Discord   |   Play games and chat with our PC gaming community in Discord.
Launch Discord  
Photo

Altis Life, RGN and GSN. What happened exactly?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Leadhead64

Leadhead64
  • Forum Member
  • Babe

• 5 posts

Although I loved the Altis Life server and was sad to see it go I think your decision was the right move. I will be straight forward and say that Altis Life could even bring out the bad in me from time to time. Hopefully the community will still grow and we will become more of one than have the community split into groups of people that don't get a long well which was from mostly Altis Life. Can't wait to see where we are a year from now. 

Cheezy

Cheezy
  • Forum Member
  • 29 posts

Holy crap... I'm gone for a few months and come back to find you guys got rid of Altis?! Dang, that sucks major monkey balls. I get the TS thing because of the trolls and what-not, but seriously, discovering the closure of the Altis Server really breaks my heart. I put a good 200+ hours into your guys's server. Like, I literally spent all my time on Arma in your Altis Server. Also, it's such a shame for me to see so many people leaving, most of whom I interacted with at one time or another during my misadventures in Altis. Although I am at college, I have tried to stay updated on the happenings of the community as I care deeply for GSN, and it's such a shame to see so many wonderful people leaving. I hope you guys are able to move forward stronger than ever though!

Smurfee

Smurfee
  • Forum Member
  • The one and only

• 231 posts

Holy crap... I'm gone for a few months and come back to find you guys got rid of Altis?! Dang, that sucks major monkey balls. I get the TS thing because of the trolls and what-not, but seriously, discovering the closure of the Altis Server really breaks my heart. I put a good 200+ hours into your guys's server. Like, I literally spent all my time on Arma in your Altis Server. Also, it's such a shame for me to see so many people leaving, most of whom I interacted with at one time or another during my misadventures in Altis. Although I am at college, I have tried to stay updated on the happenings of the community as I care deeply for GSN, and it's such a shame to see so many wonderful people leaving. I hope you guys are able to move forward stronger than ever though!

I agree with you about that it breaks my heart that GSN got rid of the Altis Life server but that is life and all good things must come to an end. I personally put about 800+ hours into the server spread over Cop EMS and Civ but I can understand why they did it. I hope everyone else can see it from their perspective and not hate them for it. I know a lot of people have left because of it but now we have a stronger community where everyone can have fun and relax. Some people may not have known this but there is a few people who just didn't have any free time because they were consistently working on or dealing with people from the altis life server.  I am positive that we will be stronger moving forward.

I also care deeply for GSN but between working full time, volunteering 6+ hours a week and in the process of joining the military I don't have a whole lot of free time to stay updated and play a lot of games any more :/  but I guess that is what happens as you get older. But if you ever want to talk, get updates on whats happening in the community or play games together just pm me and I can try to work something out.  

Also I would love to see you guys thank some key people like Paronity, Nackers and BBR for starting and maintaining the server because without them GSN Altis Life server would have never have happened. 

Smurfee 

Edited by Smurfee, November 01, 2015.

LoneWolf

LoneWolf

• Forum Member
  • 1,237 posts

Altis Life needed to (had to) die, for GSN to move forward. So, here we are and I am fine with that.

SpankNewton

SpankNewton

• Forum Member
  • 22 posts

Well done on the integrity my friend.  It must have been difficult handing off so much work for free, but very admirable to do so.  I never played Altis Life myself, so I do not have first hand knowledge of how bad the drama was.  I did however read quite a few of the ban disputes, and I can only imagine how awful it had to be to deal with all that.  I am glad to be here after the dust settled and look forward to where this goes.

bd.strelkov

bd.strelkov
  • Forum Member
  • 72 posts

I put a lot of time into this server, and then I stopped playing for a while. Came back and saw that it was now RGN. I still play on there but its not the same. Oh well, good times were had :) Thanks all 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users