Discord   |   Play games and chat with our PC gaming community in Discord.
Launch Discord  
Photo

Goodbye Teamspeak, Goodbye Shoutbox.

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

Meta

Meta
  • Forum Member
  • 554 posts

So when is the punch drinks getting passed around for this cult outing?

*cry* how am I supposed to know when peps are doing minecraft now

Also if anyone that sees this is getting into the ToS beta msg me and we can meetup!

Modoc

Modoc
  • Get off my lawn!!!

• 1,113 posts

I'm speaking on a logical side of things and in no way am I trying to be disrespectful.

Why don't you just keep teamspeak? It was a great communication platform and now your expecting all GSN members to reinstall and learn a new platform. Also how are people who play on your public server supposed to speak with an admin if they can't join the communication platform? At least with team speak you had a channel dedicated to admin assistance.

How are mature people supposed to hang out with GSN members and get invited to the community if they aren't allowed to talk with any members. Via VOIP

To answer a few of your questions.

Discord does not need any installation if you don't want to, it can be ran through a browser interface, phone app, or desktop app.

GSN's discord is, for the time being, for GSN use, as we reconnect as a community. This does not mean we don't want to play games with all you great people, or that we want to hinder you as a medium to connect and play games yourselves, we just need a small amount of us time, to help with changes that are affecting everyone, both GSN member and community member.

Anyone has the ability to set up either a discord server or a TS server for use of friends and such, there are quite a few community members that have their own TS and only used GSN's for events or problems with Altis, so as I know they are still up.

While GSN has removed it's TS, allot of the people who were playing on altis were using there own TS and only coming to GSN TS for problems, you can still use the forums for that if an admin is not in game.

As for getting to talk to someone, there are many ways to go about it, heck a PM saying wanna play a game, can get a TS or discord server started for gaming in 20 minutes or less. Until GSN as a whole gets itself straightened out, we just need time ourselves.

Thezal

Thezal
  • Forum Member
  • Most Handsome Streamer

• 145 posts

I think @Smurfee and myself have the same question of, how does one get an invite to the discord server? I'm not saying you should place the head admins out on the table for everyone to spam message, but will there be a forum topic of being "whitelisted"? Something like that? 

Edited by Thezal, October 23, 2015.

Danobot

Danobot

• Forum Member
  • Irish And Proud!!!

• 228 posts
I do miss alts dearly but gsn is where I made most of my pc friends and I plan to keep them so I will sure be sticking around

Xander

Xander

• 28 posts

How the FACK do I get on the GSN discord? I needz tech support plz

Thunder

Thunder
  • Staff
  • still watching you ...

• 7,651 posts

send you a PM

Bourbon

Bourbon
  • 607 posts

Ask in the shout box, haHA the jokes! :P

Ductape

Ductape
  • Forum Member
  • 56 posts

What about community events will there be any sort of external comms for all on those?

Edited by Ductape, October 23, 2015.

MasCrouix

MasCrouix
  • Forum Member
  • 161 posts

Guess it is good bye then, I was at least hoping to be able to play Star Wars battlefront with you guys.  Oh well, I will miss my time here but this would be three times denied.  Good luck, GSN is a great place.. hope your decisions are for the best.

Thanks

JackDee

JackDee
  • Forum Member
  • 1,043 posts

Is anyone on discord right now because i dont see a dam thing apart from a blank page?

Thunder

Thunder
  • Staff
  • still watching you ...

• 7,651 posts

Is anyone on discord right now because i dont see a dam thing apart from a blank page?

pm´d you

General187

General187

• Forum Member
  • Community Lurker

• 1,409 posts
I'm really lost with this whole decision process now. The Altis server was one thing. I didn't agree with it, but I understand why it happend.

Removing the GSN teamspeak and going with some company or program that no one normally uses, is mind blowing. This seems to have caused even more people to disembark from the community. And on top of this, removing the shout box as well?

Keeping everyone in the dark about this shut down until after it was over, abruptly removing teamspeak server that everyone used to mingle and play games with each other, and removing the shout box literally baffles me.

You are losing more and more dedicated people every day since this shit storm started. People that spent literally thousands of hours playing and managing servers...

