Discord   |   Play games and chat with our PC gaming community in Discord.
Launch Discord  
Photo

Blue Yeti Microphone died?

Best Answer MRVANSMAN, February 12, 2016

Well, I'm running out of ideas. 

Do you know how to look into event viewer to see if there are any events that are related to the Yeti?

Have you tried rebooting? :D

Have you tried uninstalling every device driver that touches that things and letting them re-install (IE: Remove it from device manager)?

Depending on these answers, we can start debugging USB events. 

I did all of these and still nothing, I'm starting to believe it's a ghost

Did you update any nvidia drivers prior to the mic taking a crap? I know I have had issues in the past with nvidia sound drivers screwing with my old sound card's drivers

I did not

Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

MRVANSMAN

MRVANSMAN
  • Aye lmao

• 382 posts
Operating System: Windows 10
:
:
:
:
:
:

So almost 2 months ago I got a Blue Yeti microphone. It worked great, sounded good and caused me no problems

Of course until now

Last night I was testing it out in Discord...this is where it gets strange

I hopped into an empty channel on my own server and was watching the voice indicator and it seemed to pick up my voice, even though it was a little low the ring around my icon still lit up green.

So then I decided to do a quick voice recording and nothing at all. Then I plugged a pair of earbuds into the mic and still nothing. I've reinstalled the drivers, changed USB ports.

PLEASE HALP

MrFortyTwo

MrFortyTwo

• Staff
  • Newdoodabooder

• 678 posts
You checked all the settings on the microphone itself? I have one myself, could it be its set to a weird setting? Maybe the USB cord you're using is wonky? Is windows picking it up as a recording device?

MRVANSMAN

MRVANSMAN
  • Aye lmao

• 382 posts

You checked all the settings on the microphone itself? I have one myself, could it be its set to a weird setting? Maybe the USB cord you're using is wonky? Is windows picking it up as a recording device?

I checked everything I could, It's set as the default recording device and I've switched out the USB cord. Nada

Paronity

Paronity

• Forum Member
  • var Paronity = new Guru();

• 16,885 posts

I checked everything I could, It's set as the default recording device and I've switched out the USB cord. Nada

Does the windows Mixer pick it up when you talk? What are you trying to record in? 

MRVANSMAN

MRVANSMAN
  • Aye lmao

• 382 posts

Does the windows Mixer pick it up when you talk? What are you trying to record in? 

No it does not

Paronity

Paronity

• Forum Member

• 16,885 posts

No it does not

Have you tried a different USB port and/or cable? 

MRVANSMAN

MRVANSMAN
  • Aye lmao

• 382 posts

Have you tried a different USB port and/or cable? 

Have indeed tried both to no avail ):

Paronity

Paronity

• Forum Member

• 16,885 posts

Have indeed tried both to no avail ):

Ok - I think you answered above, but I Want to be clear. Is the Yeti's light on? 

MRVANSMAN

MRVANSMAN
  • Aye lmao

• 382 posts

Ok - I think you answered above, but I Want to be clear. Is the Yeti's light on? 

Yes sir, on and not blinking (I wish it was as simple as it being muted lol)

Paronity

Paronity

• Forum Member

• 16,885 posts

Yes sir, on and not blinking (I wish it was as simple as it being muted lol)

So, you are getting voltage to the mic, but it's not working when you speak......

Let's see.....

Does the port on the Yeti seem to be in tact (all the copper contacts are where they should be), Maybe a USB Data pin is pushed out or not aligned)?

MRVANSMAN

MRVANSMAN
  • Aye lmao

• 382 posts

So, you are getting voltage to the mic, but it's not working when you speak......

Let's see.....

Does the port on the Yeti seem to be in tact (all the copper contacts are where they should be), Maybe a USB Data pin is pushed out or not aligned)?

Yes everything seems in tact

Paronity

Paronity

• Forum Member

• 16,885 posts

Yes everything seems in tact

Do you have/know ho to use a multimeter? 

MRVANSMAN

MRVANSMAN
  • Aye lmao

• 382 posts

Do you have/know ho to use a multimeter? 

No clue lol

Paronity

Paronity

• Forum Member

• 16,885 posts

Do you know how to look into event viewer to see if there are any events that are related to the Yeti?

Have you tried uninstalling every device driver that touches that things and letting them re-install (IE: Remove it from device manager)?

SaltySam

SaltySam

• Staff
  • Resident Ark Dood

• 2,743 posts

Did you update any nvidia drivers prior to the mic taking a crap? I know I have had issues in the past with nvidia sound drivers screwing with my old sound card's drivers

MRVANSMAN

MRVANSMAN
  • Aye lmao

• 382 posts
✓  Best Answer

I did all of these and still nothing, I'm starting to believe it's a ghost

I did not

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users