Discord   |   Play games and chat with our PC gaming community in Discord.
Launch Discord  
Photo

Goodbye Teamspeak, Goodbye Shoutbox.

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

Naaackers

Naaackers

• Staff
  • OTS FPR TJE LODS

• 6,894 posts

TLDR: badbad robot "if your not a GSN fo fuck yourself." 10/10 on destroying a great community ya twat

Thank you for being so supportive of our community and it's servers. We greatly appreciate the time you've spent with us. 

Have a great weekend!

MoneyB

MoneyB
  • Forum Member
  • 72 posts
Man not sure if I can get behind this decision. My main question surrounding this is how can you, the leadership, accurately depict someone as a "mature, team-oriented, no drama, no bullshit player" when we have no way of communicating with you guys or even knowing what games members are playing actively at the moment?

When I first joined the community, the only way I met GSN members and put my foot in the door was by going through the channels in teamspeak and seeing who was playing what and then join their channel and ask if I could join them. With this decision, I have no way to tell what GSN members are playing, no way to introduce myself to them other than a forum post.

And on this topic, our only form of communication right now with the GSN members is through the forum and maybe on steam if you have some added. I'm not sure how you can deem someone as all of the adjectives you described above only based on forum posts and maybe some in game experiences, that is if you have GSN members added and/or join one of the GSN servers.

Going off of this point, me personally I do not own ark, which seems to be the popular server now and I have really no way of being actively involved other than my forum posts and maybe seeing some GSN members join games and asking if I can join. For my situation as an example, I do not post as often as I could and mostly create relationships through VOIP. This change will directly affect me and can't say I can support it. It seems as though you are isolating yourselves from the community members who have donated and populated your servers.

This post is meant in now way to be disrespectful, this is just my view on this change. I welcome any rebuttals to this and apologize if there is any poor grammar/sentence structure.

Pouncer012

Pouncer012
  • 265 posts

Seems like a great move guys! We'll see you in the Discord Server!

BadBadRobot

BadBadRobot

• Staff
  • I can do this ALL DAY

• 10,761 posts

TLDR: badbad robot "if your not a GSN fo fuck yourself." 10/10 on destroying a great community ya twat

giphy.gif

Agony

Agony

• Forum Member
  • Soon ™

• 377 posts

@ Cade Chan @ Dralan1992 @Matthew. don't worry friends, i'll  vouch for you (insert obligatory winky face) and add me on steam Dralan >.> same name, same icon as my forum name.

Matthew.

Matthew.

• Forum Member
  • Matthew

• 168 posts
Lol it tagged the wrong Matthew... Or did it D:

Matthew.

Matthew.

• Forum Member
  • Matthew

• 168 posts
My name just has a period at the end.

Baconator

Baconator
  • Forum Member
  • Osu God.

• 284 posts

Question: Will the TS/Shoutbox ever come back?

Brisingr34

Brisingr34
  • Forum Member
  • CS:GO Addict

• 281 posts

Sounds like a plan. Hope to be one of mature one invited back!

Paronity

Paronity

• Retired
  • var Paronity = new Guru();

• 16,885 posts

Question: Will the TS/Shoutbox ever come back?

Depends on how this works. We will let this ride for a bit and we will see where we go from there. 

This could be the wrong decision and we will learn as we go. As we always have for 5 years now.....

To those forum members that have shown interest in GSN and are here for GSN and have earned respect, will get invited. This first wave is just to weed out the people that aren't here for the community, as you can see by some of the posts that get made, that we have those people......

Dustles

Dustles
  • Thee Wild Card

• 348 posts

So much for Teamspeak :( and the shoutbox RIP

JayS

JayS
  • Forum Member
  • 240 posts

Can't say i'm a fan of this move. @BadBadRobot does gsn still plan on expanding? If so this move will make it much more complicated. 

Shimapone

Shimapone
  • Forum Member
  • Resident Pony expert

• 79 posts

This is quite interesting. I've been part of small communities myself, and normally, we have issues with not being able to bring in new members even with low standards. I am interested in how this will go. If things are done right, this could be a major step in the right direction. if not..... it could be a step right onto a landmine. either way, looks like I am the only pone left. RIP Blackjackgofish

BadBadRobot

BadBadRobot

• Staff
  • I can do this ALL DAY

• 10,761 posts

Can't say i'm a fan of this move. @BadBadRobot does gsn still plan on expanding? If so this move will make it much more complicated. 

Expanding? You mean growing bigger? No, ATM we are too big. We don't even know all the GSN members. So we are going to spend time getting to know them. Until then, we are just playing some games.

Smurfee

Smurfee
  • Forum Member
  • The one and only

• 231 posts

How do I go about getting myself invited to this Discord? 

Sam.

Sam.

• Forum Member
  • Former EXP

• 1,035 posts
I'm speaking on a logical side of things and in no way am I trying to be disrespectful.

Why would you shut down the shoutbox that is how most members would ask others if they would want to play a game, or just chat and socialize. And ask how everyone's days are going

Why don't you just keep teamspeak? It was a great communication platform and now your expecting all GSN members to reinstall and learn a new platform. Also how are people who play on your public server supposed to speak with an admin if they can't join the communication platform? At least with team speak you had a channel dedicated to admin assistance.

How are mature people supposed to hang out with GSN members and get invited to the community if they aren't allowed to talk with any members. Via VOIP

Are you trying to cut back the need to admin your servers, by removing them? Because they are to stressful? Or to much work?

I am really not enjoying this decision.

Mr. Turtle

Mr. Turtle
  • Forum Member
  • 227 posts

Well this makes me sad.  I loved my time here and made a lot of new friends, so thanks for that.  So many great memories made!  I still love this community, don't get me wrong, but I used to feel like I had a future here.  Now it just feels like I'm being shut out.  I know this isn't your guys intention, but that's how I feel.  I guess I understand where your coming from.

The Altis server shutting down was probably a blessing in disguise (I played way too much and was pretty addicted).  But with the shoutbox and ts shutting down, I have now way to talk to many of my friends because I'm not 18 yet.

I'll still check the forums every once and a while, and obviously still play with the friends I've made here, but I don't own many of the games that the community is moving into.  I hope that this didn't sound too dramatic, I'm just pretty sad right now.  

Anyone who wants to play something with me, add me on Steam @Mr. Turtle (I'll probably mainly be playing CSGO now)

Sam.

Sam.

• Forum Member
  • Former EXP

• 1,035 posts

but I used to feel like I had a future here.  Now it just feels like I'm being shut out.

That is how i feel aswell

Shimapone

Shimapone
  • Forum Member
  • Resident Pony expert

• 79 posts

Call me a horrible person, But I'm kind of enjoying this. seeing who will stay just to be part of the community, and who will get butthurt and not want to make the commitment is rather interesting. I feel a bit let down that some of the people I considered friends are lashing out, and getting themselves kicked in the arse, but.... oh well, their choice.

Hitman

Hitman
  • Banned
  • I'm a cunt - ban reason - http://cl.ly/dcyM

• 14 posts

Welp a great community down the shitter because bad bad robot doesnt like trolls DEAL WITH IT PUSSY (It would be an honor to be banned by one of you GSN twats)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users