Discord   |   Play games and chat with our PC gaming community in Discord.
Launch Discord  
Photo

LF Decent Mic

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Xithryl

Xithryl
  • Forum Member
  • 34 posts

Hey all,

I am in search for a decent USB Mic.

Currently have my eyes set on either Audio Technica AT2020 USB or a Blue Yeti blackout mic.

I saw some AT2020s on ebay for aroud $66 dollars, and am very tempted to pull the trigger.

What do you all think? Anyone have a spare lying around they want to part with?

Thanks everyone.

Edited by Xithryl, November 16, 2015.

Naaackers

Naaackers

• OTS FPR TJE LODS

• 6,903 posts

Yes to the At2020. The Blue Yeti is decent, but I think that the AT2020 does a better job for the price. Blue mic's are just mediocre. 

We have a few people that have them, and they work well, but i'd have to pick the Audio Technica 2020 for sure. 

Xithryl

Xithryl
  • Forum Member
  • 34 posts

Yes to the At2020. The Blue Yeti is decent, but I think that the AT2020 does a better job for the price. Blue mic's are just mediocre. 

We have a few people that have them, and they work well, but i'd have to pick the Audio Technica 2020 for sure. 

Thanks Nackers!

BadBadRobot

BadBadRobot

• Staff
  • I can do this ALL DAY

• 10,770 posts

I've personally owned the AT2020, and it's a great mic for the price. But condensor mics are sensitive by design, so if you have a lot of background nose (fans, people, loud typing) It's all going to be picked up and you'll have to use a noise gate!

Xithryl

Xithryl
  • Forum Member
  • 34 posts

I've personally owned the AT2020, and it's a great mic for the price. But condensor mics are sensitive by design, so if you have a lot of background nose (fans, people, loud typing) It's all going to be picked up and you'll have to use a noise gate!

Well, I have a mechanical keyboard that can be a pain, and when my wife talks on speaker phone, nothing is NOT picking that up.. lol. Guess I also have the television next to the computer area that the wife uses while I'm on the PC... crap I might be screwed lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users