I'm not a part of GSN obviously, but I feel like a part of me is lost now because of this.

Alien8r

Alien8r
  • Forum Member
  • Your Local Pest

• 96 posts

I'm really lost with this whole decision process now. The Altis server was one thing. I didn't agree with it, but I understand why it happend.

Removing the GSN teamspeak and going with some company or program that no one normally uses, is mind blowing. This seems to have caused even more people to disembark from the community. And on top of this, removing the shout box as well?

Keeping everyone in the dark about this shut down until after it was over, abruptly removing teamspeak server that everyone used to mingle and play games with each other, and removing the shout box literally baffles me.

You are losing more and more dedicated people every day since this shit storm started. People that spent literally thousands of hours playing and managing servers...

I'm not a part of GSN obviously, but I feel like a part of me is lost now because of this.

Completely agree I know what the end goal of all of this is but im not sure this is the way to reach it.

SpaceCoder

SpaceCoder

• Do as I say, not as I do.

• 1,191 posts

i believe they removed the two to cut down on the number of trolls and other people that will complain so they dont have to deal with them and create more headaches to me that makes perfect sense because i would have done this too if i were in this situation. i hope at least the shoutbox removal isnt permanent because i enjoyed talking with people on it and it also was a great way to get a small team together for gaming in a short time. They moved to discord because it's a private thing and you need to be invited to it to join and as of now like i said that makes sense, now will they keep it like that when all the dust settles i have no clue. i have never used discord so i cant say if its better or worse than teamspeak but we will just have to wait and see where this all goes. I honestly dont agree with everything that is being done but this is why i think its happening and is probably the best way to avoid the trolls and the altis player that just want to rage. We will just have to wait and see what happens and i hope everything turns out good in the end.

BadBadRobot

BadBadRobot

• Staff
  • I can do this ALL DAY

• 10,763 posts

i believe they removed the two to cut down on the number of trolls and other people that will complain so they dont have to deal with them and create more headaches to me that makes perfect sense because i would have done this too if i were in this situation.

You hit the nail on the head. We are purging the children. When the purge is over, it will be open for mature folks.

BadBadRobot

BadBadRobot

• Staff
  • I can do this ALL DAY

• 10,763 posts

What about community events will there be any sort of external comms for all on those?

When we have an event, we will use discord and invite those mature ones!

I think @Smurfee and myself have the same question of, how does one get an invite to the discord server? I'm not saying you should place the head admins out on the table for everyone to spam message, but will there be a forum topic of being "whitelisted"? Something like that? 

Invites will be sent via our members. It'll come in the form of a hyper link. We just need a few days to let the dust settle and we will start sending them out!

Sam.

Sam.

• Forum Member
  • Former EXP

• 1,035 posts
I'm sorry @BadBadRobot but I feel I'm going to leave the community. I feel I have no future here, and I feel I'm being shut out from being able to talk to my friends and the community. I'm sorry but my 8 months part of this community are done and I'm going to find and look for other things.

BadBadRobot

BadBadRobot

• Staff
  • I can do this ALL DAY

• 10,763 posts

I'm sorry @BadBadRobot but I feel I'm going to leave the community. I feel I have no future here, and I feel I'm being shut out from being able to talk to my friends and the community. I'm sorry but my 8 months part of this community are done and I'm going to find and look for other things.

It was nice knowing you Sam. Your a young lad and I'm sure you'll find a community with like minded community members. Thanks for the support in the past. 

Bourbon

Bourbon
  • 607 posts
Well, amid all the departures I want to say that I'm sticking around even though I'm not a member...I've made far too many friends to just up and leave. You guys are alright in my book.

@BadBadRobot I respect you making what had to be a tough decision that you think is best and sticking with it regardless of the fallout.

SpankNewton

SpankNewton

• Forum Member
  • 22 posts

I know there is a lot of hurt feelings with some folks, but I think this is a good move.  As a father, I must say that there is no real method to reason with immature kiddos.  They will put more effort into trolling for attention than being patient and trying to understand.  They will leave even faster if they can't get that attention they want, because they will become bored and find another medium to troll.  Nice psychological warfare.  Someone please play the safety dance song please!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users