Discord   |   Play games and chat with our PC gaming community in Discord.
Launch Discord  
Photo

Why does my wifi/internet do this..

Best Answer Machine Gun Preacher, February 20, 2016

well its back now... nothing i did to change anything so im thinking its ISP updates...

Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Machine Gun Preacher

Machine Gun Preacher
  • Forum Member
  • Yes, I know I post too much.

• 4,647 posts
Occasionally my wifi just eats shit. Everyday it is shit, but somedays the only thing it does is smell. Right now it's like that. Like 10 seconds after midnight I was looking forward to a match when my wifi cuts out. This happens to me like once or twice a month, though it is probably more often I'm just not using the Internet at that time to notice.

Basically, the signal is being detected. But like I don't get any internet. And on my computer which is wired in it does the little training warning thing on my connection bar, and so I'm like I click the shit and let Windows diagnose the problems and it always comes up with make sure the cables are secure, restart the router/modem, and restart the PC.

I do all of those things but it ends up just being a waiting game as the Internet only starts working again whenever it feels like it pretty much... So I go to bed in times like these and hope that it works in the AM.

Machine Gun Preacher

Machine Gun Preacher
  • Forum Member

• 4,647 posts
Also... CMD prompt: ping Google.com returns with ping request could not find host Google.com

Ping 8.8.8.8 returns with packets sent = 4, received = 0, Lost =4

CaptainSam101

CaptainSam101
  • Forum Member
  • Throwing BBR out of elevators since 2014

• 1,738 posts

Is it your wifi or internet? There's a big difference...  if it's your internet, its probably when your ISP updates something.  Me and my friend had the same ISP and would randomly lose internet for about 2 hours at 2 AM every 2-3 months, because they would update something.

If it is always at the same time, its possible its some update routine, either your router updating software or your ISP updating something.

Edited by CaptainSam101, February 19, 2016.

Paronity

Paronity

• Forum Member
  • var Paronity = new Guru();

• 16,885 posts

What band (2.4 or 5), and have you tried changing what channel the router broadcasts on to make sure it's not an interference issue? 

M2THE49

M2THE49

• Retired
  • 5,410 posts

Last time I had that issue with infrequent dropped connections, it was the router being so old it wasn't keeping up with shit. I was running on a wired connection and I would load a page and it would just hang for 3-5 minutes and then I'll get reconnected.

Post some more specs yo

Machine Gun Preacher

Machine Gun Preacher
  • Forum Member

• 4,647 posts
✓  Best Answer

well its back now... nothing i did to change anything so im thinking its ISP updates...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users