Discord   |   Play games and chat with our PC gaming community in Discord.
Launch Discord  
Photo

GSN Weekly has been canceled.

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

BadBadRobot

BadBadRobot

• Staff
  • I can do this ALL DAY

• 10,769 posts

Once upon a time, Nackers brought the idea up to me to do a 15-20 minute show on Mondays where we could easily share the latest news with our growing community. After brainstorming some more, it became much, much more. We added a special guest, introductions, events interviews, gaming news, featured videos, giveaways, etc. Before we knew it, it had become a 2hr show. And on Nov 10th, 2014 we aired our first episode. Since then we have done exactly 50 awesome episodes, each with their own special guest. We got to inform our community, meet new members of the community, entertain you guys and even give back a little via giveaways. We found it to be a lot of fun. For more reasons then one, we think it's time for the show to come to an end. We want to thank everyone who came on the show, everyone who watched the show and everyone who helped with the show. We were lucky to have so much support and it made it all worth it. Thanks for spending your monday nights with us.

A message from Nackers: I want to first start off with the most important bit of my sobby speech. I want to take this moment to thank you guys. This show would not have been possible if it wasn’t for you guys supporting us. It’s cliche to say, but it’s the god honest truth. Some of you were here every single week, and sometimes before the show even went live. To be able to go live every week and have an audience to entertain has truly been a blessing. It has also been a huge learning experience for me. Keeping to a weekly schedule was beyond challenging, but it taught me how to keep tabs on myself and be responsible with my work. I want to extend a thank you to all the guests we had on the show as well. It was always a joy having a third wheel to bounce laughs off of. We really had some amazing people on the show, and I will cherish those times forever. I’d also like to take this moment to thank anyone that helped out with the show. In fear of forgetting someone, I will not list names...hahahah...but if you helped, you know who you are. And you have my gratitude. Even if you helped once, or every week - every little bit helped. With that said. Wow, what a year it’s been. It’s crazy to think that we’ve been doing the show that long. In retrospect, it’s not a really long time. But when you look back and where we started - the time really just flew by. I really had so much fun doing this show. It was a fantastic new project to look forward to every week. Like it was mentioned above, the show just started out as a 15 minute idea, and blossomed into a 2 hour fun-a-thon shit show. We had no idea it would get to where it did. But I speak for both Robot and myself when i say that we are extremely grateful for it. I’m sure that you have many questions, and rightfully so. What I can tell you is that it’s time to use the free time for bigger and better things. I will never forget the times I had on this show. I knew it would be fun, but I really had no idea how much fun - until this very moment. It’s definitely a bittersweet goodbye, but you know you’ll still see me around GSN, cheezin with full force. Again, thank you to everyone who supported and watched the show. It is with a heavy heart that I say not goodbye, but see you later. Cheers.

Sad? Go look at some GIFS to cheer up.

post-6437-0-62564200-1439340461.gif

Paronity

Paronity

• Forum Member
  • var Paronity = new Guru();

• 16,885 posts

It was fun and I always looked forward to the show. I'm glad you guys did it and had fun doing it. I will miss it, but you have to do what you have to do. The show isn't going to make GSN any less GSN. :)

Great job guys!

LoneWolf

LoneWolf

• Forum Member
  • 1,237 posts

Monthly show! Monthly show! Monthly Show!

SpeedDemon

SpeedDemon
  • Staff
  • I AM THE MILKMAN!! MY MILK IS DELICIOUS!!

• 441 posts

:( What will i be looking forward now on mondays?

Edited by SpeedDemon, December 30, 2015.

HacksawJack

HacksawJack

• Banned
  • Banned

• 2,556 posts

Thank you for the effort and dedication you put into this. It was an amazing show.

Ill ask this, maybe its something, a format, that other GSN members can use to fill the void?

Thunder

Thunder
  • Staff
  • still watching you ...

• 7,657 posts

SUPPORTED !

BBR and Nackers (and everybody behind the scenes) : Good job !

Naaackers

Naaackers

• Staff
  • OTS FPR TJE LODS

• 6,902 posts

:( What will i be looking forward now on mondays?

@Paronity streaming!

MrOutlaw

MrOutlaw

• Forum Member
  • Majestic As Fuck

• 656 posts
Just opens us up for some more quality time guys!

MRVANSMAN

MRVANSMAN
  • Aye lmao

• 382 posts

Definitely loved watching every single episode that I did, never a dull one. So many personalities that showed up it was a blast to see a little bio on everyone that appeared and ALL THE FACES. I will rewatch them that is a fact.

It was a good run though guys <3 

Dilpickle1

Dilpickle1
  • Did I Stutter?

• 413 posts

Paronity

Paronity

• Forum Member
  • var Paronity = new Guru();

• 16,885 posts

I too support this. :D Best of both worlds. Less stress - but the community still gets what it wants. More of you guys. :D

@Paronity streaming!

PS: Thanks for mentioning this. I'm building all my scenes again, as my OBS went nuts. That is why I cancelled the stream this past week. Didn't have enough time to reset everything back up - will probably have to ask @BadBadRobot for the name of my font(s) again. He LOVES when I do that. :D

I also have a few ideas to make my show a little more unique and regular. I've told the wife that NO MATTER WHAT, after the first of the year, I AM streaming on mondays. If the kids give us a hassle, I'll take a break and come back. I think forcing myself to stream is the only way I'll force myself to game because I'm fucked up in the head like that. :)

Dilpickle1

Dilpickle1
  • Did I Stutter?

• 413 posts

I'm extremely sad that my work schedule changed the week I was supposed to be on the show, causing me not to be able to do it... 

and now i never will be :( 

03Termi

03Termi

• Retired
  • 1,200 posts
GSN MONTHLY!!! PLEASE!!

MrFortyTwo

MrFortyTwo

• Staff
  • Newdoodabooder

• 678 posts
Sad to see it go, but coming from someone who helped co-host it for 3 episodes I can see why. You guys dont fully understand how much effort these two put into this show. Week to week it was very entertaining and something I looked forward to watching!

CaptainSam101

CaptainSam101
  • Forum Member
  • Throwing BBR out of elevators since 2014

• 1,738 posts

But you promised me episode 101...

8cbdcb0b43006a3c748e8aefc93295dcceebde49

It was a good run and will be missed, but there's always something else around the corner.

CapN

CapN

• Retired
  • Shipshape and Shipfaced!

• 2,444 posts
damn sad to see the show go but definitely understand how much time and dedication it took every week to broadcast so thank you for the hours of entertainment and to everyone that spent time helping behind the scenes and not to mention to all of the guests!

AVIDTIGERIAN

AVIDTIGERIAN
  • Dr. Cox lover

• 871 posts

i never got to be on this show because of work it was enjoyable though :D

Naaackers

Naaackers

• Staff
  • OTS FPR TJE LODS

• 6,902 posts

Thanks for all the kind words guys. Means a lot. 

I have no doubt that somewhere down the line, we'll do another episode of some sorts. It won't be a weekly template, or a reoccurring show, but just a spontaneous lil' one time something. Who knows! But again, the support you guys have shown is truly humbling and much appreciated. 

TO THE FUTURE!

Bourbon

Bourbon
  • 607 posts
Ahhh man :\

SpaceCoder

SpaceCoder

• Do as I say, not as I do.

• 1,191 posts

it was a good run wish i could have caught more of them. Thanks for all the laughs had a great time watching you guys :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users