Discord   |   Play games and chat with our PC gaming community in Discord.
Launch Discord  
Photo

Paronicon help

Best Answer Paronity, November 26, 2015

If you are seeing the sqlite error, simply drag and drop the files from the appropriate folder (32bit or 64bit) which can be found in the installation directory. Move them from the folder into the installation directory root. Sometimes the installer fails to do this and you just have to move them manually. If that still doesn't yield the desired result, run the installer that can be found in each of those folders as well (again, depending on which OS you are using).

Paronicon creates a shit-ton of logs, but it only reads from the games_mp.log. This is the only place the information can obtained (at least about chat, kills, and deaths). IP, Name, and GUID can all be acquired through RCON commands that Paronicon uses to talk to the server. What are you saying is not working? Are you saying the rank command is or isnt working? I'm not 100% clear on that. 

Ok. I manually fixed your databases. You also will be the first to get a release of Paronicon2 that will be getting pushed soon enough. 

There will be one ZIP that I send to you in a PM. Simple replace the contents of the data folder, and also replace the Paronicon.exe and Paronicon-Updater.exe with the one in the zip. (Rename the old one to .old, as this is what the updater does when it does it). 

Combination of these was the fix for this issue. Resolving. 

Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

tower

tower
  • Forum Member
  • 22 posts

Hello guys.

I im trying to get paronicon working for my server but so far feels like im missing one piece of the puzzle. Seems like all is working but on the end feels like server is not communicating with paronicon

I have added 2 pics.

Picture where you see rules window, what do you type ingame to see thous rules?

And picture with restrictions, if i type thous names ingame nothing happens, why is it so?

Regards

Attached Images

• 1.jpg
  • 2.jpg

Thunder

Thunder
  • Staff
  • still watching you ...

• 7,665 posts

@Paronity

tower

tower
  • Forum Member
  • 22 posts

You say i should PM him or>?

Thunder

Thunder
  • Staff
  • still watching you ...

• 7,665 posts

You say i should PM him or>?

he´s tagged, so he get´s informed about this thread and will answer as soon as he´s available

Paronity

Paronity

• Forum Member
  • var Paronity = new Guru();

• 16,885 posts

Based on map name and player count, I'm going to assume that you are doing this on a CoD 4 MW or CoD 5 WaW server. 

Typing !rules should make it spit out the rules for ya. 

It would seem as if the games_mp.log isn't being updated on the fly and is instead being cached. Can you do any in game commands? Is it logging chat? Is it logging kills/deaths?

How are you connected to the log files? FTP or Local disc? 

(PS: Moved to technical support). 

tower

tower
  • Forum Member
  • 22 posts

Yes sorry its CoD5

Have tried !rules nothing comes up

I have connected via FTP

my logs are in here: ftp://81.19.211.104/81.19.211.104_1024/main/games2_mp.log

But when i paste it in ''server management''  and press update and open it again its has set it to 81.19.211.104/81.19.211.104_1024/main/ or even disappears, is that's normal?

Edited by HamD3r, November 08, 2015.

Paronity

Paronity

• Forum Member

• 16,885 posts

Yes sorry its CoD5

Have tried !rules nothing comes up

I have connected via FTP

my logs are in here: ftp://81.19.211.104/81.19.211.104_1024/main/games2_mp.log

But when i paste it in ''server management''  and press update and open it again its has set it to 81.19.211.104/81.19.211.104_1024/main/ or even disappears, is that's normal?

Updating FTP was some bugs in it. I bet you are in a situation where your FTP info is bugged in the database. 

Send me the globals.pnc file (privately, as it has sensitive information in it), and I will see if I can get it working for you by manually editing the database. 

tower

tower
  • Forum Member
  • 22 posts

can i ask how/where do i get globals.pnc?

Paronity

Paronity

• Forum Member

• 16,885 posts
It's in the data folder, which can be found in the installation directory. (Program Files by default)

tower

tower
  • Forum Member
  • 22 posts

Hi.

How can i pass it to you as in PM there is no attachment option

thx

Paronity

Paronity

• Forum Member

• 16,885 posts

Hi.

How can i pass it to you as in PM there is no attachment option

thx

You're gonna have to use a file sharing site to get them to me. Take your pick. :)

Paronity

Paronity

• Forum Member

• 16,885 posts

Ok. I see that you have 3 servers in the database. Are any of them working or are all of them an attempt at the same server? 

The ftp info database is an absolute mess from the FTP editing bug. I need to fix that one of these days.....

I will see what I can do to make one of these work for ya. I'll be toying with the database today, so if you see messages or something on your server, you'll know it's me. :)

Paronity

Paronity

• Forum Member

• 16,885 posts

On a positive note, I got one of the servers working. 

5H4Ik44N.png

:D

tower

tower
  • Forum Member
  • 22 posts

Thanks already dude

Paronity

Paronity

• Forum Member

• 16,885 posts

Ok. I manually fixed your databases. You also will be the first to get a release of Paronicon2 that will be getting pushed soon enough. 

There will be one ZIP that I send to you in a PM. Simple replace the contents of the data folder, and also replace the Paronicon.exe and Paronicon-Updater.exe with the one in the zip. (Rename the old one to .old, as this is what the updater does when it does it). 

tower

tower
  • Forum Member
  • 22 posts

Thank you very much so far its seems to work OK.

Question:

when you type in chat !rank where does it read information from as the numbers its shows are very small. I was hoping its will read it from games_mp.log or paronicon create its own logs and that means stats will be only for that period of time when paronicon was running? 

Thanks

Paronity

Paronity

• Forum Member

• 16,885 posts

It uses the thousands and thousands of lines in the games_mp.log to build it's own database. That is what it is using when you run these commands. Paronicon has no control over how big the text is in game though. 

tower

tower
  • Forum Member
  • 22 posts

hmm.

So for example I started to run Paronicon yesterday and im sure its started its own database or its just collects data from time its running as regular players just had few kills by typing !rank,  even tho games_mp.log is 300mb they should have 1000+ kills

Is there any detailed manual or explanation for all what you can do with paranicon and what some tick boxes means/will do?

Like how to set up and what it will do, how its will work ''Global''-''Global configuration''-''My SQL options''

And another thing, the computer i want it to run paronicon on is not launching it any idea why? Same thing on windows 7 or 10 as i just upgraded from 7to10 to see if thats operating system or  what but no still same error

Thanks

Attached Images

• error.jpg

Edited by hamder@gmail.com, November 22, 2015.

tower

tower
  • Forum Member
  • 22 posts

Ok just addition to last post

One thing  I am sure about is that its not reading games_mp.log from FTP but its just create its own log. 

As I have made wrong ''path to log'' details (just delete or add characters randomly) just to test and !rank keep working and updating.

Thx

Edited by hamder@gmail.com, November 22, 2015.

Paronity

Paronity

• Forum Member

• 16,885 posts

If you are seeing the sqlite error, simply drag and drop the files from the appropriate folder (32bit or 64bit) which can be found in the installation directory. Move them from the folder into the installation directory root. Sometimes the installer fails to do this and you just have to move them manually. If that still doesn't yield the desired result, run the installer that can be found in each of those folders as well (again, depending on which OS you are using).

Paronicon creates a shit-ton of logs, but it only reads from the games_mp.log. This is the only place the information can obtained (at least about chat, kills, and deaths). IP, Name, and GUID can all be acquired through RCON commands that Paronicon uses to talk to the server. What are you saying is not working? Are you saying the rank command is or isnt working? I'm not 100% clear on that. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users