itunes and use a program like iexplorer to browse that data (as long as the phone is sync'd and authorized)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users