Discord   |   Play games and chat with our PC gaming community in Discord.
Launch Discord  
Photo

Computer Desk

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

MrOutlaw

MrOutlaw

• Forum Member
  • Majestic As Fuck

• 656 posts

I'm looking to see basically what everyone else is using for a Desk and where they got their desk. I have a shitty desk I got for free at the moment and It won't handle one more move..( It fell apart during the first move and barley put back together.) I want something that isn't huge but is big enough to support multiple monitors and my Tower, keyboard, ect.. If you have one for sale awesome let me know but if not please point me in the direction of a good quality desk. Budget 50-200$ range

CaptainSam101

CaptainSam101
  • Forum Member
  • Throwing BBR out of elevators since 2014

• 1,738 posts

Kitchen Tables from Ikea seem to be the hit desk right now for a lot of GSN members.

Naaackers

Naaackers

• OTS FPR TJE LODS

• 6,903 posts

I bought a pre-cut 8ft long, 25" deep counter top from Ikea and it's now my desk ($60). Screwed a few 2x4 pieces in the walls on the sides for support, and two Ikea desk legs for towards the middle. Durable and easy clean. Love it. I'm not sure how much those metal legs are, because I already had them. 

Also note that 25" depth is not very deep. Standard computer desk depth is 28". But because of the length, i compromised. 

Screen%20Shot%202015-11-09%20at%203.07.4

Paronity

Paronity

• Forum Member
  • var Paronity = new Guru();

• 16,885 posts

I made mine from straight raw lumber and plywood. It looks like absolute ass, but holds my screens and stuff exactly where I need them, so it fits my needs. 

Furthermore, it's made with leftover wood that I had around the house, so there are 1x1"s 2x4"s and all kinds of shit. Pretty much anything that I could make something out of. The ghetto of computer desks..... :D

SaltySam

SaltySam

• Staff
  • Resident Ark Dood

• 2,743 posts

Although Nackers idea is fuggin amazing and I wish I had thought of that :P I say keep an eye out for businesses that are remodeling. A local bank was remodeling and asked about getting one of the huge office desks and originally was going to pay $50 for it but ended up giving it to me for free lol It's in my showcase on here if you wanted to see it just click the link in my profile!

MrOutlaw

MrOutlaw

• Forum Member
  • Majestic As Fuck

• 656 posts

Although Nackers idea is fuggin amazing and I wish I had thought of that :P I say keep an eye out for businesses that are remodeling. A local bank was remodeling and asked about getting one of the huge office desks and originally was going to pay $50 for it but ended up giving it to me for free lol It's in my showcase on here if you wanted to see it just click the link in my profile!

That is a good idea!

Naaackers

Naaackers

• OTS FPR TJE LODS

• 6,903 posts

That is a good idea!

My dad picked up two corner motorized desks that elevated to standing height for like $100 total. I'm pretty sure they were like $1000/desk. Also great idea!

MrCheezle

MrCheezle

• Forum Member
  • Former NPFGSN Member

• 694 posts

I made mine from straight raw lumber and plywood. It looks like absolute ass, but holds my screens and stuff exactly where I need them, so it fits my needs. 

Furthermore, it's made with leftover wood that I had around the house, so there are 1x1"s 2x4"s and all kinds of shit. Pretty much anything that I could make something out of. The ghetto of computer desks..... :D

So what you're saying is you build desks like you code? ;)

Thunder

Thunder
  • Staff
  • still watching you ...

• 7,663 posts

I´m planning on a personal project:

Fitting my PC into my desk.

I got Plexiglas and everything else. Just need some LEDs and I cabnn start ...

MrOutlaw

MrOutlaw

• Forum Member
  • Majestic As Fuck

• 656 posts

I´m planning on a personal project:

Fitting my PC into my desk.

I got Plexiglas and everything else. Just need some LEDs and I cabnn start ...

Let me know how that goes or better yet make a video of yourself making it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users