Discord   |   Play games and chat with our PC gaming community in Discord.
Launch Discord  
Photo

Offline Raiding?! Seriously?!

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

HacksawJack

HacksawJack

• Banned
  • Banned

• 2,556 posts

I spent the entire day looking forward to logging into rust and getting a chance to start some PVP.

What do I find?

Someone destroyed beds, crates, sleeping bags, and pretty much wiped our hard work base while we were ALL offline. I dont see the fun in that. Where is the sportsmanlike conduct? wheres the PvP gun battles?

See that WOULD be fun compared to this.

I have talked to who did it, they informed me they seiged the base for several hours. They thought it was a feat and something to brag about. Several hours?1 with no resistance. Thats greifing in my book.

MrMackeyMKayyy

MrMackeyMKayyy

• Forum Member
  • Drugs are Bad MKayyy...

• 3,416 posts

Welcome to Rust.

The #whohasthebiggestofflineraidingpenisgamesimulator2016

Darkcobra337

Darkcobra337
  • 263 posts
I want to know how it was done with the offline raiding plugin i have on the server which prevents this. Also, the rules state to just loot and leave and do not destory deployables like crates, beds, and sleeping bags.

MrMackeyMKayyy

MrMackeyMKayyy

• Forum Member
  • Drugs are Bad MKayyy...

• 3,416 posts

I want to know how it was done with the offline raiding plugin i have on the server which prevents this.

You should read the plugin descriptions that you put on the server because it tells you the default settings. Here is the plugin I believe you have and the description of its default configuration which you should alter depending on what you wanted.

Oxide 2 Rust AntiOfflineRaid Plugin

Default Configuration

• First 10 minutes offline - 100% damage
  • Between 10 and 60 minutes offline - 0% damage
  • Between 1 and 3 hours offline - 20% damage
  • Between 3 and 6 hours offline - 35% damage
  • Between 6 and 12 hours offline - 50% damage
  • Between 12 and 48 hours offline - 80% damage
  • After 48 hours offline - 100% damage

Iceman

Iceman

• Retired
  • Ice Cream Anyone?

• 2,522 posts

That's sucks ass coming back to find all your hard work gone. That is kind of why I have been avoiding that type of game. Can't you just ask god to give it all back! ;)

BadBadRobot

BadBadRobot

• Staff
  • I can do this ALL DAY

• 10,770 posts

If someone broke the rules, report them to @Darkcobra337, the admin. Sounds like the offline base raiding wasn't working or you were offline for too long.

Reminder: This game is all about raiding/PVP. You WILL lose gear/bases/your life very often in this game. It's unforgiving and frustrating. As most open world, PVP games are. Lets not turn this into v1 of Rust or DayZ.

Shimapone

Shimapone
  • Forum Member
  • Resident Pony expert

• 79 posts

Honestly, I had to stop playing rust because of people like that. there are waaaay too many people being asshats just to be asshats.

now, If it is made so that my whole base doesn't get blown off the map while I am asleep, I would probably dump another 200+ hours in.

Edited by Shimapone, January 12, 2016.

Iceman

Iceman

• Retired
  • Ice Cream Anyone?

• 2,522 posts

@BadBadRobot Ah the good old Dayz days. Now that really got the tempers going! :angry:

Darkcobra337

Darkcobra337
  • 263 posts

This situation has been fixed and offline raiding will be impossible now. After 20 minutes of being AFK or 30 minutes being offline the base is no longer able to take any damage at all for indefinite time.

TrackPadGaming

TrackPadGaming

• The King of Stupid

• 202 posts

Does that mod only remove player dmg to structures. If so there are other ways to raid a base, ie. the helicopter.

Darkcobra337

Darkcobra337
  • 263 posts

It's damage all together any damage is 0%

Shimapone

Shimapone
  • Forum Member
  • Resident Pony expert

• 79 posts

Does that mod only remove player dmg to structures. If so there are other ways to raid a base, ie. the helicopter.

heli raiding is actually not really doable, if i remember right. something about if a player is close to an unauthorized toolbox, it wont attack.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users