Discord   |   Play games and chat with our PC gaming community in Discord.
Launch Discord  
Photo

G.M.E. GSN Mining Expedition (Gimmie) SE Faction

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

HacksawJack

HacksawJack

• Banned
  • Banned

• 2,556 posts

Afternoon Folks!

@MrCheezle and I are heads of the GSN Mining Expedition Faction in Space Engineers. We have lofty goals, but we are determined to achieve them.

If youd like to join the GME, we only ask two things of you:

1. Be a GSN Member

2. Learn how to land your Planetary Rover without damage, also know how to move it if you need too.

Our Goals:

1. Create a successful Base of Operations

2. Launch a reusable craft capable of space flight

3. Create an Orbital Station

4. Land on the Red Planet

This is a hard task, but we are confident it will be achieved. 

MrCheezle

MrCheezle

• Forum Member
  • Former NPFGSN Member

• 694 posts

I'm very confident we can achieve these goals, Space Engineers has already taught me that you have to be patient and when you are, you'll find what you are seeking.

03Termi

03Termi

• Retired
  • 1,200 posts

I'm going to attempt to help out!

HacksawJack

HacksawJack

• Banned
  • Banned

• 2,556 posts

We are now utilizing WUNDERLIST to organize immediate needs and projects. G.M.E. members can be added to the list and review and add to it. 

JollyGG

JollyGG

• 1,576 posts

Just makes me want to play the game again even more. I played it a lot when no one else did...

HacksawJack

HacksawJack

• Banned
  • Banned

• 2,556 posts

Just makes me want to play the game again even more. I played it a lot when no one else did...

Boot it up, the way the server is setup, its like super survival mode. Resource management at its best. 

HacksawJack

HacksawJack

• Banned
  • Banned

• 2,556 posts

The Hornet:

bCgILPO.jpg

GME Main Operations

hTNG9KR.jpg

MrCheezle

MrCheezle

• Forum Member
  • Former NPFGSN Member

• 694 posts

Just wanted to post a couple night shots of the ship I have named The Grasshopper:

Accent lights on

Space Engineers 11_22_2015 17_26_03.png

Spotlights on

Space Engineers 11_22_2015 17_26_41.png

HacksawJack

HacksawJack

• Banned
  • Banned

• 2,556 posts

So we have been pretty quiet on the SE Multiplayer front. I decided to go all in and get myself to space. I needed to make some adjustments to the Hornet:

RpNKAVf.jpg

So I took that design and tweaked it, I made the COCKROACH:

ezUmK5W.jpgoBGVd2w.jpg

She did well, I made it 35k up in the atmosphere. Ill do some more testing tonight.

5JtDUSG.jpg

HacksawJack

HacksawJack

• Banned
  • Banned

• 2,556 posts

added an oxygen generator to the top:

w66P8tE.jpg

HacksawJack

HacksawJack

• Banned
  • Banned

• 2,556 posts

There was success and sadness. A bitter sweet night as much was achieved, but then, ultimately lost.

The GME escaped Earths Gravitational pull and ventured into the vast expanse:

Mt2pE2x.jpg

It was truly glorious, Our goal: THE MOON!

T2OIqHq.jpg

7ZIbQMR.jpg

Our Prize spotted, we ventured forth to claim our destiny:

zcK5k1B.jpg

Leaving our Jewel of a planet behind us:

BNeZBDA.jpg

Never experiencing the moons pull, our lander pulled in too steeply

0BLKpJW.jpg

dEUbUgE.jpg

Our last telemetry from the Cockroach:

paOo1DS.jpg

We lost her as she crashed into the moons surface. Never to be heard from again.

We will always remember its crew:

Rm0R4UI.jpg

Complete Album here

JollyGG

JollyGG

• 1,576 posts

Well, I attempted to start playing. Started in some respawn ship on the dark side of the planet, couldn't move it felt like, cause I kept moving towards the light so I suppose I moved slow enough for it to not matter. Finally gave up and pointed straight at the ground...somehow survived the crash that destroyed everything but the pilot terminal...once I got off, equipped the gun without any knowledge if it had ammo in it....and my game crashed. RIP SE >.<

HacksawJack

HacksawJack

• Banned
  • Banned

• 2,556 posts

Well, I attempted to start playing. Started in some respawn ship on the dark side of the planet, couldn't move it felt like, cause I kept moving towards the light so I suppose I moved slow enough for it to not matter. Finally gave up and pointed straight at the ground...somehow survived the crash that destroyed everything but the pilot terminal...once I got off, equipped the gun without any knowledge if it had ammo in it....and my game crashed. RIP SE >.<

Yea there is a steep learning curve, dont be frustrated though, once you learn how to control the lander, it gets ton more exciting.

Thing Minecraft survival meets space.

JollyGG

JollyGG

• 1,576 posts

Yea there is a steep learning curve, dont be frustrated though, once you learn how to control the lander, it gets ton more exciting.

Thing Minecraft survival meets space.

I've played a lot of SE before...but I'd say this update changed quite a bit...

HacksawJack

HacksawJack

• Banned
  • Banned

• 2,556 posts

I've played a lot of SE before...but I'd say this update changed quite a bit...

Yea the, it has a much bigger survival impact now. You have to really manage resources and carefully plan builds. I have to say its gotten exponentially better, still has a few kinks, but its definitely getting there. 

JollyGG

JollyGG

• 1,576 posts

Yea the, it has a much bigger survival impact now. You have to really manage resources and carefully plan builds. I have to say its gotten exponentially better, still has a few kinks, but its definitely getting there. 

Soon as I see if there's an update or something for DirectX, I'll be trying to play some more if you want to join, i'll hop in Discord as well

Bourbon

Bourbon
  • 607 posts
Bourbon Space systems is pleased to announce that a base of operations is up and running with refinery, assembler, nuke plant, med bay and necessary storage. woot woot!

Edited by Bourbon, December 16, 2015.

BadBadRobot

BadBadRobot

• Staff
  • I can do this ALL DAY

• 10,770 posts

Those screenshots look awesome.

Bourbon

Bourbon
  • 607 posts
I'll just say that you haven't know satisfaction until you've built a 500g gravity cannon capable of ripping apart a starship with 1 shot. @BadBadRobot get this game if you don't have it already

Shimapone

Shimapone
  • Forum Member
  • Resident Pony expert

• 79 posts

;-; I wanna play wit people so bad

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users