Discord   |   Play games and chat with our PC gaming community in Discord.
Launch Discord  
Photo

My Monster

custom pc

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Av8orGamer

Av8orGamer
  • Forum Member
  • 49 posts

Hey guys, so I mentioned that Nackers and BadBadRobot encouraged me to build a custom PC.

This was my first attempt, and honestly, I didn't have clue what I was doing. I didn't do tons of research either, but this is what I came up with:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/NNwD99

The main components are as follows:

Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard
AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor
G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory
Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
EVGA 600B 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler

I kept my old MSI Radeon R9 270 2GB TWIN FROZR Video Card for now. I want to replace it eventually, but since that will cost more then all the above, I'm waiting for budget reasons.

All of that is inside a DIYPC Solo-T1-BK ATX Mid Tower Case which was perhaps the biggest mistake of the whole build. It's not convenient at all, but I'm making it work.

Here's a rather poor shot of the finished product.

2015-11-01 14.46.32.jpg

CapN

CapN

• Retired
  • Shipshape and Shipfaced!

• 2,433 posts
Nice build! But I can't believe you play on that tiny desk!!!! :D

MrFortyTwo

MrFortyTwo

• Staff
  • Newdoodabooder

• 677 posts

Solid build man! Hope you enjoy it!

What graphics card do you plan on upgrading to eventually?

Naaackers

Naaackers

• Staff
  • OTS FPR TJE LODS

• 6,894 posts

Hell yes man! Looks awesome!

Paronity

Paronity

• Retired
  • var Paronity = new Guru();

• 16,885 posts

Not to bad for going in blind, so to speak. Kudos to you for just going in Balls Deep. :D I think it turned out great and you will learn things more from just doing it yourself, and if you have questions, don't hesitate to ask. Got some brilliant people around these parts to help with any issue you may have. 

That is quite the tiny desk. :P

All of that is inside a DIYPC Solo-T1-BK ATX Mid Tower Case which was perhaps the biggest mistake of the whole build. It's not convenient at all, but I'm making it work.

Yea - DIYPC isn't know for having the bells and whistles that make building a rig easier. They don't generally have great air-flow either, but you made it work, and that's all that matters!

Kudos! Looks great!

Av8orGamer

Av8orGamer
  • Forum Member
  • 49 posts

That was a temporary desk. The one I'm on isn't much bigger though. I'm moving back overseas in a couple months, so I'm just making do. 

Av8orGamer

Av8orGamer
  • Forum Member
  • 49 posts

Solid build man! Hope you enjoy it!

What graphics card do you plan on upgrading to eventually?

I'm looking at an EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB SSC Gaming ACX 2.0+ like the link below.

http://www.amazon.co...5SPZEGPDX&psc=1

It's in an attainable price range, seems to be quite comparable to the AMD card, and will actually fit in my DIYPC case. I'm totally open to recommendations at this point though. Cooling is obviously a concern, so if I'm headed the wrong direction with this, please say something.

Av8orGamer

Av8orGamer
  • Forum Member
  • 49 posts

Yea - DIYPC isn't know for having the bells and whistles that make building a rig easier. They don't generally have great air-flow either, but you made it work, and that's all that matters!

yeah... now I know. I was going to have 3 hard drives, but I couldn't fit them all in and my silly graphics card. That was pretty annoying. And it's really not good at cooling. Hence the Cooler Master and I added 2 120mm cooling fans on outside of the case to blow in on the GPU and CPU. It's kinda frankinstein. But it runs Fallout 4 at 55ish fps easily, and I already know the GPU is the limiter here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users