Discord   |   Play games and chat with our PC gaming community in Discord.
Launch Discord  
Photo

Looking for slightly dated mobo/cpu combo

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Naaackers

Naaackers

• OTS FPR TJE LODS

• 6,903 posts

I'm looking for some parts to complete my living room HTPC/light gaming rig. I've got everything except for a the cpu/motherboard/gpu. I'll decide on a cooler later. 

Do you have some not crazy old but not crazy new parts you are looking to get rid of? Let me know what you have and we might be able to make a deal. 

Looks like microcenter has an 4th gen Core i3 for $100 right now. Paired with a base model mobo i'm looking at like $160-180. So i'm looking to stay under that price. So if your parts are more expensive than that, no need to offer as I'll just pick up the brand new parts for cheaper. 

Let me know!

Paronity

Paronity

• Forum Member
  • var Paronity = new Guru();

• 16,885 posts

I have an ASRock N68-VGS3 FX that I bought to replace someones Phenom II, that I ended up not using. I have never even installed it. It has just been sitting in it's box the whole time. I bought it about 6 months ago. You can have it hella-cheap as I'll never have a need for it. Not sure if going the AMD path was something you wanted to do or not, though. Just throwing it out there. 

Exotic

Exotic
  • Forum Member
  • The Albino One

• 500 posts

I have an old 965 black series and MSI board from my old build.  you can have it for like 25 bucks if you want.

Dilpickle1

Dilpickle1
  • Did I Stutter?

• 413 posts

You know what I have... 

You know what I want... 

Naaackers

Naaackers

• OTS FPR TJE LODS

• 6,903 posts

I have an ASRock N68-VGS3 FX that I bought to replace someones Phenom II, that I ended up not using. I have never even installed it. It has just been sitting in it's box the whole time. I bought it about 6 months ago. You can have it hella-cheap as I'll never have a need for it. Not sure if going the AMD path was something you wanted to do or not, though. Just throwing it out there. 

I will keep you in mind. I'm liking what Exotic has below. 

I have an old 965 black series and MSI board from my old build.  you can have it for like 25 bucks if you want.

OOOOOooooooo. I would actually love to swoop that up. Do you have a model # of the board? 

You know what I have... 

You know what I want... 

OOO BABY. 

Gewchie actually hit me up with a first generation Core-i7 and motherboard...so I might swoop that up as well. But exotic I could find use for your parts as well...can't say I would mind a tiny HTPC for the bedroom. 

Thank you guys! 

Paronity

Paronity

• Forum Member

• 16,885 posts
Hey, if you get gewchie, I'll take Exotics. Don't be greedy. :D

Naaackers

Naaackers

• OTS FPR TJE LODS

• 6,903 posts

FINDERS KEEPERS SLUT. 

Exotic

Exotic
  • Forum Member
  • The Albino One

• 500 posts

@Nackers

it has an cooler on it too, supports 2 fans in push pull

Edited by Exotic, November 24, 2015.

Gewchie

Gewchie
  • Forum Member
  • 800 posts

I am open to the highest bidder! (if only you would help me with my external HD issue...)

Paronity

Paronity

• Forum Member

• 16,885 posts

I am open to the highest bidder! (if only you would help me with my external HD issue...)

Oh snap. Forgot all about that bitch. Let me get through Thanksgiving, then we can attack that monster. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users