Discord   |   Play games and chat with our PC gaming community in Discord.
Launch Discord  
Photo

Having Discord Notification Issues?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

Naaackers

Naaackers

• Staff
  • OTS FPR TJE LODS

• 6,903 posts

Alright so for a while, Discord was failing to notify me for a lot of things. And I never changed anything. But today I finally figured what the problem was. I had to make a few changes. 

The plus side to updating these settings is you still get visual notification that the channel has been updated, but you do not get a push notification on desktop or mobile. The channels no longer have to be greyed out all the time in order to be silent. 

So now it can look like this:
Screen%20Shot%202016-01-11%20at%203.48.2

Instead of this:
Screen%20Shot%202016-01-11%20at%203.47.2

So a few updates ago, Discord released an feature that allows you to get into the nitty gritty of your notifications and customize them a little bit. I don't know about you, but I had every channel muted. The only time I got notified was if I am mentioned or PM'ed. 

Well, after weeks of no notifications, i decided to check my settings just in case. 

First click on this menu bar here:
Screen%20Shot%202016-01-11%20at%203.33.3

And click "Notification Settings"
Screen%20Shot%202016-01-11%20at%203.34.1

Now, this is what my settings looked like when i first opened them up. Before, I had discord only notify me on desktop and mobile if I was mentioned. That wasn't happening any more. In discord, I had all of the notification icons next to the text channel names MUTED. So they looked like this. 

Screen%20Shot%202016-01-11%20at%203.34.5

What you are going to want to do is unmute all the channels so it looks like this. Click the bell next to the channel name for this to happen. 
Screen%20Shot%202016-01-11%20at%203.36.2

Then, under the mentions column, click on the circle to activate notifications for each channel, and then hit done. 
Screen%20Shot%202016-01-11%20at%203.37.3

THEN BOOM. You are back on the map. You will continue to only get notifications for when you are mentioned. The plus side to updating these settings is you still get visual notification that the channel has been updated, but you do not get a push notification on desktop or mobile. The channels no longer have to be greyed out all the time in order to be silent. 

Let me know if you have any questions!

PS - Just another case of Discord listening to it's fan base and actually making changes. FUCKING LOVE IT. Also thank you to @Khernue for helping me with channel notification testing!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users