Discord   |   Play games and chat with our PC gaming community in Discord.
Launch Discord  
Photo

Build an Awesome Green Screen Setup for Twitch v2.0

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Naaackers

Naaackers

• Staff
  • OTS FPR TJE LODS

• 6,894 posts

Well, i finished my new green screen. Figured I would share how I did it as well. Full part list will be added to the blog post on my website. Enjoy!

Link to post on website.

Machine Gun Preacher

Machine Gun Preacher
  • Forum Member
  • Yes, I know I post too much.

• 4,647 posts

Nice tutorial. I notice that you still have light emitting through the green screen on the right side of the camera.... what is the tolerance there or should you just double up on the green screen sheet to make it thicker?

A 1/4 inch PVC pipe at the bottom of the green screen for you to roll everything up would seem to make the green screen be pulled tighter than what you did with sewing but from the looks of it with OBS it works quite well none the less. 

Naaackers

Naaackers

• Staff
  • OTS FPR TJE LODS

• 6,894 posts

Nice tutorial. I notice that you still have light emitting through the green screen on the right side of the camera.... what is the tolerance there or should you just double up on the green screen sheet to make it thicker?

The lights are on 100% bright white, which is why they are blasting through it. While it didn't cause any issues in OBS, they won't be that bright during streaming anyways. 

A 1/4 inch PVC pipe at the bottom of the green screen for you to roll everything up would seem to make the green screen be pulled tighter than what you did with sewing but from the looks of it with OBS it works quite well none the less. 

This was the original plan, but I was afraid was going to be adding too much weight. So I sewed up all the excess and it seems to weight it down just enough. I sewed it into a pocket at the bottom so if I want to add any weight at the bottom in the form of PVC, I can. 

BadBadRobot

BadBadRobot

• Staff
  • I can do this ALL DAY

• 10,761 posts

It looks awesome. Rolling it up is way better then having to move the green screen and break down the stand. Now I want this. I don't think it would work with the molding I have in the office. We'll see tho..

Paronity

Paronity

• Retired
  • var Paronity = new Guru();

• 16,885 posts

Looks great man. Hopefully once I get the addition of our house done and I Get my new office that isn't a tiny square of drywall in the basement, I'll be able to do something like this. Thanks for the details!

Naaackers

Naaackers

• Staff
  • OTS FPR TJE LODS

• 6,894 posts

It looks awesome. Rolling it up is way better then having to move the green screen and break down the stand. Now I want this. I don't think it would work with the molding I have in the office. We'll see tho..

My ceiling has crown molding as well and it works! Mine is smaller than yours however. If you needed though, you could build down off the ceiling with some 2x4's, down below the crown molding so you could go wall to wall. Then instead of securing the roller system to the ceiling, you screw it into the 2x4's. 

I paid an artist $200 to put these thoughts into MS Paint for you. 

Image%202015-11-28%20at%204.58.47%20PM.p

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users