Discord   |   Play games and chat with our PC gaming community in Discord.
Launch Discord  
Photo

Goodbye Teamspeak, Goodbye Shoutbox.

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

BadBadRobot

BadBadRobot

• Staff
  • I can do this ALL DAY

• 10,770 posts

If you are a recruit-head admin, please check the mod lounge.

As some of you have probably already figured out, the GSN Gaming teamspeak 3 and the shoutbox have been disabled. In an effort to simplify/merge our different communication tools, our community has moved to another tool called Discord for chat and voice. However, our new discord server is for GSN Members only (with the ability for us to invite 18+ , mature, team oriented, no drama, no bullshit players).

Why are we locking it down? Our community is currently big and locking it down will allow us to be able to play more TOGETHER, meet other GSN members and become stronger as a community. That is my #1 goal.

Some community members may feel abandoned because of this. However, it’s my job to provide a fun, mature and stress free environment for the 110 GSN community members first. GSN members are my first priority. Don’t forget, everyone still has access to our community forums. See you on the battlefield!

Fusion3Gz

Fusion3Gz
  • Forum Member
  • 1,308 posts

:(

Machine Gun Preacher

Machine Gun Preacher
  • Forum Member
  • Yes, I know I post too much.

• 4,647 posts
Yeah I was gonna wonder when this was happening.

Naaackers

Naaackers

• OTS FPR TJE LODS

• 6,903 posts

Awesome.

DarkerBlitz

DarkerBlitz

• Forum Member
  • 1,114 posts

Discord 5evar. :wub:

Bones

Bones

• Forum Member
  • Bones....

• 261 posts

:( (sniff) now I gots no one to play with :'(

Edited by QUIK5ILVER 93, October 23, 2015.

Fusion3Gz

Fusion3Gz
  • Forum Member
  • 1,308 posts

:( (sniff) now I gots no one to play with :'(

Fr

Cade Chan

Cade Chan
  • Banned
  • Banned

• 144 posts

;-; Well this sucks, bought RL and some other games to get to know the GSN community more but it looks like its time to refund them and find a new place.

John Snow

John Snow

• Forum Member
  • I know! I know! I know nothing

• 381 posts
Well I acknowledge that your responsibility and duty is to GSN members first and foremost. It kind of does feel like those of us who haven't been cancerous and toxic to the environment are getting grouped with the trash

Cade Chan

Cade Chan
  • Banned
  • Banned

• 144 posts

Well I acknowledge that your responsibility and duty is to GSN members first and foremost. It kind of does feel like those of us who haven't been cancerous and toxic to the environment are getting grouped with the trash

You said it better than I would have worded it for sure.

BadBadRobot

BadBadRobot

• Staff
  • I can do this ALL DAY

• 10,770 posts

You said it better than I would have worded it for sure.

Thats not our intention. We are trying to get rid of the weeds, this is step 1. We know not everyone is garbage. Remember,  we WILL be inviting mature non-members that have legit interests in GSN to our discord. If thats you, please stick around.

Dralan1992

Dralan1992
  • Banned
  • Dralan

• 126 posts

i can't even talk with friends now and game! GSN ive put atleast 8-9 months of my time with you. i feel like i have wasted my time, not only getting EMS GPD EVENT staff as well. to be honest i don't think these changes are going to help as much as you think they are. im still cool with everyone here. but if im going to be on anything GSN it will be Ark so you can find me there. Sucks that shit is going down like this.

Camco

Camco

• Forum Member
  • Turbo Diesel

• 226 posts

Listen guys, we all know @BadBadRobot and the team. You should know they are not the type to just throw away good players who are good fun. Once everything is situated, the will invite those who they feel are good for the gaming environment. Keep your heads up. Good things come to those who wait. Just give it a little bit, and you'll be back in on the action in no time!

Rage

Rage
  • Forum Member
  • It g ma

• 412 posts

Goodbye Shoutbox & TS3 :(, hello darkness my old friend :(

Matthew.

Matthew.

• Forum Member
  • Matthew

• 168 posts
Really hope I will be invited back. Made a lot of friends with many gsn members.

Bourbon

Bourbon
  • 607 posts

Thats not our intention. We are trying to get rid of the weeds, this is step 1. We know not everyone is garbage. Remember, we WILL be inviting mature non-members that have legit interests in GSN to our discord. If thats you, please stick around.

Roger that. I assume that this will be done on a case by case basis, and I'm not planning on going anywhere as I've made too many friends to just leave. Is there any way other than just lingering around to express our interest in being allowed the privilege of being invited into the new setup?

Thanks

Fish_Tacos

Fish_Tacos

• Forum Member
  • 862 posts

Knowing nothing about the current course of action GSN staff has in mind, I can't be certain but, I'm willing to bet that at some point in the near future an announcement will be made explaining how all of this will be handled. This is only a small piece of the puzzle. Like BBR said, for those of you that have a genuine interest in GSN, stick around for a bit and see what happens. No need to jump ship so soon. 

Naaackers

Naaackers

• OTS FPR TJE LODS

• 6,903 posts

We know that not everyone is garbage, and we know that there are many of you have true interest in the community. Don't worry, we will not forget about. Like Robot said, this is just Step 1. He shall elaborate soon :)

BlackjackGoFish

BlackjackGoFish
  • Forum Member
  • 15 posts

TLDR: badbad robot "if your not a GSN fo fuck yourself." 10/10 on destroying a great community ya twat

Jay Deadeye

Jay Deadeye
  • Still a Basic Bitch

• 516 posts

such as the Altis closure, this is also for the better. GSN will get back to the awesome state it was, full of mature, awesome players and friends, the way it was when i joined GSN.

Just stick around, Please <3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users